“Excellent hotel, staff and service”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Have stayed with Hotel Icon twice now - on the way to Europe and on the way back from Europe. Each time for 1 night only, but the first experience was so great we rebooked for the way back before we checked out.
Fantastic hotel, staff and service. I was a little concerned about location as originally wanted to be on Hong Kong island, but with seriously regular shuttle services (i.e. very 12 minutes) everything was in very easy reach.
One of the best breakfasts ever, oh so comfortable beds and rain showers that are so relaxing!
The service is outstanding!
The Hotel Icon will be my go to in Hong Kong and can unreservedly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 15th floor and on the 27th floor - each as good as the other. Great views over...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SMH1072
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear SMH1072,
Thanks for your review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON.
I am glad to know that you liked our location. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it's good to see that you have enjoyed our Iconic Hospitality.
Please email me directly for your next visit and I will make sure you are getting the best available rate for the best available room.
We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights ..from stepping into the hotel to check in and checking out after 2 nights' stay... all staff has been wonderful in terms of service (with a smile) cheerfulness and very helpful...reception was very efficient and checking in was of minimum fuss.. had an upgrade to full harbour view room which was excellent.. the room was very clean, king size bed was very comfortable... .. excellent buffet breakfast .. dinner was great too... Yes.. will be back soon..

Room Tip: ask for harbour view room and higher floor... north/west facing will be good..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear JYAustralia,
I am extremely pleased to read that you were satisfied with your choice of hotel for your Hong Kong stay and that we at Hotel ICON provided excellent services and facilities. Our Management and Staff appreciate your compliments and pleased that they were able to assure you this was an excellent choice of hotel to add to a memorable visit.
Please do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Ok so here are the reasons this hotel has me eager to write a review before I've even checked out (I'm staying on the 25th floor in a Club 36 King room with city view):

- My reception experience was flawless. A girl named Kimmy came and looked after me as soon as I wandered in the door, took me up to the club lounge check in, got me a drink and showed me my room. She was incredibly sweet, smiled the entire time, it was exactly the type of disarming, pleasant experience that you want when to arrive at a new destination - put me in a great mood from the start

- The appearance of the hotel from the inside is immaculate - the photos on tripadvisor don't really do it justice. Beautifully designed, engineered and executed - they've thought of everything.

- The room is stunning, and I'm not easily impressed. Again, they've thought of everything. Better toiletries bag than every business class airline I've flown, generous bathroom with bath, great strong/hot shower (a great feeling after being in Europe for a few days), free minibar PLUS free snack bar, free nespresso, turn down service with ice, Bose iPod dock

- The room comes with an excellent array of guides and recommendations, the hotel has its own beautifully-published guide book. Plus Kimmy gave me plenty of tips at reception - again, they've just thought of everything.

- The evening cocktails are served in a room overlooking the stunning harbour, cocktails are amazing, and all free of course to those staying with club access

I caught a cab here from the airport for HKD220, the area seems great (I'm a first-timer to HK, so I'm probably not the best reviewer of 'where to stay') with loads of big shopping malls and heaps of local street food, which I love.

After seeing the view from the evening cocktails I probably should have taken a harbour view room, but other than that my experience has been flawless. With the pool/steam room/spa etc. this is the kind of beautiful hotel that you can spend plenty of time in if you're not in a desperate need to go out and explore, which suites my needs.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: The club rooms offer great benefits, and I would suggest a harbour view room if you want to watch th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Scott069

Dear Scott069,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay with us. All of the team here at Hotel ICON take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, it is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments. Kimmy at Guest Relations in particular was thrilled you remembered her.
Do contact me directly next time and I will make sure you get a special discount on a great room.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay.
Wth warm regards,
general.manager@hotel-iconi.com

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our first visit to Hong Kong and we couldn't of stayed in a better Hotel. Being a travel agent I have stayed in many hotels all over the world I can honestly say I would stay here again.
It was our anniversary while there we had a bottle of wine and a card from the staff sent to our room. The service from all the Staff was excellent and very knowledgeable.
Well done Hotel Icon

Room Tip: Harbour view room if this your first time in Hong Kong.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 144Denise26,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for such a special occasion. From all of us here we hope you both had a wonderful anniversary.
It was lovely to read that you thought so highly of our team. Our entire team, in fact, is passionate about enhancing your experience in any way that we can. So we would all like to thank you for your kind words.
Lastly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to ICON, do drop me a note directly and I can make sure you get a great room at a great rate.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was my second visit to Hong Kong and both times I chose to stay at the Hotel Icon. This hotel has so much to offer with its location, friendly staff, wonderful rooms and great facilities its 5 star accommodation I can't find any faults with it I will certainly be going back again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear william a,
Thanks for your exceptional review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON and I am glad to know that you liked ICON. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it's good to see that you have enjoyed our ICON Hospitality.
Do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My girl friend and I stayed here on a layover between the West Coast and Hanoi where our tour was to start. We wanted to break the trip up with a few days in Hong Kong in a really nice hotel to help us get over jet lag comfortably. Reading the reviews of Hotel Icon on TA helped us to choose this hotel and to splurge and get a room with a view of the Harbor. I wrote to the hotel ahead of time because I couldn't see how to get a room with a view on the club floor with two separate beds when I went to their website. The concierge responded and helped with the proper reservation. Since we were also celebrating a milestone birthday, we made reservations at the Above and Beyond restaurant for our second night there. Everything went very smoothly. The cab ride from the airport was a breeze and a light dinner at Above and Beyond was possible without a reservation and they were understanding that we didn't want a full dinner since we were exhausted and just needed to go to sleep! The breakfast was wonderful and it was so nice to have complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres before our full dinner the next evening. Since we had walked all over Hong Kong that day, it was really nice to stay in for dinner and overlook the fabulous night sklyline. The food was excellent. We opted for the fish themed fixed price menu. However, we really wanted to try something made with bird nests, so they added that dish for us as part of the menu.

Our room was wonderful and the view did not disappoint. Everything was really, really nice. They even left an unbelievable piece of cake and a card for my birthday!

Everyone was very nice and helpful and we would definitely stay there again. The lobby does tend to get crowded with people all meeting tour guides at the same time in the AM, so be prepared for that. The location is good because it's a bit out of the hectic area of Nathan Road so it's quiet yet still easy to walk to.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JM144

Dear JM144,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for such a special occasion.
It was lovely to read that you thought so highly of our team. Your praise of the food and services in Above and Beyond mean a lot to us. Our entire team, in fact, is passionate about enhancing your experience in any way that we can. So we would all like to thank you for your kind words.
Next time you visit, please email me directly and I will see if we can provide you with a great room at a special price.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your girl friend back.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Very happy with quality and location of this hotel.We stayed in a harbour view 36 room on the 12th floor which had a reasonable view of the harbour but unfortunately this view also includes a number of less than attractive roof tops and the view across the harbour including the rest of Hong Kong was reduced considerably due to an extreme amount of air pollution (which were were told is mainly generated from China). The hotel lifts are very modern and require your room security key card to allow you to select accommodation levels. The staff are all great,we used two of the three restaurants within the hotel and the food and beverage were very good and well priced. The hotel is fragrant and continually smells nice. The hotel appears to be a fair way out when you look at the map but I was surprised to find it was only about 10 mins walk to Tsim Sha Tsui East MTR station and 15-20 mins walk to Nathan rd. The flat-screen TV has many and varied channels and has been specially programmed for Icon with extra channels which even includes a channel that you can view your current hotel charges and expenditure which is very handy. The front desk staff are very efficient which made the check in and check out experience seamless. I would highly recommend this hotel to travellers and would definitely stay there again if returning to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NIG55

Dear NIG55,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Hotel ICON with the online travelling community. We were pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality, we really appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel, your comments serve as a real motivator and confirmation that we are reaching our aims.
We hope that you will think of us on your next visit to Hong Kong, please feel free to contact me personally to book your room.