“Amazingggg!”

Ranked #111 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazingggg!”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

You cannot beat this hotel!! It feels like home! The first thing that struck me was how genuinely kind and interested the staff are. They were so helpful in giving info about transport when best to go where, one of them even helpe me stuff all my trinkets frm disneyland into my hand luggage when i had a last minute shopping spree before I left.

The location is perfecttt! A short walk from central and literally two mins away frm sheung wan station. The mini bar is free, the breakfast is great!!! There r some renovations going on so I can imagine hw great it is going to be.

I loved HKG and I loved this hotel! I want to go back nowww! Stay here you will not regret it!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Southwold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Returned to the Mercer for the second time in 2012
This time I brought my wife.she too loved the hotel and the free breakfast.
Sadly the small pool was closed for renovation as was the balcony outside the breakfast room. This was due to the reception area being converted into a resteraunt which is due to now be open
In terms of Hong Kong hotel prices and room space the Mercer suites represent excellent value for money and I would totally recommend them to anyone who needs to stay in that part of the main island

• Stayed August 2012
Moora
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The hotel is covered with scaffolding at the moment and the taxi driver could not find it. It made it hard to find.The hotel is located well for walking to central and the mtr also to the ferry. They aloud us into our room by 11am see we arrived there at 9.30am. the rooms are clean neat and modern.They were seviced every day. we had plenty of room. you get mini bar complementary, free wireless internet. breakfast . we would recommend anyone go and stop there. We would go and stop there again. All the staff was very helpful. Plenty of restraurants in that area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

After a month of backpacking and camping in Mongolia I knew I'd need just a little taste of luxury for my one night in Hong Kong before heading into China so I booked The Mercer through Expedia while in Ulaan Baatar. I wasn't sure what I was letting myself in for but thought it would be worth the extra cost. (I normally settle for less than luxurious hostels) And..... it was worth every penny! Yes it is a little bit hidden away behind the scaffolding but it really wasn't difficult to find and once I was in the door, the staff looked after me very well despite my weary and worn appearance! The room I was put into on one of the higher floors was absolutely stunning. It was immaculately kept and had all the little luxuries to make a simple guy like me get very excited! For location, comfort and style, I would highly recommend this hotel. I know that many business travellers to Asia might be used to such comforts and high standards but for me, it was an incredible treat.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hotel is really well situtated for the MTR and walking to Central. It has great rooms and will be even better once the Japanese restaurant opens. The rooms have been decorated to a really high standard and are very spacous for HK. The natty ironing board is the icing on the cake. Worth staying here just for that!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rachel H
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 September 2012

booked it cheap through hotels.com. figured why on arrival, the exterior is under renovation, and the only restaurant (japanese) is still under construction. still, it's one of the best positive surprises in hotels I've ever had. they allowed me to check in early (8am) and even upgraded me to a suite with free wifi, breakfast, and mini-bar! decor is modern & chic, service is good. just an overall great location, 3 block walk to sheung wan mtr station, 1 station ride to central. off the main street so you can avoid the busy hong kong main street traffic. this is seriously the best hotel experience I've ever had in Hong Kong (>20 visits). You should try it because of the value, location, and staff's eagerness to please.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kimchiphile
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The hotel was covered by scaffold during our stay which made it very difficult to find when we arrived in the middle of the night. The rooms and clean, neat and modern. Although small by Australian standards, they in line with what we expect for Hong Kong. We stayed on a higher floor and the feeling of space is excellent as you look out of the window - it is quite unusual not to have another high rise next door!
The free mini bar is great as is having breakfast and wifi included.
It is very close to the MTR and the location (once you know where it is!) is excellent and very convenient. Barista Jam down the road serves excellent coffee too! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple