“Good location, room and breakfast”

Citadines Mercer Hong Kong
Ranked #102 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Beijing , China
“Good location, room and breakfast”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This is my first visit to Hongkong. Both my daughter and I like the Room (6*6) - two TV, micro-wave, free drinks in refrigeratory and free breakfast. It may be more convenience if have dinner available. The location is good , take 12minutes to HongKong station.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sharon h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I would recommend for any of my friends or family to stay at the Mercer. Our room was lovely and the staff were very friendly and helpful with requests and directions. But the BEST part about the Mercer is that breakfast is included - just a simple selection of cereals, pastries, toast and hot food, but it is such a time-saver to be able to grab a quick bite to eat before heading out and getting straight into shopping/sightseeing, rather than having to find somewhere to eat (especially if you want a Western breakfast). The other hotels I looked at around this area did not offer breakfast. The location in Sheung Wan is fantastic, walking distance to many shops, restaurants and bars in Soho and surrounding areas. Sheung Wan itself is a great area of Hong Kong, not as over-devloped as other parts in terms of high-rises etc - many little streets retain their original charm.

The Mercer also has a small pool, and although we didn't take time out of our 3 days for a swim, a couple of times we did spend half an hour soaking our tired feet in the water after a full day of walking!

A taxi officer at the airport told us the Mercer is a relatively new hotel, as the driver of the taxi we were allocated didn't know the location (once the officer gave him directions he had no trouble finding it). As long as you remember 'Jervois Street' you won't have any problems directing taxis where to go after your first trip from the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 October 2012

great location, clean and nicely designed.
Had a nice promo to upgrade my room to the suite for HKD400 per night only.
Suite was relatively spacious given the fact that we're in Sheung wang / not too far from Central...unless you're willing to spend a min of US400/night and get a room that is barely bigger.
My biggest disappointment was the breakfast. I'm not picky but there was too little food and not of the best quality. for a US300/night hotel, I'd expect something more.

nevertheless I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Greg946
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The scaffolding is gone folks. This hotel is just perfect in many ways. The staff are amazing, going out of their way to help organize us a table with a view for the fireworks for the Autumn Festival, leading to an all round amazing night out, even running down the street to get us a cab on the morning of our departure, nothing was too much effort. The breakfast which is included free is excellent. The free daily stocked mini bar was the icing on the cake along with the free wifi in the room. The rooms were spacious and well thought out, things like a foldout ironing board in the wardrobe, and by Hong Kong standards large, and with only three rooms to a floor even at 30 floors tall the hotel still felt intimate.

It is very well located only steps to Soho for great dining out, and less than 100 yards from the MRT which made getting around the city very easy.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2012

You cannot beat this hotel!! It feels like home! The first thing that struck me was how genuinely kind and interested the staff are. They were so helpful in giving info about transport when best to go where, one of them even helpe me stuff all my trinkets frm disneyland into my hand luggage when i had a last minute shopping spree before I left.

The location is perfecttt! A short walk from central and literally two mins away frm sheung wan station. The mini bar is free, the breakfast is great!!! There r some renovations going on so I can imagine hw great it is going to be.

I loved HKG and I loved this hotel! I want to go back nowww! Stay here you will not regret it!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Southwold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Returned to the Mercer for the second time in 2012
This time I brought my wife.she too loved the hotel and the free breakfast.
Sadly the small pool was closed for renovation as was the balcony outside the breakfast room. This was due to the reception area being converted into a resteraunt which is due to now be open
In terms of Hong Kong hotel prices and room space the Mercer suites represent excellent value for money and I would totally recommend them to anyone who needs to stay in that part of the main island

• Stayed August 2012
Moora
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The hotel is covered with scaffolding at the moment and the taxi driver could not find it. It made it hard to find.The hotel is located well for walking to central and the mtr also to the ferry. They aloud us into our room by 11am see we arrived there at 9.30am. the rooms are clean neat and modern.They were seviced every day. we had plenty of room. you get mini bar complementary, free wireless internet. breakfast . we would recommend anyone go and stop there. We would go and stop there again. All the staff was very helpful. Plenty of restraurants in that area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple