“Great Experience!!!”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My mother and I stayed at the hotel icon for 3 nights and it was fantastic. First off, from the second you walk in the service was top notch. From the courteous concierge to the polite bell boy, everything made us feel like we were very special guests. The breakfast buffet was great because it had a little bit of everything I could imagine, western or eastern. Furthermore, the location is prime. It's just a 5 minute walk from the MTR hung hom station, so you can really get anywhere easily, and the view was great. We stayed in a 36 King room I believe. The room was very clean, the bed was soft and the bathroom was really luxurious. My favorite part was the rooftop pool on floor 9 though. A little windy on some days but its heated and has a poolside bar for some refreshments. We had a "stay 2 nights get one free" deal so it was overall less than $100 USD a night. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Camille M
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Camille M,
Thank you very much for your incredibly detailed and wonderful review, really appreciated. The team is very passionate about their work, every day they put a lot of energy and care into delivering exceptional service experiences.
So happy we exceeded your expectations in every way and look forward to welcoming you and your family next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me to make a booking.
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Write a ReviewReviews (6,320)

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Often a risk to go groovy when middle-aged..This hotel is smart,friendly,relaxing.it's central for the area.

A harbour view and a great room set us up for a good stay.The room has all mod cons and more,free minibar and all what you'd expect.No turn down though and this would have been nice.

The pool is the gem here,with a nice outdoor area and Loungers,perfect for a rest,with a friendly staff handing out bottles of water.

Buffet Breakfast really splendid.

I will definitely return with my family,it is a perfect place to bring a few teens.

I am not sure I would upgrade to the club lounge, though nice it's just an area within the normal bar.

Room Tip: Choose Harbour 38 over 36 then your bed faces the Harbour.

Dear sarah s,
Thank you so much for giving us such candid feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, our staff really appreciate your kind comments.
We hope we see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

When i arrived at the hotel i felt that the service wasn't up to par, the staff had difficulty with the English language, and although i had booked a club room, i wasn't offered the concierge service. The fitness area had an open wall into a bar area with revolving doors to the outdoor, the result was that the fitness room was much warmer than one would normally expect from a gym. However, after I brought the issues to the mgmt;s attention, i felt their response was more that adequate, they offered an upgraded room and were very keen to ensure the rest of my stay was comfortable. The hotel is very much a training hotel to Hospitality and Tourism students, however, everyone tries to go out of their way to provide good service. I also found the shuttle to the main shops was very convenient. I would recommend this hotel if your looking for value for money. The rooms were extremely clean. The buffet breakfest is excellent, however, the club lounge has much to be desired in terms of comfort. There is an adjacent restaurant to the club lounge which results in people walking thru the lounge area, didn't make for a cozy atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane M

Dear Diane M,
I am glad to read that all in all you had an excellent stay and your particular praise about the service is gratefully received.
I have taken careful note of your comment and reassure you that it will be addressed in the management meeting.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We truly enjoy our stay at this new hotel. It is modern, specially designed by famous architect, fashion designer, etc. We like the unique shape of the bathroom, especially the fish-shaped shower area, with wooden sliding door. The front desk is very helpful. The Cafe Green serves good food and nice view, too. The free shuttle bus to downtown is very convenient and frequent. We love it all so much that we extend our stay for 2 more days! Raymond is very friendly to offer help when we try to figure out how to extend our stay there.
The only fault we can find with the hotel is the mattress, which is a bit on the firm side. After adding 2 quilts on top of it, we feel much more comfortable.
We recommend this hotel to anyone who can appreciate beauty and luxury.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear madprofessor,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. All of the team here at Hotel ICON take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, it is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments. Raymond at the Club Floor in particular was thrilled you remembered him.
I have also taken careful note of your comment and reassure you that it will be addressed.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay. Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the first leg of our honeymoon. When we arrived we were greeted by the lovely Suki who escorted us to our room. She told us that they had upgraded us to a suite, it was fantastic! They even left us a card and bottle of wine which was great. We had drinks each night in the Above and Beyond lounge and enjoyed the yummy snacks and cheeses at cocktail hour. Breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I have ever had, there was a vast selection of food ranging from dim sum to omelettes to fresh tropical fruit. The shuttle bus was very convenient as it dropped us a short distance from the star ferry or at the peninsula hotel. I have stayed in many hotels in hong kong and this was by far the best.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing!

Dear Emily B,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for such a special occasion. We appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review and share your experience with the online travel community. We were delighted that you found our Above & Beyond Club Lounge to be so excellent and our team to be to the high standard you expect, Suki in particular.
It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest.
I am looking forward to welcoming you & your husband back very soon, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I've stayed at Hotel Icon on a couple of occasions. It is a great hotel, modern, high spec rooms and decent options for breakfast.
I think the hotel is relatively good value for money in comparison to other similar hotels in HK.
For me, the main reason I wouldn't stay in this hotel each time I visit HK is the location. I don't find it the most convenient, however I think this would really depend on what you are planning to do when you are in HK. If you are happy with a hotel on Kowloon side then this is a great option.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Calum M
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Calum M,
Thanks for reviewing ICON.
Much appreciated, do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.
With best wishes,

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed in the Icon 36 city view rooms for about 5 days on two separate occasions... loved every minute. The decor is modern with nice finishing (especially the bathroom which was spacious, had interesting tiling, even a separate tv for the tub). The minibar was complimentary and restocked daily. The gym is large with new equipment. Nice pool (which has a good view of the skyline and you can check out the 8pm light show from here). Staff was efficient and attentive. Have recommended this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear jubbers604,
Thanks for your post and positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you have an amazing stay at ICON.
We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.
Kind regards,