We stayed there last year (July to be exact) and it was a nightmare.
First, the building was so dingy and we were brought to another floor because the floor where we where supposed to be booked (and we booked ahead of time) was full.
We agreed, thinking it was still Carlton Guest House. It was only after we got into the small room that we realized it was an entirely different guest house! The room smelled of cockroaches, the curtain so dirty and the beddings worn out. The bathroom was old and really needing to be refurbished.
We weren't able to sleep at all that night.
WE had to complain the following day and it was only then the caretakers and helpers (MiddleEastern blacks with very strong accent) moved us to our "real" room. They were the most terrifying and terrible people I have ever come across with! They do not belong to the service industry! They even threatened us to say we can't demand for our right to be moved to a room that has long been paid for!
They should be banned from Hongkong because they really give that place a very very bad image.
The rooms where tiny like holes in the wall.
I will never ever go that place again and if you want a really terrifying experience then do book in this guest house!!!! It's like going to a horror house!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Opening in 2012,offer the cheapest budget guest room for guest and located in the heart of Hong Kong.Room with Free Internet Access,TV,Air-Condition,Fan,Bathroom,Telephone,Soap and Towel,24 hours Hot Water is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carlton Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Guest House Hotel Hong Kong
- Carlton Guest House Hong Kong