This place might be great for solo backpackers or a couple but not for a family of 4 or more. The place is really dense and you can barely move especially if you and your family/pals are standing all together. There are no dining spaces whatsoever and the room reek of rotten baby milk. The staff is great though and accommodating. Not as great as the budget rooms in Ho Chih Minh but I also understand that HK has a higher cost of living compared to Vietnam/Philippines. The building also looks unsafe, with shady characters roaming the ground floor at night, I recommend you to accompany your lady companions if you're a guy. I don't mind the smell of curry powder in the air, and this building looks like the little India of HK, with lots of Halal foods available. What's great about this place is the price and the accessibility to a lot of famous landmarks situated in Kowloon island. The MTR station is also nearby, and there is a shopping mall at the bldg next to it. I would recommend it if you're in a tight budget and just need a place to sleep/bathe/leave your baggage. Please don't leave anything valuable and keep your passport with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Opening in 2012,offer the cheapest budget guest room for guest and located in the heart of Hong Kong.Room with Free Internet Access,TV,Air-Condition,Fan,Bathroom,Telephone,Soap and Towel,24 hours Hot Water is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Carlton Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Guest House Hotel Hong Kong
- Carlton Guest House Hong Kong