“Very hi-tech”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel looked magnificent, however for me failed to be comfortable. On arrival I was taken to a waiting room/relaxation area and asked to wait until the room was ready. After an hour, I went to ask if the room was ready and was told it would be another 20 minutes. I returned to the waiting area where I was told this area was only for guests awaiting admittance to their rooms. I explained this was what I was doing, but again had to go and ask about room availability after a further hour of waiting. The room itself was well equipped, particularly for those visiting on business, with good supply of stationery and a printer. With the exception of the Market restaurant staff, I did not feel the staff were particularly efficient or friendly. The prices in the bar were vastly above other local venues, and again service was slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 842Anne
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear 842Anne,
I sincerely apologise that your overall experience was marred by the incidents you described. The team is very passionate about their work, every day they put a lot of energy and care into delivering exceptional service experiences and every guest is treated the same way. I realise that your feedback does not reflect what I have just said, but I know that the issues you referred to are not the norm and I hope you will return to enjoy what many other reviewers and guests have experienced.
If you would like to contact me direct I would be very pleased to hear from you and my e-mail is general.manager@hotel-iocn.com.
Richard Hatter

Write a ReviewReviews (6,127)

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here as a two day stop over on the way to New Zealand. We fell in love with the hotel, Hong Kong and Kowloon.

The room we had had a harbour view and was excellent, but what makes this place so great and different to others is the quality of the staff and the service: it is absolutely top notch but without being stuffy.

The top floor bar and restaurant is a must: we sat at the bar sipping on the best dry Martinis we had ever had, overlooking the lights of the harbour. This was followed by a truly superb meal, with again excellent service.

We stayed for one night on our return journey to the UK and as we were "returning customers" we got their full breakfast free. This breakfast is just unbelievable with anything you could want from Chinese dishes to a continental breakfast and everything in between.

If you want the best views of Hong Kong Island, particularly at night, stay in Kowloon at this hotel which is close to the walkway/promenade that runs along the harbour.

We will be returning to New Zealand and will without doubt be stopping over again at the Hotel Icon.

Room Tip: Get a Harbour view 38 room - its not the most expensive, but it is spacious, comfortable and has ama...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Parks190k,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel ICON.
We were thrilled to welcome you as our guest. It was such a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our team during your 2 dyas here. We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest. Your kind words let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the travelling community.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future, please feel free to contact me directly for future booking, so that I may personally assist with accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Hotel ICON is one of the best hotels that we have stayed in!!! Everything was fantastic, from booking to check-in to every minute of every day that we stayed there!! We booked a Club Suite 65 and what a beautiful suite it was...we requested a roll-away (which was complimentary) for our child and it fit very easily within the generous space. The suite was spacious, extremely modern and had a gorgeous view of the harbour. Having booked a club suite automatically meant we were part of the Above and Beyond Club....and this meant a huge list of complimentary privileges and services....COMPLIMENTARY breakfast (best buffet breakfast!!) / wifi / mini bar / computer access / afternoon tea / evening cocktails & hors d'oeuvre / late check-out....the only problem was that we couldn't take advantage of the huge list of complimetary services on offer...too little time and too much to do in such a wonderful city!! Also included was $100 credit per day for dry cleaning or laundry. AND the nespresso machine in our room was the best!!

The staff were amazing - a special thank you to Cody Yuen, concierge and Michael from the pool bar. The service from these guys was great!!

There is complimentary shuttle bus to take you into Tsim Sha Tsui every 20 minutes. (drive took about 10 minutes)

Our room was cleaned beautifully everyday and no request was too difficult.

The pool is beautiful and fabulous to cool down in after a busy day in Hong Kong.

We had family holidaying with us in Hong Kong but staying at another hotel in Kowloon...however, when they saw where we were staying, they checked out of their hotel and joined us at Hotel ICON. Their room was a Club 80 suite and it really was gorgeous!!!

The only suggestion that I would make is to include on-demand movies. This was the only thing that I think was missing from such a great hotel.

Room Tip: Book a room with a harbour view...breathtaking!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rina D

Dear Rina D,
You cannot imagine how much your comments mean to us. It is so encouraging to read when our guests have a memorable experience but we will not sit still - we will constantly try to improve upon what we do.
Please feel free to get in touch with me directly if you visit Hong Kong next time.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Just spent three nights here having spent a month in Australia and travelled the world previously. Nothing compares to the service here - exceptional doesn't come close, we haven't experienced service like this anywhere before. From the moment our car pulled up to the hotel the friendliness and professionalism of the staff has been exemplary. We are already planning to book Hotel Icon for our next trip to Hong Kong. Top tip: club room / suite was worth it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear KH_57-13,
Thanks for your exceptional review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON and I am glad to know that you liked ICON. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it’s good to see that you have enjoyed our ICON hospitality.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We couldn't be happier with our stay in Hotel Icon. The staff are friendly and helpful. From the moment we have checked in for 2 nights, the hotel has met every of our expectations. Had a most wonderful time at the hotel. Buffet breakfast was great, we had lunch at the ground floor restaurant and it was scrumptious and service was fantastic. Even better at the Chinese restaurant on the top floor, the service was impleccable. We were totally wowed by the service in this hotel. The rate was quite high compared to other hotels but we think its worth it. There is a shuttle bus that will take you to the MTR.

The room is clean and spacious, so is the bathroom. The bath even has a TV at the end of it. We had the harbour view room on one of the top floors and it did not disappoint.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Madaboutleo,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I’m glad that all in all you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your fantastic feedback regarding your experience at our F&B outlets; I will certainly pass this on to the team.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Hotel Icon provided us with the "Zen" of comfort, service and surroundings while in the frenetic pace of Hong Kong. The staff went above and beyond with service. We especially enjoyed the "Market" restaurant for breakfast and the lobby bar for drinks. The location was not convenient to the subway MTR or other sites in Kowloon, but their shuttle was always available to drop or pick you up at two sites in "TST" area. Please extend the schedule until 11 pm as we needed later availability after dinner.
This hotel is deserving of its rating! We wish they would clone it for Hong Kong Island.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear jetgirltx,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.
The team and I thank you so much for your compliments. We have also taken careful note of your comment and reassure you that it be addressed to the management team.
Please feel free to get in touch with me personally next time you visit Hong Kong.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

As a solo traveller I really felt like arriving at home here after staying at a number of different hotels in Hong Kong. The building is amazing, state of the art infrastructure, all facilities and amenities you can ask for. There is so much attention to detail, everything feels clean, friendly, comfortable, just right. The service feels personal, it is very casual, polite and welcoming. I had great conversations with a few staff members and it felt like having found new friends, one was so nice to give me a free beer at the pool. It felt special, even though most drinks are free here anyway - I love complimentary mini-bars :)
Only downside is that it is a little far away from all the hustle and bustle of the city center, however there is a lot of see around here too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank altheg

Dear altheg,
Thanks for your post and positive feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased that you choose to make us your home away from home, and that our team are able to meet your expectations.
My team and I do look forward to seeing you again next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.
With all good wishes,