Hotel ICON
US$150
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
US$253
US$238
Shangri-La.com
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$175
US$148
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$258
US$230
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$108
Hotel Direct
US$561
Mandarin Oriental
6,553 results
All reviewsfree mini barvertical gardentimeless loungeclub suitepolytechnic universitym msfree international callsharbour viewtraining hoteltop flooramazing hotelshuttle busfree smartphonepool and gymmobile phoneour honeymoonnespresso machine
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The design throughout the hotel is so pleasing, starting from the lobby with vertical garden, and to the rooms, the pool, and the club floor. The staff was very attentive, and the amenities in the room plentiful. I never considered staying further away from the TST promenade, but it turned out to be quite a good difference - the area around hotel is definitely easier to walk through than Nathan rd, and plenty of places to eat as well.
Well, this hotel is currently ranked #2 in HK, and for a reason. I just wish my stay was longer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear no_nonsense_12,
Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review following your stay, we appreciate you taking the time. We were delighted that you found our location to be so excellent and our team to be to the high standard you expect. It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Really enjoyed modern facilities and spacious rooms in this hotel. We had Club level room with Above and Beyond package including breakfast that you could have either on the second floor Market buffet or on 28th floor Above&Beyond restaurant. The latter was more formal but definately quieter with excellent harbour views!
Hotel location is not that central but hotel transportation (every 20minutes) more than made up for it.
Late check out and free use of Timeless-lounge, with possibility to shower and change, on check out day was definately a extra plus on this hotel.
Would definately go back to this one!

Room Tip: We had room with city view, did not bother to pay extra for harbour view since won't be spending that much time in the room anyway
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kmjfin,
I am extremely pleased to read that you were satisfied with your choice of hotel for your Hong Kong stay and that we at Hotel ICON provided excellent services and facilities. Our Management and staff appreciate your compliments and pleased that they were able to assure you this was an excellent choice of hotel to add to a memorable visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Hong Kong.
Do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My mother and I stayed at the hotel icon for 3 nights and it was fantastic. First off, from the second you walk in the service was top notch. From the courteous concierge to the polite bell boy, everything made us feel like we were very special guests. The breakfast buffet was great because it had a little bit of everything I could imagine, western or eastern. Furthermore, the location is prime. It's just a 5 minute walk from the MTR hung hom station, so you can really get anywhere easily, and the view was great. We stayed in a 36 King room I believe. The room was very clean, the bed was soft and the bathroom was really luxurious. My favorite part was the rooftop pool on floor 9 though. A little windy on some days but its heated and has a poolside bar for some refreshments. We had a "stay 2 nights get one free" deal so it was overall less than $100 USD a night. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Camille M

Dear Camille M,
Thank you very much for your incredibly detailed and wonderful review, really appreciated. The team is very passionate about their work, every day they put a lot of energy and care into delivering exceptional service experiences.
So happy we exceeded your expectations in every way and look forward to welcoming you and your family next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me to make a booking.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Often a risk to go groovy when middle-aged..This hotel is smart,friendly,relaxing.it's central for the area.

A harbour view and a great room set us up for a good stay.The room has all mod cons and more,free minibar and all what you'd expect.No turn down though and this would have been nice.

The pool is the gem here,with a nice outdoor area and Loungers,perfect for a rest,with a friendly staff handing out bottles of water.

Buffet Breakfast really splendid.

I will definitely return with my family,it is a perfect place to bring a few teens.

I am not sure I would upgrade to the club lounge, though nice it's just an area within the normal bar.

Room Tip: Choose Harbour 38 over 36 then your bed faces the Harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear sarah s,
Thank you so much for giving us such candid feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, our staff really appreciate your kind comments.
We hope we see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

When i arrived at the hotel i felt that the service wasn't up to par, the staff had difficulty with the English language, and although i had booked a club room, i wasn't offered the concierge service. The fitness area had an open wall into a bar area with revolving doors to the outdoor, the result was that the fitness room was much warmer than one would normally expect from a gym. However, after I brought the issues to the mgmt;s attention, i felt their response was more that adequate, they offered an upgraded room and were very keen to ensure the rest of my stay was comfortable. The hotel is very much a training hotel to Hospitality and Tourism students, however, everyone tries to go out of their way to provide good service. I also found the shuttle to the main shops was very convenient. I would recommend this hotel if your looking for value for money. The rooms were extremely clean. The buffet breakfest is excellent, however, the club lounge has much to be desired in terms of comfort. There is an adjacent restaurant to the club lounge which results in people walking thru the lounge area, didn't make for a cozy atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane M

Dear Diane M,
I am glad to read that all in all you had an excellent stay and your particular praise about the service is gratefully received.
I have taken careful note of your comment and reassure you that it will be addressed in the management meeting.