“The Ritz Carlton”

The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
Ranked #2 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Highly recommend to everyone who want to visit Hong Kong, the best hotel ever, a little pricy but its all worth for it's great quality and service.
Very friendly staffs, hygienic rooms and romantic view

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jenny L
Write a ReviewReviews (3,344)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here for few nights, all aspects of hardware and software services are very good, especially the club lounge which is on the 116 floor, 180 degree of spectacular harbor and city view, very helpful and attentive staff. Nice!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Rosy2China
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Dont know where to start.Maybe the beginning would be best.

We live in Hong Kong and have been married for 8 years so in celebration of our anniversary we decided to treat ourselves and spend a night at the Ritz Carlton. What an unbelievable experience.

We were picked up at home by Sunny the limo driver ,right on time,a cheery smile and super friendly.

On arrival at the hotel we had the best greeting imaginable. We were shown to our room by Aven and Pepper, on the way Aven said he had a small surprise for us, well, what an understatement, we had been upgraded to the Carlton suite. What an amazing room, words just cannot describe it. I personally have never seen anything like it and for once my dear wife was speechless. You could literally see the whole of Hong Kong, it is a corner suite so you have a 270 degree view from 116 floors up, the Hong Kongs skyline is impressive anyway but this took it to another level.

After a bottle of champagne, strawberries dipped in chocolate and a personalised chocolate cake(all gifted) we decided to go up to the ozone bar (the highest bar in the world) for a drink and some Asian Tapas, another eye opener and I would highly recommended. It is open to the public so if ever in Hong Kong a must visit for good music, tasty food, ice cold beers and cocktails all served by the most friendly and attentive of staff.

What really impressed both of us was the truely amazing service by ALL of the staff at the hotel, from Aven and Pepper from the guest relations to Marine from house keeping who took care of our every need in the room with a smile. Every member of staff from the club lounge to the spa knew our name and wished us happy anniversary and every detail was thought of before we could think of it. It didn't seem to matter where we went within the hotel the service surpassed anything I have ever experienced before.

We went for dim sum lunch at Tin Lung Heen the two michelin star (which if our experience was anything to go by next year should be a 3 star)the food and service was fabulous again. Before we checked out Bonnie and Pepper met us and gave us a hand made happy wedding anniversary card, I really can't praise the staff enough. They say it is the staff that make a hotel and don't get me wrong the Ritz is a beautiful hotel, but it really was the service and the staff that made it special. I would really like to name everyone that we met and who looked after us but this review would be very long! Needless to say it was the most wonderful experience and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lottie3001
Reviewed 13 August 2014

First time stay at RC HK, usually stayed at W next door.

Choose this area due to proximity to airport express and shopping center and MTR station just down the hotel. Actually it was quite a walk from the airport express and MTR to the hotel but it was inside so was ok unless you are carrying lots of luggage.

From the moment you arrived at the hotel lobby the staff was attentive and helpful.
The check in is at floor 103, it was quick and efficient process.
Went there for family vacation with my kids and they asked for my kids passport and notice that it was my kids birthday during my stay and told me they would send up a cake to my room and sing happy birthday for my kid. I asked if it possible to have tiramisu cake since it was my kid's favourite.

Upon escorting me to the hotel lift they told me my room has been upgraded to harbour view.
The view is amazing of HK island from top floor 117, downside was the room quite far from the lift to get a good view.

The room was spacious and cot bed I requested for my baby was already in the room.
Tried the pool was ok just for a quick family dip and the water is just nice not too cold since it was indoor pool at floor 118.

On my kids birthday they came into my room with the cake i requested and 4 staff singing happy birthday to my kids. It was an unforgetable moment for my family being treated well at RC HK.

During checkout i asked if the concierge would be able to help with my luggage to the airport express since i got 6 pieces to go and taxi wont be able to fit them all. And Mr Aven come out to greet me and asked how was my stay and i asked him personally if someone could assist me and he arrange hotel limo to drive me to the airport express station.

It was a really special moment staying at RC HK, definitely the best i had in HK.
Many thanks to Mr Aven who helped my stays at RC memorable

Room Tip: Ask for harbour view room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We ended our whirlwind honeymoon in the exciting city of Hong Kong and there is only one place to stay and that is the Ritz Carlton. It's know for it's views from the Ozone Bar, which is amazing, however I couldn't get over the views from the lobby. The rooms were INCREDIBLY. Every room has a view of Hong Kong.

The staff was so helpful and kind. I really want to point out two specific staff members, Winnie and Cindy, our Guardian Angels. They surprised us with a honeymoon cake, roses, and the best of all: a homemade card congratulating us. Wow. Seriously, wow. I cried I was so taken back by their kindness. (In addition they were also very helpful in suggesting things to do, etc).

10 stars. I can't wait to celebrate our anniversaries there!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica M
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed in HK for just one night, but the weather stopped me going anywhere..... so I stayed at the club lounge most of the time and feel great to be there. People are nice, friendly and pay so much attention on details. The only thing I want to highlight is internet a bit slow at the lounge...... the rest are perfect!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Blenda L
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel is incredibly nice. Very fancy, very exclusive...almost too exclusive. The service was good, the food was alright. You are paying the views at this hotel.

It's conveniently located and attached to the fanciest mall I have ever seen. The best part is there is a train station at the bottom of the hotel. You can check your bags before boarding the train and then get to the airport and get on your plane. It was great.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad view from any room. You are really high up, just make sure you h...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo