“overall good, but room for improvement”

Citadines Mercer Hong Kong
Ranked #112 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 8 October 2012

great location, clean and nicely designed.
Had a nice promo to upgrade my room to the suite for HKD400 per night only.
Suite was relatively spacious given the fact that we're in Sheung wang / not too far from Central...unless you're willing to spend a min of US400/night and get a room that is barely bigger.
My biggest disappointment was the breakfast. I'm not picky but there was too little food and not of the best quality. for a US300/night hotel, I'd expect something more.

nevertheless I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Greg946

Reviewed 6 October 2012

The scaffolding is gone folks. This hotel is just perfect in many ways. The staff are amazing, going out of their way to help organize us a table with a view for the fireworks for the Autumn Festival, leading to an all round amazing night out, even running down the street to get us a cab on the morning of our departure, nothing was too much effort. The breakfast which is included free is excellent. The free daily stocked mini bar was the icing on the cake along with the free wifi in the room. The rooms were spacious and well thought out, things like a foldout ironing board in the wardrobe, and by Hong Kong standards large, and with only three rooms to a floor even at 30 floors tall the hotel still felt intimate.

It is very well located only steps to Soho for great dining out, and less than 100 yards from the MRT which made getting around the city very easy.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

You cannot beat this hotel!! It feels like home! The first thing that struck me was how genuinely kind and interested the staff are. They were so helpful in giving info about transport when best to go where, one of them even helpe me stuff all my trinkets frm disneyland into my hand luggage when i had a last minute shopping spree before I left.

The location is perfecttt! A short walk from central and literally two mins away frm sheung wan station. The mini bar is free, the breakfast is great!!! There r some renovations going on so I can imagine hw great it is going to be.

I loved HKG and I loved this hotel! I want to go back nowww! Stay here you will not regret it!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Returned to the Mercer for the second time in 2012
This time I brought my wife.she too loved the hotel and the free breakfast.
Sadly the small pool was closed for renovation as was the balcony outside the breakfast room. This was due to the reception area being converted into a resteraunt which is due to now be open
In terms of Hong Kong hotel prices and room space the Mercer suites represent excellent value for money and I would totally recommend them to anyone who needs to stay in that part of the main island

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The hotel is covered with scaffolding at the moment and the taxi driver could not find it. It made it hard to find.The hotel is located well for walking to central and the mtr also to the ferry. They aloud us into our room by 11am see we arrived there at 9.30am. the rooms are clean neat and modern.They were seviced every day. we had plenty of room. you get mini bar complementary, free wireless internet. breakfast . we would recommend anyone go and stop there. We would go and stop there again. All the staff was very helpful. Plenty of restraurants in that area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

After a month of backpacking and camping in Mongolia I knew I'd need just a little taste of luxury for my one night in Hong Kong before heading into China so I booked The Mercer through Expedia while in Ulaan Baatar. I wasn't sure what I was letting myself in for but thought it would be worth the extra cost. (I normally settle for less than luxurious hostels) And..... it was worth every penny! Yes it is a little bit hidden away behind the scaffolding but it really wasn't difficult to find and once I was in the door, the staff looked after me very well despite my weary and worn appearance! The room I was put into on one of the higher floors was absolutely stunning. It was immaculately kept and had all the little luxuries to make a simple guy like me get very excited! For location, comfort and style, I would highly recommend this hotel. I know that many business travellers to Asia might be used to such comforts and high standards but for me, it was an incredible treat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hotel is really well situtated for the MTR and walking to Central. It has great rooms and will be even better once the Japanese restaurant opens. The rooms have been decorated to a really high standard and are very spacous for HK. The natty ironing board is the icing on the cake. Worth staying here just for that!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business