“Really pay attention to guests needs”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The rooms are contemporary, the public areas are beautiful, the restaurants excellent, but it is the attention to detail to the customer that sets this hotel apart. For example, I had a couple of bottles of my favorite Chinese ice tea in the fridge in the room, they noticed and put 2 more in. This was extra special because they aren't available just anywhere. Really enjoyed my stay and look forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: Views on either side have a harbour view, but the ones facing Hung Hom let you watch all of the traf...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dljhk
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear dljhk,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.

The team and I thank you so much for your compliments and we send our best wishes.

We look forward to seeing you again in April.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Write a ReviewReviews (6,320)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had to go to Hong Kong on business and decided to stay at the ICON. I was here for 5 nights and I'll go as far as to say, it was one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. The views of the harbour from my window were incredible. The bed was ridiculously comfortable. The bathroom was lush - best. shower. ever! The were only two things that I didn't care for. First of all, the guy that I came over with had a TV at the end of his bath tub and I didn't! (we paid the same!) and also, the room service. I ordered the burger one night when I really just couldn't be bothered to move and it arrived with cold chips - I wasn't going to complain about it, it's not the end of the world - everything else was 5*, I kind of assumed that would be too. Not to worry though, live and learn. I wouldn't let that damper my trip. It's still an awesome hotel and will certainly stay there again next month when I go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear TommySangers,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.

I appreciate these things take time and wanted to express my gratitude for your feedback as is both valued and useful. It was a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have also taken careful note of some of the details of your stay and reassure you that they will be addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel ICON in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is so great. The bathtub is great, the view is great. The design probably won't age that well, but for the moment it's great. The service, concierge, extras, design, stationary, gym, breakfast buffet at Market (holy wow is this a great buffet 11/10). EVERYTHING IS GREAT.

This hotel even helped me lose 3 kilos in two days! It's so far from TST Metro station that walking to and from it a few times a day made all my pants way looser. So I guess that's great...?

Oh, the lifts are slow. That's my only other criticism.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica P

Dear JIBFRENCH,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel ICON.

We were thrilled to welcome you as our guest. It was such a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our hotel during your stay here. We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest. Your kind words let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the travelling community.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future, please feel free to have your friends contact me directly for future leisure and business trips, so that I may personally assist with accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel pays serious attention to details and they got it right. From the moment we set foot in the lobby, our two-night stay was pretty much perfect.

Staff were extremely helpful, friendly and well-organized. We were immediately greeted by a staff member who already had all our information prepared for check-in. The room (club level) was clean and well-appointed with a terrific harbour view and amenities like a Nespresso machine, Bose speaker, and a fully-equipped office desk among others. Internet access was impressively fast and reliable for a large hotel which was also a welcome surprise.

Overall, hotel ambiance is fresh and clean. We enjoyed both the rich breakfast buffet and the room service food options as well as a cocktail hour on the 28th floor. Location was a short walk to key Kowloon areas and made exploring the city a breeze (although getting there by car/shuttle guarantees a lot of traffic).

ICON checks all the boxes. We'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BA_Actuary

Dear A_Actuary,

Thank you very much for the terrific review.

We are so happy you had a memorable experience at ICON.

Do please feel free to get in touch with me personally next time you visit Hong Kong.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotel ICON is an amazing hotel. We stayed in a club room with a city view, and we had the most amazing stay. EVERYTHING has been thought through! I was studying for exams at the time, and was pleasantly surprised by the free highlighters, pens and stationary, as well as the quality desk chair, printer and internet equipped in the room (as well as the handy Nespresso machine).

We managed to get a reasonable deal which included the club membership, so we were able to go to breakfast, as well as morning tea, afternoon tea and cocktails. I think I ate the hotel out of macarons and other delicacies! The pool was great, with amazing views over the city (especially at night).

The service was impeccable and everyone was very eager to help. I really enjoyed my time at Hotel ICON and actually could not fault it. Definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: A room with a city view is essential, and club rooms are good value (the free entry to cocktails, br...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear LEOwens,

We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future.

Feel free to email me directly if you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

general.manager@hotel-icon

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at the Hotel Icon in Hong Kong. We enjoyed our time there very much. The staff were extremely helpful and eager to please. Our room was large with a king sized bed, great amenities, and a nice view of Victoria Harbour--very lovely at night with all the lights.

We ate breakfast one morning in the restaurant off the lobby but felt it was high priced for a Continental breakfast and only one breakfast was included with the room--so did not return. I believe that is a problem that could easily be rectified---the room obviously is for 2 (there were 2 pairs of slippers), so why not serve Continental breakfast for 2. I've heard others complain about this, also.

One morning we were invited to breakfast by the assistant manager. He was a very nice person and obviously cared about what his clients think of the hotel. We had breakfast in The Market and it is really excellent with a huge selection of wonderfully prepared foods and excellent coffee!

One evening we participated in a wine tasting in the lobby---this was an added bit of fun which we enjoyed.

Internet was free in the room and that was a very nice touch.

Our bed was probably one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in and the bed linens were wonderful---would love to know the manufacturer!

Location was also excellent. If we return to Hong Kong, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a 360 Icon overlooking the water. Wonderful room and location on the 19th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ellen G,

We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way.

We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.

Please let me know personally if you and your husband are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a special room for you both.

With best personal regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Icon is an awesome hotel, from the very first minute to the last minute of your stay everything was amazing,
Staff we're courteous, pleasant & helpful, rooms were amazing, clean, comfortable with amazing views, we stayed in a city view, but our friends stayed in a harbour view which had spectacular views of the light show over Victoria harbour.
The buffet breakfast was something to look forward to every morning, we only ate dinner in the market restaurant once, which was a buffet. It too was extremely good. The beverage 'package' options were a little odd as the self serve wine bar dispensers only dispensed a small portion each time you wanted a refill, a little annoying as our table was on the far side of the food & bar area, but all in all it's worth having dinner there.
We loved it & would definitely stay there again, highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sinkers

Dear sinkers,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about the team. Your praise of the food in our buffet restaurant means a lot to us, our chefs in particular, they work tremendously hard to ensure your food is the highest quality. Our entire team, in fact, is passionate about enhancing your experience in any way that we can. So we would all like to thank you for your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future. Please feel free to contact me for any future booking.