“Great Selection and fast service”
Review of Lin Heung Kui

Lin Heung Kui
Ranked #81 of 9,957 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We went with few coworkers, and we manage to have a good lunch within 45min spending the right amount of money. I suggest to reserve at least 2 days prior. Great dim sum. I want to try for dinner. The server level of English it is not that fluent.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a traditional Dim Sum restaurant meaning you go in and find an empty seat (normally shared with strangers) and ladies wheel round trolleys of dim sum from which you can pick food.

Although, I enjoyed eating here it can be quite intimidating-especially given the lack of English spoken out written anywhere. The staff are friendly enough though and between my broken Cantonese and their broken English we understood each other enough to order food. We did end up taking a gamble on few dishes as we couldn't work out exactly what they were but that was all part of the experience.

I thought the food itself was fairly average. I enjoyed it as a one off but I won't be making this my regular place to come for dim sum.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived early at about 7.30am with high expectations. ..but what a let down. ..selections were FEW. .have to chase after the trolleys. ..and the quality is poor. .had 3 items - cheong fun, chicken feet, and some pau wrap stuff...I think my coffee shop in Singapore serves better dim sum. Disappointing. ..

1  Thank VisitUSA
Reviewed 16 November 2013

There was an advert I used to see at the cinema in my youth: a jet plane would take off to the voice "you don't have to travel to India to taste the real authentic flavour of Indian cooking...", and then the scene (and sounds) would cut to the address of the local curry house, accompanied by the sniggers of those who knew better. Whilst I have eaten some good curries in the UK, I have eaten much betterin India, and I remembered this advert when visiting the Lin Heung Kui Dim Sum restaurant near to the Ibis in HK Central.
I have eaten Dim Sum in various recommended places from China Towns in New York to London, and lots of places in between. But here is somewhere really special.
I went in for breakfast, around 9, having been warned that the range might not be huge that time in the morning. The place was packed and I joined a number of locals in a table of 8. Functional, rather than pristine, would be how it looks, but if the locals approve, who cares? Smiling, pointing, nodding and shaking is the order of the day as the carts are wheeled around with various things being called out. Leaf-wrapped glutinous rice was pungent, and a number of dumpling dishes were gorgeous. A couple of meat options (we shared the lift to the second floor with a couple of buckets of ducks) were unusual in texture but amazing in taste. And a few other dishes were stunning but I have no idea what they were. All washed down with plenty of chinese tea and huge amounts of animated, noisy chatter. I only wish I was more hungry - it was breakfast, after all.
I think everyone should eat something in their lives where, even after finishing it, they have no idea what they have eaten. And if that is the case, you would be hard pushed to better this place.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Ok.. this is how i feel.. been to this restaurant twice (the last time over last weekend). Variety of tim sum is interesting as they serve quite a few traditional tim sum thats not easily found in other restaurants. Tim sum comes in push carts…. and yes..u have to rush (no queueing).. to GRAB your order! Oh.. and before that.. don't wait for the waiter to sit you.. it's almost always very crowded and u just go to where to waiter point u to (likely to join others at the same table).

As for the taste… there are better elsewhere..

To get to this restaurant.. take a MTR (HK line) and alight at Central.. take a 15 stroll to wellington street (and by the way… lots of eating places along this street..).

Go there for the Experience.