“Go higher, see farer, embracing the spectacular sea harbour view of Hong Kong”

The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Taipei, Taiwan
“Go higher, see farer, embracing the spectacular sea harbour view of Hong Kong”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Go higher, see farer, Enjoy having a get-away and reflecting moment , staying at the tallest hotel in the world - The Ritz Carlton, Hong kong . The receptionist of check-in counter who is named Liam was super nice and friendly, he could immediately know what customers' favour within couple of sentences of greeting , truly a well-trained and sincere young staff who perfectly suitable for working in service field . More specially to share is a whole new experience of swimming in the cloud, What a magnificent view which was looked from the window at 116 floors height. The splendid visual effect combined with glasswork and lighting art not only dazzled but highly praised by guests.Regarding to the room I stayed ,The sea harbour view deluxe suite was superb ,so exquisite , so inspiring the details of room interior decoration has kept tantalizing and welcoming guests.Never get too bored to recline on the chaise longue , how spectacular the view is ! The bathroom product they provided to guests was one of my most favourite British brand " Asprey " , the smell and quality was very soothing and relaxing .The restaurant for breakfast where located at the 102 f , tasty and delicate, again, the view had even made the dishes became more delicious , there was also telescope facilitated beside the window , Can't wait to arrange my next stay to this marvellous hotel ! Don, Kuo Dung Lin / Taipei 2014. March

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

Service 5 stars
Location 4.5stars
Room 5stars
Gym and faculties 5stars

Note let the downstairs know of any of your concerns/ questions it was my birthday and we asked them for a couple of tips not only did they give us amazing recommendations I also came to my room to see a birthday cake given to me on behalf of the hotel!

Stayed April 2014
Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay at The Ritz-Carlton in Hong kong with my son.

Known for its legendary service, it has far exceeded my expectation. From the arrival experience where we were warmly welcomed by Joe, to in-room check-in, to the club lounge. Every member of the staff addressed us by name (i wonder how they did it) and they were eager to assist and ensure we have the most comfortable stay.

The view from my room, needless to say, is simply awesome. In the room, we received not only a hand-written welcome card from the General Manager, but we also had a personalised welcome letter from the housekeeping attendant who took the time to introduce herself and re-assuring us that we are in good hands.

At the club lounge, Parry is defintely running a fantastic team. Victor, Felix, Elisa and Wookie were outstanding and they made us felt so welcomed that it was difficult to leave.

I want to thank the entire team at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, for making us feel like we are 'home away from home'. You can be sure that I will be sharing my wonderful experience with my friends and colleagues.

If you are looking for a great hotel to stay, this has to be it! Check it out.

SH Tan

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Cafe 103 is fabulous ! I LOVE the chocolate tea set in Cafe 103 ! I went there with my friends and we had a tea set for two. I really love the desserts <3 and the service was excellent. The staffs helped us took tons of photo and they helped me pack the tea set because we couldn't finish it. My friends and I had a great time in Cafe 103. Great view, great service, great food. It is a really nice place to visit if you have friends visiting HK for the first time. We are excited to visit Cafe 103 again for their easter afternoon tea set :D

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I landed in Hong Kong free of a priori, i didn't know what to expect and i have to say my first contact with this incredible city was the hotel....i assure you that our relationship started in the best conditions possible, the Ritz Carlton is simply fabulous, all the equipment are brand new, the service is optimum. after a long day of sight seeing, the swimming pool and the jacuzzi located at the 118th floor will offer you a delightful moment, it's like swimming in the sky, the view let me speechless.
You understood my point, just go there if you have the opportunity, you won't regret it

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

For our first 3 nights of our family holiday in Asia, we wanted a very special place to stay. I booked the Ritz Carlton through Amex Platinum's Fine Hotels and Resorts Programme. I'm also a Marriott Gold card member.

We arrived early into HK, and after a quick journey on the Airport Express train (Kowloon Station is right under the hotel), arrived at the hotel just before 8am on a Friday. Early checkin was no problem, and the promised free upgrade to a Victoria Harbour room was available. Very good so far, probably down to FHR and my gold status I suppose!

The view from the 107th floor was magnificent, as was the room. The attention to detail and finishings were excellent. Definitely a new luxury hotel. The view will not be forgotten for some time.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, and again the view. Although pricey, the FHR booking gave us two freebies per day, so we just had to pay for my daughter.

I highly recommend the pool... Probably the best indoor pool in the world, on the 118th floor. The outdoor hot tub is also fabulous to watch the planes go by.

Service was always excellent, especially at checkin.

As for negatives... The extra cost for a third person in the room, my 13 year old daughter, was extortionate. I knew about this cost at booking, but continued anyway... But it was still tough to swallow after the already high costs. The other negative is location. It is handy for Kowloon station, and there is Elements mall underneath, but it's a construction zone between the hotel and Tsim Sha Tsui and Nathan road, so you need to take a taxi (which are cheap, but tough to flag down in Kowloon for a return journey). Don't try and walk it. It is easier to return from Central in Hong Kong Island via the metro.

It was a fabulous experience, the room, pool, bars, food,... And of course the view. I definitely want to go back some day.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed one night, club level room. The room was gorgeous, comfortable and quiet. The view was amazing (110th floor, harbor view). The Club Lounge was well-appointed with a great variety of high quality food and beverages. Needless to say the service was impeccable, almost to the point of being overbearing for someone who doesn't mind hauling their own bags. The Ritz isn't for the faint of wallet, but well worth the experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business