“For the price the loaction is perfect”

The Bauhinia Hotel - Central
Ranked #171 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 July 2014

in Hong Kong and want a central but not expensive hotel The Barhunia is great. Rooms not as small as some of the more trendy hotels in the area and perfectly clean. corridors and lobby a little dated but if you are just there to sleep this is great choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived for a month long stay at the Bauhinia apartments after a very journey and with six bags as we commenced our move to Hong Kong.

We were provided with what a room on the 13th floor having opted for the "plus size" room and a washing machine.

The room was old and very poorly equipped. Uncomfortable old couch. Clearly no consideration or planning in layout. Single glazed windows with an extra sliding window that did not act as a noise barrier to the 12 lanes of traffic below.

There were 5 coat hangers, and one bedside cabinet with two drawers, no where to hang or unpack clothes so we ended up using the empty kitchen cabinets.

The kitchen was extremely poorly equipped, we had two small glasses, two knives, forks, spoons, plates etc, a toaster, jug and a pan. The items that were provided were very cheap and nasty. No wine glasses, wooden spoons, decent pots, chopping board, storage containers, salt and pepper shaker etc.. to say it was a fully equipped kitchen is absolutely not true. I have been in better equipped hotel rooms.

There was a sign indicating that house keeping did not provide dish washing services. But they did not provide a dish cloth, liquid or teatowels. Having just travelled 20 hours to get there I did not expect to have to go out and buy these things...I asked reception and it was clear they would not help and their expectation was that we needed to provide these items.

We provided a list of items that we felt were needed in the room ( including a toilet brush which they would not provide) , they provided some extra coat hangers and some plates, but no where near what we needed and in the end I went to ikea and bought a what we needed.

To top things off, they were renovations going on on the floor above us, after that we insisted on changing rooms, ( a refund or moving was not possible within their refund guidelines and the room had been prepaid for)

As part of booking with them, we were entitled to a welcome food kit, the kit consisted of. One packet of instant noodle, a can of coke, a 30g packet of cornflakes and a small tin of baked beans. To be honest, they were such poorly thought through options, and so impractical that rather than making you feel welcome, the "welcome kit" really was a joke.

On the positive side, the location of the premises is fanastic, its close to the MTR, IFC shopping centre, ferries and trams. It's a 10 min walk to the bottom of the central escalators.

The reception staff are friendly and welcoming.

I raised my concerns with the marketing manager and said that before I wrote this review I wanted to give them the option of responding or to change things and i would incorporate their response. I don't like to just complain.

It was clear I was completely wasting my time. I tried to raise the concern about objects that were not provided and all she could say repeatedly was, "we only provide what is on the list". I would respond saying I know that, but i am suggesting that maybe you need to change your list. She looked at me with those pleading eyes begging me to go away and said again, we only provide what is on the list. I kept on pressing, and in the end she agreed to take my "opinion" to management. I have absolutely no confidence that this would be done, or if it was, that I would hear about it. That was 2 weeks ago and i have not heard a thing.

If you need a serviced apartment in Hong Kong, there are much better and more helpful option out there. Just don't do it to yourself unless location is really important to you.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank kiwinui
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I arrived and got upgraded to bigger room.
WIFI was extremely fast I was close to reception.)
Great location for Ferries especially Sea Cat to Macau.
Rooms were luxurious.
Downside is it's quite expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamb00
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is very well situated , not far from MTR station, and very close from Macau Ferry Terminal .
Our room was very spacious , they told us we were upgraded , big bed but awful smell of cold cigarettes not nice when you enter the room .
The bathroom is big too but the towels very old with even holes in it , they could use new ones ....
Breakfast is included , they don't call it breakfast it's only coffee , orange juice and croissants or cup cakes or Danish pastry in sealed bags .... Better than nothing if you want enjoy later a nice lunch ....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shoupi
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hong Kong hotels are never cheap, however, the Bauhinia was a good value no frills stay for one night. The room was clean and the hotel looks new. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.
The location is very handy for the Macau ferry with Sheung Wan ferry terminal right across the road and the MTR is literally about ten steps from the hotel entrance. There are nearby convenience stores and coffee shops and a ten minute walk towards Central will take you into all the shops, bars and restaurants that you'll need.
Free wifi, a few international TV channels and complimentary water in the rooms.
I would recommend this for a budget no frills stay that is in a great location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quinnynews
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights. The hotel is centrally located, the MTR is just steps away, getting there to and from the airport is easy. Lots of nice restaurants are in walking distance. Rooms are well appointed and clean. Compared to other places in hong kong prices are very reasonable. Did not try the morning refreshments since there are lots of places for breakfast in the immediate vicinity. Would go there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 187331Dan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Decided to book this hotel for my recent visit to HK. From the website and map. Look pretty convenience. Locations wise, is just 2 mins walk from train station and great thing is that it is has 2 station around both the corner. Just 9 minutes walk to IFC and airport check in counter.

Hotel very tastefully decorated and rooms are pretty spacious comparing to those in Kowloon...I will be back again, for prices paid. Very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business