“Fantastic Boutique Hotel in Hong Kong”

Citadines Mercer Hong Kong
Ranked #111 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Such a cool little boutique hotel in the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong. We had 3 rooms booked, and all were great. 2 TV's per room, spacious closet and bathroom, mini kitchen and above all fantastic staff

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Mercer. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location was ideal, just a short walk to the train station and close to so many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed at the Mercer for 4 nights for work. The room I had was quite spacious, clean, and had everything I needed. The staff were especially friendly and helpful as well. Location is perfect - short walk from the ferry terminals and metro stations. I even had my laundry done as was quite pleased with the results. Overall, highly recommended!

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

I am in the nightclub industry. I party late, I sleep all day. I was happy to see an electronic DO NOT DISTURB button. However, be it the staffs inability to read English or some odd house policy to annoy customers all day, my DO NOT DISTURB sigh was ignored 3 times a day over four days. First housekeeping " you want room clean " erm no, it says do not disturb I am sleeping. Next housekeeping "you want laundry sir" erm no it says do not disturb I am sleeping. Next hour passes " you want mini bar fill sir " no i am sleeping. is this some kind pf hidden camera tv show im on? Repeat the above every day three times a day. Then on the second day my in room phones ringing all day. I didn't pick up as I was avoiding my business partners overly keen attempt to get me back on the sauce. Then my door starts knocking. Then it opens as im standing in my jocks in the kitchen of my suite. Hotel mgt. now what. "House policy sir if we can't raise you we check you ok" but it says do not disturb. Why have a button if its going to be ignored everyday.

Seriously annoyingly unprofessional. What's the deal here? Is it suicide towers? Do ppl top themselves regularly whilst in hongkong on holiday?

Dear the mercer. I travel the world most months. I stay in give star hotels every month. I have never had a 'do not disturb' sign, button, door hanger ignored ever. Look up the word 'privacy' in the dictionary, it may teach you something about guest relations

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank champagnelush
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nice hotel, perfectly, really perfectly!, located but rooms (also the suites) are quite small and aircon did not work in my suite bedroom part. Pool is a joke and should not be advertised. Breakfast is far better at the Shangri-La Island. Nice and very helpful staff. I would stay there again because of the location.

Room Tip: Do not expect the suites to be much bigger than the ordinary rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Swedishlady
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at The Mercer in May for 1 week. It was a good pick. Yonge Piggies is just around the corner for all hot dog fans! The Mercer is very close to everything you need in Central. It's also close to an MTR stop. Jervois Street is pretty quiet too, and picking up taxis is only a matter of walking a block to Queens or Bonham Strand. Oddly there is a bar down below that's a local hangout, but I never hear it from my room.

Checkin is what you might expect for a small boutique hotel. There are about 2 seats in the lobby, but you won't really be there much unless you checkin or checkout. They have a nice fruit bowl every day, so travelers should help themselves to a snack! Supposedly, there's a Michelin-star sushi restaurant, but I never seen anyone in it. (personally, I think that was a waste of money for the hotel)

The breakfast buffet is everything you need. Cereal, toast, eggs, sausage, and congee. Coffee / Tea / Juice. It's open 7-11am and there's enough time to get in, and usually a decent amount of seating even if you're late.

The gym is 24-hours. There are large bay windows that stare at another building - not much of a view, but it's fine if you're there just to have a run on the treadmill or bike. There's even a pool, but it's only 20 x 10 feet and I've never seen anyone in the pool, but it is clean!

The rooms are really nice, although I have to say the one thing that really bothered me was the way they seal the shower door to the bathroom. There is a rain-head shower next to the tub, and even if you place a bath mat next to the door, water still gets everywhere and the mat is soaked as if you had a party in the bathtub. I think the shower floor just needs to have either a deeper well, or a bigger drain. Simple fix.

Other than a constantly wet bathroom, the other problem was with the outlets next to the desk. They are at a funny angle, so you can't really use them if you have an adapter or plug that is larger than 2 inches. Eventually, I just sat at the kitchen table and did my work there because the outlet is against the wall.

I would say these affect the business traveler who needs a desk to work and likes to be clean and tidy. If you're a bit anal like me, these little defects might get on your nerves.

Other than these problems, I had a great time at The Mercer and would go back again if the price dropped at least 20%.

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor.
1  Thank sclouston
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have choosen The Mercer for my first trip to Hong Kong because it is close to my Company's offices. I have discovered a very good hotel, large and clean rooms, good breakfast and good service. The location is strategic, since it is in a walking distance range from a lot of amenities, and with the underground you could reach the most part of the others. I would reccomend The Mercer.