“I Have to be Honest”

Ranked #5 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“I Have to be Honest”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had an issue with one of the staff and the hotel management solved it immediately. This hotel has a good location. Shuttle bus service to city center. Metro is about 7 minutes walking. Breakfast is excellent. Room has everything. Including free mini-bar. Every room has a mobile phone with unlimited Free mobile data, IDD and local calls. The best in this hotel is Mr. Thomas Suen, Chief Concierge. He made our stay enjoyable by his recommendations and tips.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and all views aer nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Haddawi
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Haddawi,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay with us. All of the team here at Hotel ICON take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, it is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments. Thomas at concierge in particular was thrilled you remembered him.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay. Do let me know if I can help with your future stays.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,544)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Slightly out of the way but nevertheless we loved everything about this hotel. The rooms are amazing, large and with lots of nice features. The floor to ceiling windows made for an amazing view.

Service was excellent but that is par for the course in Hong Kong. A little expensive but certainly worth it if it's in your budget.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joanne H
Dear Joanne H,

Thank you so much for your detailed and generous review. We are glad you had a wonderful visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please contact me any time and I will try to book the best available room at the best available rate.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was superb and well worth the money! The hotel is located centrally in Kowloon. There restaurant on the top floor was marvellous.
This hotel was so good, we stayed whilst it was my husband's birthday, they not only brought him cake but they also brought him a card signed by all the hotel staff.

Will stay there again in a heart beat!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vanessa G
Dear Vanessa G,

We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future.

Next time you visit, please email me directly and I will see if we can provide you with a great room at a special discounted price.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Clean, nice view. The bathroom is weird. I kept walking into the round shower. The room leisure chair was uncomfortable. The bed was nice and comfortable. There are no universal plugs in room making charging of our phones etc difficult. Room service food was forgettable. The location was so so and not near any mass transit.

Room Tip: Get a harbor view.
Dear waterfall9999,

Thanks for reviewing ICON.

Much appreciated, do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

Melbourne
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I arrived late in the evening from Taiwan for a quick business trip to HK. I generally stay at the business hotel chains and they're fine - you know what to expect, but they are largely impersonal. If I'm travelling for business purposes I don't really mind this as I spend very little time in the hotel. This time around the Hotel Icon caught my eye and as I was only in HK for one night I decided to give it a try. As mentioned by other reviewers it's a slightly quirky hotel (in a good way). The rooms are modern with great fitout and excellent amenities. The free minibar is a nice touch. The gym is a great space and looks out over the pool and HK island. However there were two real standout features of this hotel for me during my short stay: The staff are wonderful, and the quality of the buffet breakfast was possibly the best I have ever had, and I've eaten a lot of hotel breakfasts... Every staff member I talked to, from front desk, to wait staff in the restaurant, were helpful, smiling and nothing was too much trouble. It had a touch of unreality to it at first because my Hotel Icon stay was bracketed each side by nights in big five-star chain hotels in other cities and in one particular hotel the quality of the breakfast buffet indicated a strong desire to cut costs instead of providing a positive experience. The Hotel Icon appears to have a policy of employing only positive, helpful people who made this brief stopover an absolute pleasure. I was hoping that this hotel would live up to its reviews, but was very surprised when it beat my expectations. It was a great place to stay and I will stay there again when I am in HK. A great find and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Hotels-Airports
Dear Hotels-Airports,

Thanks for your review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON.

I am glad to know that you liked our rooms and unique hospitality. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it’s good to see that you have enjoyed our Iconic Hospitality.

Hopefully we will see you again soon staying with us. Please do let me know personally next time you’re planning a trip and I will take care of your booking.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I highly recommend going for a room with a view over the harbour of Hong Kong...it's incredible! Hotel was a great stay...good location, great amenities, and friendly staff. Very convenient for transportation to and from the airport. The hotel also provides a local mobile phone which was great for out of country travel.

Room Tip: Harbour View rooms
2 Thank margaretabney
Dear margaretabney,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.

The team and I thank you so much for your compliments and we send our best wishes.

Do let me know if you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We like everything about this hotel.

Wonderful location very close to the bay...close to shops, museums and restaurants.
Staff were very professional and made everything to lease us.
The breakfast was something out of this world...you can find any kind of food.

Room Tip: Ask a room at the higest floors and bay view.
2 Thank Claudio E
Dear Claudio E,

Thank you very much indeed for the lovely review.

We are most grateful to you for sharing your experience of Breakfast in The Market and the team, I hope we can see you again very soon.

Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.