“A wonderful stay on the night of our wedding”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night on the evening of our wedding. Upon arrival we were upgraded to an amazing suite with spectacular views of the city. The design of the hotel and rooms is modern and very spacious. The staff and service were amazing, they went out of their way to make the stay special.

The Above and Beyond club has a relaxed atmosphere, the teas, cocktails and snacks are superb. Breakfast in the Market restaurant was delicious. The infinity pool has good views over the city.

Without doubt one of the best hotel experiences we have had.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra for a club room with harbour view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear indigoblue_HK,

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for such your special stay.

It was lovely to read that you thought so highly of our hotel. Your praise of Above & Beyond club lounge and The Market buffet restaurant means a lot to us, our chefs in particular, they work tremendously hard to ensure your food is the highest quality. Our entire team, in fact, is passionate about enhancing your experience in any way that we can. So we would all like to thank you for your kind words.

Lastly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back. Let me know if you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

From our greeting at the door, to the reception team to the f&b team, to the concierge and his team - WOW.

Then came our room - WOW. Very modern, very comfortable and the shower.

Location was splendid too - a 5 minute walk to the train, which gets you everywhere in HK quickly and efficiently, to a 10 minute walk to the harbour front, to a 15 minute shuttle bus provide to the hotel to downtown Tsim Sha Tsui. With airport connections from Icon's door.

However the staff - especially the f&b team, the friendliest most professional we have encountered anywhere. They are all a credit to the Hotel ICON.

Given the opportunity we will be back.

Room Tip: Higher rooms provide better views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear linaimac,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We really appreciate your kind words regarding our team, especially the F&B team and the concierge. We are dedicated to delivering a discreet yet personal service which represents excellent value at all times, your comments serve as a real motivator and confirmation that we are reaching our aims.

We hope you will think of us again should you be returning to Hong Kong. Please feel free to contact me personally to book your room.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Second visit in a month and hotel icon continues to impress me
Amazing views and great suite with unbelievable victoria harbour views

Really enjoyed the chinese restaurant on the 28th floor above and beyond. Great chinese cuisine amazing views and fantastic service

The green restaurant on ground floor with the best beaullabese soup I ever had and great burgers

Hotel Icon is unlike other because they really care !

Love the pool to burn the calories too

Truly amazing Hotel.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear buhalid,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback regarding your experience at ICON.

When you book your next stay with us please drop us an email and we will take care of your booking.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights. I really think it's the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and modern. The restaurants are too notch. I really can't say one negative thing about the place. No reason to spend more money at one of the more expensive places cause this one had them all beat.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RobB4,

Thank you very much for the terrific review. We are so happy you had a pleasant stay at Hotel ICON.

Do please feel free to get in touch with me personally next time you visit Hong Kong.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I don't normally write reviews. Unfortunately often even my favourite hotels (eg. Banyan Tree, LHW, SLH etc) manage to mess up something on the nth visit, which then annoyingly taints the experience. However, this is my 4th visit to Hotel ICON, and so far everything has remained absolutely perfect - hence I felt compelled to write a review.

Icon is definitely my favourite hotel in Hong Kong. Modern architecture & design, spacious rooms, excellent & friendly service, very enjoyable Above & Beyond club, great restaurants, good location - can't really find anything wrong with it!

Special treat on this trip was their latest innovation: free smartphone for use during your stay in Hong Kong, with unlimited data, and unlimited local & international calls. What a great idea - I must have saved a night's stay on roaming charges alone. Can't wait for this to become part of the standard offering in all good hotels!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ptuomola

Dear ptuomola,

Thank you for posting your review on this important and highly regarded review forum following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased that you choose to make ICON your home in Hong Kong during your recent trip, and that our team did a great job.

I look forward to welcoming you back to ICON on your next visit, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is the first time that I have used trip advisor to find and book a hotel. I took my husband on a surprise trip to Hong Kong for his 60th Birthday. Well we weren't disappointed. The hotel was fantastic. The room was great - I booked a City View and we actually had a city and harbour view which was wonderful. The service was excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly always asking how our day was and making suggestions on what to do. In fact Hong Kong itself is amazing and the people are very welcoming of tourists. The free satellite phone was also very handy.
I asked that a card be put in our room for my husband's birthday and there was a perfect cake and plate of fruit - very special. Thanks to the hotel management for arranging this.
We will definitely stay there again if we are fortunate enough to return!

Room Tip: They are all nice!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MrsNOost,

I am extremely pleased to read that you were satisfied with your choice of hotel for your Hong Kong stay and that we at Hotel ICON provided excellent services and facilities. Our Management and Staff appreciate your compliments and pleased that they were able to assure you this was an excellent choice of hotel to add to a memorable visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Hong Kong, do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Big , modern rooms , with excellent bathroom ( separate shower & bathtub with TV !?)

Spectacular gym and outdoor pool with city views .

The location is not great , but only a short stroll from central kowloon( tsim sha tsui)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Cesar V,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and tips on our beautiful property.

I hope we can welcome you back soon. Please contact me any time and I will try to book the best available room at the best available rate.