“Great 2-day tour in Hong Kong” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hong Kong Private Tour Guide Jay
Ranked #31 of 128 Tours in Hong Kong
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great 2-day tour in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

My family and I were in Hong Kong recently in November. Before our stay in Hong Kong we wanted to book a tour, but were unfamiliar with the different tour companies in Hong Kong. We knew we wanted a private tour guide, who spoke both Cantonese and English, and was flexible enough with our group of 6 people, which included 3 young children (10, 4, and 3) and a senior.

We found Jay’s services on Trip Adivsor, and read all the great reviews, so we decided to book a 2-day tour. I let Jay know ahead of time that we did have small children and a senior in our group, which did not seem to be a problem for him.

Jay met us in the lobby of our hotel each morning, and we began our tour. Like people have mentioned in other posts, we did not find ourselves in long line ups (except when the cable car was closed due to wind, but even then the line went quickly). Jay is knowledgeable about the sights and history of Hong Kong. Jay is genuinely a nice guy, and we all felt 100% comfortable with him, almost like he was an old friend. Once our tour was over, and we all said bye to him, we felt sad to see him leave. My kids still talk about what a nice guy he his.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Tricia B

3 attraction reviews
“A Perfect Day in HK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I had a day in HK and wanted to explore HK. The bottom line is that Jay exceed my expectations. I usually do not prefer to have a guide because I like being very flexible. I usually do not know what I like or what I don't like until I see/visit. Jay was very easy-going and flexible that was perfect for how I usually travel. Also, I felt like I was traveling with my friend when I was with Jay. Jay was great in every aspects. I would definitely ask him again when I go back to HK.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Daniel L
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jay, funny and personable guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Jay overmet our expectations. He was courteous, funny, and knowledgeable. He met us in our hotel in Kawloon, gave us a card to use for all public transit, and took us all over Hong Kong. He is a native (32 years old) whose whole family has lived in Hong Kong and knows the city well. We loved his choices of places we went to. He took photos of us and he was very respectful and helpful. He made our last day the best. We highly recommend him and he charged us what he quoted. You can't go wrong with Jay.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Easyeddie66
Wellington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A brilliant way to spend a 13 hour stopover!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife & I used Jay's services recently when we had long stopover in Hong Kong and had a wonderful time.

It was a very good price for an all day private tour in comparison to other options we were given and we got to see all the main sights in a short space of time (approx 8 hours) without any of the hassle (the public transport system would have been quite overwhelming on our own).

He picked us up at the airport on time, sorted out all the public transport, was flexible on where we went/what we wanted to do and how long to spend at each place, was very knowledgable about the sights (history, facts and also and best times to go - eg. to avoid crowds), then dropped us back at the airport at the end of the day. Jay was easy to get along with, plus having a local guide meant we had a delicious authentic dim sum lunch off the main tourist track at a place we wouldn't have known existed on our own (or without the hassle of internet research) :)

Would thoroughly recommend Jay for a day trip - or even longer - we would certainly use his services again when returning to HK.

Ps. Regarding yoda069's review below - if you look at his website Jay is often out and about on 2 or 3 day tours and mentions that there may be a delay in responding to enquiries.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank JPWestonSmith
los angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No Response”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Based on the great reviews I've wanted to book Jay. I have sent him a detailed email to his gmail account, as well as copied the content to the contact link given on his website. I sent it on Sept. 10th, and again on Sept 11th. ***NO RESPONSE***
Its unfortunate how quickly all those good ratings can turn into doubt. Jay, if you're reading this please check your email.

Visited September 2013