“A brilliant way to spend a 13 hour stopover!”

Hong Kong Private Tour Guide Jay
Ranked #35 of 147 Tours in Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife & I used Jay's services recently when we had long stopover in Hong Kong and had a wonderful time.

It was a very good price for an all day private tour in comparison to other options we were given and we got to see all the main sights in a short space of time (approx 8 hours) without any of the hassle (the public transport system would have been quite overwhelming on our own).

He picked us up at the airport on time, sorted out all the public transport, was flexible on where we went/what we wanted to do and how long to spend at each place, was very knowledgable about the sights (history, facts and also and best times to go - eg. to avoid crowds), then dropped us back at the airport at the end of the day. Jay was easy to get along with, plus having a local guide meant we had a delicious authentic dim sum lunch off the main tourist track at a place we wouldn't have known existed on our own (or without the hassle of internet research) :)

Would thoroughly recommend Jay for a day trip - or even longer - we would certainly use his services again when returning to HK.

Ps. Regarding yoda069's review below - if you look at his website Jay is often out and about on 2 or 3 day tours and mentions that there may be a delay in responding to enquiries.

2  Thank JPWestonSmith

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Based on the great reviews I've wanted to book Jay. I have sent him a detailed email to his gmail account, as well as copied the content to the contact link given on his website. I sent it on Sept. 10th, and again on Sept 11th. ***NO RESPONSE***
Its unfortunate how quickly all those good ratings can turn into doubt. Jay, if you're reading this please check your email.

6  Thank yoda069
Reviewed 9 September 2013

tour guide is excellent..very nice..very well verse with the location the history of hongkong..fluent in english

1  Thank gbs15
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My sister and I visited Hong Kong for 3 days in August 2013 and wanted to see as much of the city as possible, so I sourced Jay who is a private tour guide in Hong Kong to take us around.

Without Jay I would been overwhelmed by the city and the MTR. In South Africa we don't have an underground system so it takes some getting used to. Jay organised Octopus cards for us so there were no hold ups getting tickets each time we accessed a bus or went on the MTR. We did a 12 hour tour and an 8 hour tour (2 days). He was punctual, extremely pleasant, very knowledgable about HK and has a good sense of humour. We enjoyed our time spent with him and would recommend him to other visitors looking for a personal guide in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong in August is hot and humid with showers and overcast, so sometimes a problem getting really great clear photographs, but somehow Jay managed to get us to Victoria Peak and the Big Budha early enough to get some reasonable pics.

Thanks Jay for your time we really enjoyed ourselves.

Negatives: As we say in South Africa, "Eish, too much of people..." so if you don't like crowds, think again... We walked a lot and I wore trainers but still came home with blisters on my feet the size of pigeon's eggs. So a word or warning, wear very comfortable shoes.

3  Thank Vivienne M
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've tried e mailing him via gmail, twice e mailed hime via his website to book him without success.
Does he still exist?