Hotel ICON
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$186
US$196
US$142
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$165
US$124
US$182
US$141
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$270
US$230
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$79
Hotel Direct
6,551 results
All reviewsfree mini barvertical gardentimeless loungeclub suitepolytechnic universitym msfree international callsharbour viewtraining hoteltop flooramazing hotelshuttle busfree smartphonepool and gymmobile phoneour honeymoonnespresso machine
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We recently stay at the hotel Icon and were very excited. The reviews were fantastic. We booked SEVERAL months in advance and requested a baby bed for our 18 month old. When we checked in there was no baby bed. After we requested it be put in the room THREE TIMES they told us that they had no spare bed as they were fully booked. After my husband insisted and my daughter got increasingly more tired and cranky they finally brought in a dreadful broken bed. By then it was two hours past her afternoon sleep and the bed was at least 20 years old and collapsed at one end. It was dirty and not fit for a dog. By this point we were sick of complaining and just coped. They did not offer any apology or anything to make it up to us. From here on things just got worse. Our bar fridge was broken and when I told the concierge her response was that I could keep my babies milk in the kitchen fridge of the restaurant. Anyone with kids knows that they need milk regularly and we couldn't be traipsing to the restaurant at 3am for the milk. Finally they brought a new fridge. BUT THEN we decided to shower and discovered the shower blocked up and flooded the bathroom.

This hotel is really more about looking good rather than functioning well and supporting its guests. We would not stay here again and would caution anyone with children from attempting it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank MelbourneGecko3
HotelICON, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear MelbourneGecko,

Thank you for your valuable time to sharing your experience at Hotel ICON.
Please accept our sincere apologies with regards to the experience you encountered while staying with us. We understand your frustration. Hopefully you can see from the positive reviews of other guest comments on Hotel ICON, this is not the standard we have.

Please accept my heartfelt apology and rest assured that we have taken your advice very seriously and will look into the matters in depth to strive for improvement.

Thank you again for your advice and I hope we can have one more chance to serve you. Please feel free to contact me directly via shanna.lee@hotel-icon.com.

Shanna Lee
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Amazing ambience, Super location. Rooms are nicely designed - modern styling. The shuttle bus was very convenient and takes you around key locations in kowloon. The pool had amazing views of the skyline, sitting right on top of the world. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. We stayed for 3 nights and will for sure stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Shiv_traveler
HotelICON, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Shiv_traveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel ICON with us. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I’m pleased that the relaxing pool created such a favourable impression.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel ICON again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Janet
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Hotel ICON exceeded our expectations. We visited in mid July 2012 and were pleased with the location, service, and amenities. The staff was helpful and friendly. The Mass Transit Railway was close by and the free shuttle to Harbour Mall and Star Ferry made getting around easy. The pool was cool and clean, and we enjoyed a refreshing dip each afternoon after several hot hours of touring. We loved the Harbour view! Our room was more than adequate: it was well maintained, clean and quite modern.

We didn't use the spa facilities or eat at the restaurant, so we're unable to comment on those services.

We thought we received great value for our hotel dollars and would highly recommend Hotel ICON to other visitors.

Room Tip: Excellent view from the 19th floor; very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel is magnificent, staff are very pleasant, always polite and extremely helpful. The room was very modern and stylish, the food in THE GREEN restaurant was superb. We would not hesitate to recomend this hotel to triends.

Room Tip: Wonderful view from higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I am a die-hard HK island dweller when visiting HK.
This Kowloon-side hotel was chosen due to a combination of some meetings, traveling with a colleague with other requirements and an online offer.
Initially I found the design nice but not astounding... but warmed to the place due to some peculiarities that suggest a traveller has designed the services & spaces.
- Rooms: full window outlook toward harbour over tunnel entrance (I had a club room - 27th flr). I Love light and this room was perfect on that front. Bed comfy. Bathroom great - though dark. (Downside for me was the terrible hairdryer - NO-ONE gets this right!)
Minibar (free beer & softdrinks +nibbles) & coffee machine great for days where I was rushed.
- Above & Beyond gave access to happy-hour cocktails - the space perfect blend of stylish& modern, yet homely/unpretentious & welcoming. Great seating with benches as well. View - perfect. Satff - outstanding! really professional yet friendly & engaged. Antipasto buffet was great.
- The Market: restaurant on 2nd Floor where breakfast was offered - really clever layout that doesn't have that normal caffeteria-style din associated with busy hotel breakfast spaces. Food fab and again staff I encountered great. Enjoyed the style f the place and felt far less "churn-out egss for the masses" and more modern-cafe style.
- Angsana Spa: Here i had one of the best massages I have had for many years (Nana) - and I have a few! Downside for me was the 10pm close - in a hotel like this in a hub like HK it would be great to be able to have one later (say up to midnight) after meetings/dinner etc. That aside, worthwhile and not silly$.

Generally, the reception staff were really helpful & pleasant; Door/Concierge also great.
Downsides were the nit-picks mentioned above and for me, the locale. I like to step out the door an wander - not to keen on things here - however the hotel does offer a quick & reliable shuttle to TST station - so very easy to utilise the oyster card and get around.

Would like to stay again to get to the other features of the place (many) that I just ran out of time to utilise.
Hope the standard of staff keeps up as this for me is one of the bigger drawcards - getting staff that engage and really listen (especially when you are on a long or tiring trip) is a bonus.
Thanks to all on this trip :-)

Room Tip: From what I can tell speaking to others, worth the extra for a club-room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business