“Superb - world class!”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We loved our visit to the Icon. The young, enthusiastic and delightful staff gave superb service - amongst the best we've experienced in any hotel at any price.
Whilst the location is slightly away from the centre of town, the free hotel shuttle bus, together with excellent Hong Kong City transport system doesn't make this a problem. In fact the part of Kowloon where it is situated is very buzzy.
We opted to stay in a Club room and it was extremely comfortable and the design very well thought out. Details like the well stocked free mini bar were very welcome. Ours had magnificent views over the harbour.
The extra facility given by the Club floor was excellent. In fact, with an included delicious large breakfast, full tea and copious canapés with free drinks before dinner one does not have to spend any extra money on food at all! The only problem was that due to the number of guests on the Club floor it gets a little crowded so one is advised to arrive promptly at 6.00pm for drinks when it opens. We had breakfast in the Club Floor as opposed to the main Market restaurant which we preferred - a full cooked breakfast is offered there.
Sadly we could not dine in the signature restaurant - Above and Beyond - as we had not reserved sufficiently in advance so a bit of advice if you do want to dine there reserve when you book the room.
The Public rooms were nothing amazing but perfectly functional. We ate in Greens, the second restaurant, which served good International food with an Italian edge.
All in all the Icon is up with the best International hotels worldwide at any price - a superb hotel.
Would people kindly stop giving the it rave reviews or we won't be able to get another reservation!!!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room for the view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear DJFLondon,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON.
It was lovely to read that you thought so highly of our team. Your praise of our Above & Beyond Club Lounge and Green restaurant mean lot to us, our chefs in particular, they work tremendously hard to ensure your food is the highest quality. Our entire team, in fact, is passionate about enhancing your experience in any way that we can. So we would all like to thank you for your kind words.
Lastly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back.
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Write a ReviewReviews (6,124)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

,,....it's dreadful that I can't think of any other superlatives to supplement previous reviews!
I am always reluctant to give any establishment 5 stars but it is so difficult to find any faults with the Holel Icon.
A special mention on 2 major points
1. The staff are a credit to the hotel. Extremely pleasant and helpful at all times.
2. The breakfast buffet. Just make sure it's included in your booking. I needed to be there quite a few more days so I could try more of what was on offer. Superb.
I hope to return to Hong Kong soon and there is no question where I will be staying.

Room Tip: The higher the better and the harbour view is worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear bryn_evans,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with the travelling community. We were thrilled to welcome you for your time in Hong Kong. I have passed on your wonderful review to our team to enjoy. We are all dedicated to ensuring every guest, big or small, has a truly memorable so it was a pleasure to read that you thought so highly of us.
It was such a pleasure to read that our buffet breakfast at The Market was such a hit, it is also one of our unique seling points.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Lets cut to the chase here - you will not find better service and facilities at the price in Hong Kong Have never received such personalised attention anywhere Stretch the budget if you can and opt for a Club Room the extras are worth every cent The whole crew at the ICON made our return to Hong Kong that had been our home many many years ago an experience never to be forgotten The GM is to be congratulated on running a very very fine ship Just go and be amazed, spoilt and pampered

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GREENSEssex
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear GREENSEssex,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay with us.
Our team is deeply passionate about providing each and every one of our guests a memorable experience and so we are always thrilled to receive such positive feedback.
I have already passed along your kind words and they are deeply appreciated.
Hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The soft bed, the powerful shower, the best buffet we had...I could go on! This hotel is on the smaller side, a bit boutique. It is beautiful with great service minus the snotty Hong Kong attitude of other places. The buffet was a stand out. The lighting was amazing, silly thing to mention but I remember particularly liking it! The location is near the subway, not super close, but close enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Judith G,
Thank you so much for giving us such candid feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, our staff really appreciate your kind comments.
We hope we see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

From the pick up at the hotel to the personalized check in... this is a wonderful hotel. I booked a 38 harbor view club room. I was met immediately as my car pulled up to the hotel and take directly to my room where I was checked in. The Above and Beyond club room for evening cocktails and Hors d'oeuvre is outstanding. I did not use the club room for their continental breakfast as my room rate included the breakfast buffet at The Market. This has to be the most amazing morning buffet I have ever seen. I was there over a Sunday and The Market Sunday brunch/lunch is a must if you are there for a Sunday. The staff does not get any better... great job guys.

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and it will not be the last.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KenAlaska

Dear KenAlaska,
Thank you very much indeed for the lovely review.
We are most grateful to you for sharing your experience in Above & Beyond Club Lounge and The Market Restaurant, I hope we can say hello again very soon.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.
With best wishes,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

To start, the hotel allowed us to use the rooftop swimming pool a day before we were checking in (from which we drank long island ice teas brought to us by the pool bar staff and watched the Hong Kong skyline.) I asked our waiter if he knew any good Mexican food restaurants and he disappeared for one moment then came back with phone numbers, directions and names of restaurants. Our bedroom was simply divine! Giant windows with scenic views, plush white robes, huge waterfall shower and a free-standing bathtub. Service in every aspect was beyond what we could have dreamed! We also dined at the rooftop restaurant and were more than pleased with every course. We were immediately given personal attention by the manager and several servants happy to provide recommendations for drinks and food. It was definitely the best food I had in all of Hong Kong (which is really saying something) and cheaper than we had anticipated. Overall, a really excellent hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Corley S,
We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way.
We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.
Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a nice room for you.
With best personal regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a superb hotel - great rooms, great breakfast. Just loved our time here. Me and my husband spent 3 nights here for our anniversary then 3 nights in Singapore. This was a great start to our anniversary. Would love to visit again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KristineUk

Dear KristineUk,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON to celebrate your special stay. We were thrilled to be a part of your experience.
Our aim here at ICON is to create a truly memorable experience for every guest and your comments let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others.
We hope that you will think of us again on your next visit to Hong Kong.