“Very good location for a good hotel”

Citadines Mercer Hong Kong
Ranked #115 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 February 2013

You have not been for a while to hong kong ? Was my case for 3 years and was time to update the vibrant city. Stay at the mercer allow you to be right on central with easy access to ferries or bus to cross the city. The breakfast is more a "cafeteria" style but it is fine. At least i did not spend too much time at breakfast which did help me on weight issue.
Very friendly and efficient team always ready to serve.

Room Tip: High floor for sure
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel was a terrific find in Hong Kong to spend some time after a cruise. We had a one bedroom suite which was spacious, modern, clean, and comfortable with the most incredible view in town. There was easy access to taxis and public transportation and it was a pleasure to walk around the area and peak into all of the shops.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Meeted and greeted very well, the rooms were clean and modern, ideal for a business trip if you are working around central and all easy access to the piers and IFC mall.
Overall I enjoyed, if one can when travelling alone!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2013

It's easy to see that The Mercer is very new and refurbished building. My room was a suite at the 9th floor, with all the comforts and very quiet. For those who want to enjoy Lan Kwai Fong area the hotel is very well located, just 10 minutes walk to the centre of LKF.
The only thing which I wasn't full enthusiast of the breakfast, choice was a bit restricted and room very small.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Went to hk for a girls only bonding trip. First time I would be traveling with my two girlfriends. Researched for weeks trying to find a place that was spacious, had breakfast and wifi. Ended up booking via hotels.com and stayed at the Mercer. Great place! Walking distance from the sheung wan train station. Lan Kwai Fong walkable too! The front desk manager upon arrival kept our luggage for us because we arrived very early in the morning. Then, I guess upon seeing that we were three ladies with huge bags, upgraded us to a one bedroom! We really appreciated the extra space. Loved that we had our own nespresso machine in the room. Plus a huge tea selection. And, get this, free minibar!! I don't know if that;s just a promotional bonus but wow! We didn't even get to touch any of the soda and beer and just kept drinking the orange juice which would of course be replenished the next day. Breakfast was pretty good. Something for everybody. There was cereal, breads, cheese, dim sum and coffee and tea that you could have any time of the day as well (as if you would be able to finish the supply in your room). And since the breakfast room would get crowded, it was allowed for guests to bring up their plates to their rooms.
The front desk is tiny and you would likely just see 2 or 3 members of the staff, tops. But everything was in order and anything you needed would be provided. We loved our stay and will stay at The Mercer again next time I find myself in HK!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Suzi A
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Mercer is a small hotel and not located on big street. However, the hotel is very clean with fantastic decoration. The size of the room was acceptable (We have booked a suite there so I don’t know about the normal room). The breakfast is basic but nice. Generally, the hotels should be one of your choices in the central of Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My impression of Hong Kong hotels were always, "small, simple and not so fancy" (at least within this budget range).

I was very impressed with Mercer.
Firstly, though the front desk was somewhat small and though there wasn't any lobby for taxis, the staff was warm, polite, and very professional. They did what they could to ensure I had a room to stay and freshen up before my next meeting as I landed in HK the morning itself.

I was very pleased with their service.

Secondly, the room was well decorated, modern, clean and the best part of it was that I had a Nespresso machine in my room. It was helpful to get a shot of espresso before the day while I rush for my morning meeting. The room was well equipped with a good iron for my business attires; helping me ensure I look sharp! :)

There was also an ipod dock for your own music and overall, the bed was very comfortable.

One last thing I would add is that the hotel team helped me get a cab when I needed to rush to the airport urgently in order to catch my plane. In their suits, they took the time to head out and get the cab- i forgot to get their name but I was so thankful for their service.

I'd definitely go back to them as on top of all the plus points, the MRT was really close and I could walk to my client's place on Queens Road.

Room Tip: I stayed on level 22 so it was a good view- I would say generally try to stay on a higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business