What a cool place - about 2 minutes walk (max) from the Sheung Wan MTR, and whilst I don't know Hong Kong at all - it felt like it was central enough to be a good location (and the surrounding streets had lots of character and I suspect lots of good food!). Was less than a 10 minute walk to the IFC Mall - which is good for shopping, and is also where the train from the airport stops - so very handy.
The room was quite groovy - with everything you needed - and lots of glass and lights and things. All the switches were well labelled - so not all the usual hassle of trying to work out which switch turns on the bedside lamps etc!
Free mini bar (basic snacks and drinks) and good wifi, really comfy bed. Couldn't make the nespresso machine work for some reason - but possibly user error.
Full kitchen and I liked the room design - slightly separating out the bed from the "living area". Only 2 rooms per floor too - very hard case.
Best thing was the staff though - the most friendly and helpful bunch of people. One gentlement even walked me down the road to show me where to get some photocopying and binding done, and told the shop assistant what I was after - personal service!
I did struggle to suss the hot water in the shower initially - but I blame that on jet lag! House keeping sorted it.
They even gave me an extra towel to let some work colleagues use my room for a shower when they arrived - no problem. The cleaners were delightful, and thanked me for coming to Hong Kong. The place was clean and great. And the price (just under $300NZD per night) is apparently pretty good for Hong Kong too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Mercer delivers contemporary luxury and comfort with large spacious rooms in the fashionable up and coming Sheung Wan area. The new boutique hotel is only 1 minute from Sheung Wan MTR station, and within easy walking distance of Central’s prime business, shopping and dining locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines Mercer Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mercer Hotel Hong Kong
- Citadines Mercer Hong Kong