“superb breakfast and modern design room”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We arrived about evening and got small upgrade to higher floor. Very modern and chic room design and very generous free mini bar and nespresso machine with many capsules given. I love the toilet design so much. Their toiletries are very good quality. Must purchase their breakfast as everything is nice to eat. We book harbour view and overlook the good scenery at night.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear GnemLim,

What a wonderful review – thank you so much. May this be the first of many visits.

We hope you will think of us again should you be returning to Hong Kong or recommending an hotel to your friends, by all means ask them to contact me directly so that I can arrange a few niceties.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Everything was spic and clean sanitized. Free minbar.
You get a free smartphone with unlimited 3G internet and calling.
Great for travelling in the city. You will never be lost.and yes food was tantalizing.
Whether for business or holiday, it is perfect for stay. Got heated swimming pool as well.
Staff is very friendly and courteous.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sunny G,

Thanks for your post and positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our location great, our team very friendly and the food to be excellent.

We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future. Next time you visit, please email me directly and I will see if we can provide you with a great room at a special discounted price.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I'm not sure if this should be rated #1 or #2 hotel in Hong Kong but it is a very very good hotel.

I stayed here in a Harbour View room for 4 nights and would be happy to stay here again. The decor was awesome and the rooms are really really cool without being huge, enough for 2 people for sure.

The buffet breakfast was really good and I looked forward to breakfast everyday.The location is pretty good, about a 10 minute walk to the train and the same to Kowloon Harbour.

I really loved the pool overlooking the mountains and Hong Kong Island but I just dont like the fact that the gym and treadmills overlook the pool - I dont understand why it was designed this way, it nearly stopped me staying here when I viewed the photos.

We dined at Above & Beyond and had a degustation which was delicious. Nice setting, nice interior and nice food.

A few cool things which provide a wow factor are the mini bar which is complimentary and the smart phone you can take anywhere with you that provides internet and international calls free of charge. An absolute stroke of genius to provide this, well done!!!

I would stay here again and I would have no hesitation in recommending or booking this hotel for a client.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the harbour. AMAZING
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C0lin_888

Dear C0lin_888,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us at Hotel ICON, we appreciate you taking the time. We were delighted that you found our minibar and “Handy Phone” to be so excellent. It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon, do let me know personally if you’re planning a visit, or if any friends would like accommodation assistance.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Well now.......JUST COME ON! No Air conditioning in the middle of August? you gotta be kidding me! Such a modern building with no back up Air conditioning unit? I also work in a hotel in my country. THERE's NO WAY that this happened. The Engineering dept. should all get fired! My plan were to stay for 4 nights and I had to cut it short!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Davies S
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Davies S,

On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you regarding the unexpected air conditioning compressor power failure. It was unfortunate that this happened during the time of your visit with us. We were very unfortunate to have our 3 main AC compressors fail all at the same time. The management has taken necessary steps to ensure that this will never happen again.

We are now back to normal operations and would like to invite you to come back to our property, please do contact us for your next visit for us to make amends to ensure that your next stay will be the best. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am a global traveller who spends more time on the road than I do at home. Nearing the end of a grueling multi-week business trip through Asia I decided to book a couple of days in HK to recharge prior to heading home. The President of our firm recommended trying the Hotel Icon coupled with the Above and Beyond Package. This gentleman never recommends anything to anyone as a result this piqued my interest. I took the advice.

I am not sure where to start with this review. People who effectively travel for a living seem to end up with some unusual favorites. Even though I have had the opportunity / pleasure to stay in some of the most famous hotels in the world the overall package at the Hotel Icon puts this property at the top of my list.

I arrived at the hotel in the evening after a very long day and a really bad flight from Shanghai. Tim the Assistant Guest Services Manager could see that I was having a bad day. He suggested that I put down my bags and whisked me up to the executive club lounge prior to the end of the evening reception which was ending in a few minutes. He then handed me over Keven and her team. They brought me over food and a drink and said let's deal with check in and the paperwork after you relax for a bit. Just fantastic service. Sometimes its little things like this that turn customers into raving fans.

Over the next 48 hours the staff at this hotel did everything that they possibly could to ensure that this was the best stay of my 20 years of business travel. The room was clean and quiet with a great view. The room included a smart phone for my use while in HK. The gym is actually a full gym where you can have a great workout after a long flight. The sauna and change rooms are spotless. The infinity pool on the roof outside the gym offers amazing views. The lounge and the breakfast were fantastic.

I could go on and on about this property and the amazing staff. During the same business trip I had the chance to stay at 2 other competing very well known 5 star properties in HK. This one beat them both handily primarily due to the quality of the staff. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Above and beyond package is not inexpensive but it offers solid value. As with all HK hotels you wa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Oran M

Dear Oran M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay with us. All of the team here at Hotel ICON take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, it is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments. Tim at Front Office in particular was thrilled you remembered him.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay. Do let me know if I can assist with any travel arrangements.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed for one night for a quick getaway, was upgraded to the club room which has a amazing harbour view. The room is very spacious and well-equipped. One thing that wow-ed me was their cell phone available on the go which has data and free long distance call, will definitely return

The 2 things that i would like to comment is that, the location of the hotel was a slight off, as it took as some time to get there from MTR(transfers from central line to the red line then to the TST east line), so in the end we gave up and took a taxi from the station to the hotel and the doorman/bell attendant wasn't welcoming and when we checked into the room we found a small piece of peanut left on the floor which i suppose is from the previous guest. Aside from that everything else was great!

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend the "10" series room, which offers a stunning harbour view room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ricardo K,

On behalf of our entire staff at ICON we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel pertaining to the piece of peanut shell in your room. I have addressed your comments with our housekeeping team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've noticed many staff were friendly but the doormen were not! They didn't even smile or help me out with the luggage. There's this door-boy that I've noticed that does not smile and think he's too cool in helping me with luggage and does not provide a warm welcome. I don't feel like a home-a-way from home. I feel I like I've entered a dirty hostel. The food restaurant serving staff were excellent, gave me the best experience afterwards. But still, if first impression counts, I wouldn't come back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Leo W

Dear Leo W,

I sincerely regret that you did not enjoy ICON as much as you should have. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and views, I will certainly address them with the team and should you ever wish to discuss them in further detail with me, please do not hesitate to contact me at the below email.