“Nice but Small Space”
Review of M1 Hotel

M1 Hotel
Ranked #307 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Rooms were nice but really small, it is for 2 adults only + 1 kid. But i think it was alright since we were only there to sleep. Location is an advantage because it is near the MTR near the temple street, jade market etc. The reception was not good in English.

Room Tip: Higher Rooms are more quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank arlene516

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have been travelled to HK many times.
This time was a sudden trip due to my mileage will be expire within this month.
I redeemed for the ticket.

It was my first time for this hotel with a last minute deal which I can’t have it refunded.
And it was quite a pressure for me I had less than 20 hours before my flight.
But anyway, I did booked it because the hotel I used to stay were fully booked.
The ticket was just ready 2 hours before the hotel booking.

Many of M1 Hotel reviews, almost all, said “The room is very small.” “The bed is very small.”

- Beyond imagination, the hotel provide no drinking water in room for their guests.
I wasn’t sure until I called the reception next day and was informed that drinking water is not for standard room. I think it’s time for M1 to consider that drinking water is a must to have in any room. Their guests are human, thirst of water is more suffer than hunger of food.

And furthermore,
- There is no toilet rinsing spray and no dry area when you already had your bath.

I, as a traveller. I never expect much of where the place I am going to stay.
When I checked in, I lacked of sleep for over 24 hours, went to bed around 3 a.m.
and found out that the fire alarm rang at 9 a.m.
I called to see if there is something wrong, they said it was written at the reception desk
that they are having the fire alarm testing on all that day. In 10 minutes, they sent us a paper telling about the fire alarm testing thru the door. I considered this matter as a joke that the booking agency will never tell you or they will never know.

On the 2nd and the 3rd morning of my trip, I don't need the wake up call at all.
The housekeeper made it at 9 a.m. sharp right yelling on the door way.
The room next to you took control of your air con, which I have no idea what is the wall are made from. I also considered them as another joke, too. (Hahahahahahha)

I don’t know why I do not want to visit their coffee lounge on their 1st floor.
I never even stop by just to see how it look like. (The Lobby is at G floor.)

The staff are quite good if compare with the hotel itself.
They are not English native speaker, but for me, they are will to help you anyway.

And don't say the location is good, lucky the Hong Kong City have a very good transportation, the MTR cover almost all the area.

I used to get much, much better room and spaces at the same price on adequate location.
Three nights at this hotel is Whooooa !!!

Room Tip: I don't think they have good management policy, that's why the hotel room come out like that...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SamParami
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel about 2 years ago. At the time it was being renovated on the outside. The hotel was great with all good ammenities, even though the room was small it was ample. It included a nice breakfast and free wifi. The location was perfect, near the MTR and plently of buses just around the corner. Temple street night markets was close as was MongKok a large shopping complex. We also walked to Harbour City. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jubeesydney
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I love the food.
I love the location, eventho there are lots of coffin maker beside it, it didnt bothered me anw.
I felt comfortable, i didnt care if it's small. Id like to stay there again

I moved hotel like, everyday in Hk. But on the last day i moved here again, bcause i think this place is the greatest place to stay. MONEY DONT LIE, DUDE! Cheap, comfortable!

Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Anastasia T
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Like your favorite "fun" sized candybar, m1 hotel is small (literally we still have bruises from constantly bumping into corners)but packed with a lot of hotel goodness...the size may not be ample, but this is expected from hk hotels. Amenities are more than just bare necessities... The free in-room wifi is a great help for vacationers looking to get in touch with home. There's daily complementary tea and bottled water, and the toiletries provided are more than enough.

What's preventing me from giving more than 3 stars, however, is that there was a day wherein the tea mug was not cleaned and was just left by the cleaning lady for 2 days. Further, some of the hotel towels were worn out and needed replacing. Though it was clean and did the job, the large gaping holes in them may be a clear indication that it may be due to be thrown out. In one of our rooms, the wifi signal was dismal. Might be a good idea to explicitly tell travelers that despite pAying for their rooms early on, they still need to bring a deposit of hkd1500 per room. It's a little steep if you're traveling on a budget.

Have to mention that the hotel is in between 2 coffin shops. But I didn't find them creepy at all.

The location was the best part. The mtr and bus stop is just a hop skip and a jump away. And you can forego taking a taxi from the airport express by just taking the airport express free shuttle service to the nearby cityview hotel. It's a 2 min walk from there.

All in all a tight but (relatively) comfortable stay in m1 hotel. Would recommend for budget travelers or If you're traveling with friends. For a romantic getaway, or if you're traveling with children, might be best to look into other hotels.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Great location. Take MTR to Yau Ma Tei station, exit B1, cross the road and walk 2 minutes to the hotel.

Staff are friendly and quick to check in. Check in time is 2pm so they will keep your luggage if room is not ready.

Room is tiny- I had the standard room with double bed. Small double bed (don't expect queen size). Limited space in room but there is a space at the window to put your stuff. No wardrobe but there is a "tree" shaped hanger to hang your clothes - a little crowded with 8 pieces of clothes and towels. 3 in 1 shampoo & soap provided with towels. Small bathroom with no separation so entire toilet gets wet when you shower. Cup, boiler, mini-fridge with 2 complimentary bottled water are provided. Boxed tissue provided on 1st day but was not replenished on subsequent days. One travel adaptor in room so it was useful.

Limited channels on television and the television is far too close to the bed due to its size.

Overall, clean room with great location. Only concern is the room size.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lola81Singapore
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights during my first time in Hong Kong and I should say that this hotel's location is quite convenient! With Yau Ma Tei MTR station within 3 minutes of walk away and many shops nearby. AND each room is provided with a phone with google map that you can take it along when you are doing your sightseeing around the city which I found it very very useful especially for first-timers around the city. I depended on it to navigate around the city to look for eateries or shops.

I had a double bed room for myself (got mixed up when I book the room). The room is quite small, again maybe this is the standard for most hotels here i am not sure but there is a place by the window that you could place your luggage and other things. The washroom/shower room is surrounded with frosted glass so if you are traveling with friends, he or she may have to hand around elsewhere for a while while you shower. But with the curtain, there is still some privacy though you have to cramp and navigate around the bathroom. And the shower area is only separated by a curtain from the toilet so it can get quite wet when you shower but I found that the floor will be dry by the next day so I wouldnt fuss too much about it.

Another thing is that a few shops to the left and right, there are 2 shops selling coffins. No! no! I am not deterring you from staying here. I didn't have a problem staying there for the 4 nights, in fact I felt comfortable despite knowing about the shops and I'm a chinese from malaysia! So for those of you who are planning to visit Hong Kong and wanted a place to stay, don't worry about the coffin shops, they are just like any other shops.

Another thing is that some of the taxi drivers don't seems to know about this hotel, 2-3 taxi drivers refused to give me a lift when I asked them to bring me to this hotel so it's kind of weird. Thankfully the next taxi driver is kind enough to bring me there although he is as clueless as me as to where the hotel was and had to make a call to the hotel to ask for their direction after failing to locate it with the address of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo