“Perfect HK Intro and Great Company” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of J3 Private Tours Hong Kong

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 128 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45+ years in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row, 2012 to 2016,I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. If you don't want to do one of those horrible coach tours offered by the Hotel Concierges and if you are stuck for something to do in Hong Kong then contact me. My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Alberta
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect HK Intro and Great Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was travelling by myself on business and decided to take a few vacation days for a stopover in Hong Kong. I had 3 full days and booked a 12 hour tour with Jamie for my first day from 9am to 9pm. His choice of things to see and do based on my input were perfect and he provided plenty of interesting info and advice that you would not get if touring on your own or with a large tour group. After a full day with Jamie, I felt pretty well oriented and quite comfortable venturing out on my own for the 2 days that I had left.

If you have limited time in Hong Kong or just want to get off to a good start, I highly recommend you try J3 Private Tours Hong Kong. It is well worth the money spent in my opinion.

I've added some of my favorite photos. The quality is not great because all I had was a basic camera phone but it will give you and idea of the unique and interesting sights.

THANKS JAMIE!!!

Visited November 2013
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hi Calderafan

Yup, 12 hours we did and it just flew by and we had super weather as well!

I am so pleased you enjoyed our time together and the rest of your visit to Hong Kong and I really appreciate the great review

thanks!!

seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jamie was excellent! Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

As with others, saw Jamie's review on Trip Advisor and was very happy to use his services. In advance of our trip, Jamie send wonderful relevant information, customized for our particular interests and schedule. He made our 5 hours with him fly by. We found him to be extremely personable, knowledgeable and a wonderful guide through the mazes of Hong Kong city life. I would highly recommend his personalized approach. There is no comparison between his tour and other larger more organized (and much more commercial) tours. Do yourself and others a great favor and take his tour(s)...you will see more in a few hours than you could possibly see or do in two days by yourself!

1 Thank richardhSeattle
Hi RichardhSeattle

What a pleasure to meet the 3 of you.

I am so happy you enjoyed the tour, whether you book 3 hours or 8 hours I try and fit as much in as possible without the tour feeling rushed.

I appreciate the lovely review

Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“J3 private tours Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Jamie met us and kindly waited as our docking was far out of the original harbour. He took us walking through areas in HK I am sure on a bus trip you would have missed. His knowledge and stories of the superstitions and religions of the Chinese population were fascinating. We had given Jamie an idea of our tastes and preferences and he structured the tour to fit the four of us. We travelled on the trains and really experienced a side of the city I am sure many day tourists don't see. A day in HK is limiting but Jamie gave us a wonderful tour and filled our day with as many aspects as was possible. We saw temples, shops, hotels, trains and spectacular views and left HK without any regrets other than limited time. I can highly recommend Jamie and wish him well.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dawn S
Hi Dawn S

It was a real pleasure to meet the four of you on your recent trip to Hong Kong.. for me it is just fabulous to meet people from around the world and show them Hong Kong.

I very much appreciate the terrific view

London, United Kingdom
“A great way to see Hong Kong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Found Jamie on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed with our choice! We booked 2 half day tours, which covered all the places we fancied seeing in HK, plus more chosen by Jamie - was great walking through the food market and seeing the fish head moving without it's body or still pulsing heart in a chopped up fish, amazing to see how the locals really live. Jamie had great knowledge of all areas and the history of HK and we enjoyed the added bonus of his car spotting hobby! We travelled by bus, train, tube and ferry, using our 'Octopus' cards purchased via Jamie, all good fun and the restaurant he recommended at the Peak was fab! A great guy and very flexible so would highly recommend.

Visited November 2013
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hi Trippyzoe

Zombie fish, yes, we have zombie fish, very hard to kill! and it is very amusing!

I am so pleased you enjoyed yourself in Hong Kong, it is a fabulous city!

Thanks once again for the brilliant review, I appreciate it

Leeds, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“Hong Kong with a local's perspective”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I found Jamie through Trip Advisor and was impressed from the first time we were in contact by email.
I used Jamie twice during my stay in Hong Kong, once for an evening tour and once for a morning tour.
Jamie is a great character, full of life and interesting stories. Maybe it helped that we are both from Yorkshire!!
I saw so much in my two 1/2 day tours, including the peak at night (and Jamie's secret spot away from the mass crowds), the lobbies of the Pennisula and Mandarin Oriental hotels, Temple Street night market and the ladies that frequent it! You just couldn't get more opposite sights in Hong Kong.....Star Ferry ride. Can't believe we fit all this in 4 1/2 hours!
On my day tour we went to a temple in Kowloon. It was fascinating to watch all the mainland Chinese tourists and their rituals. I also found out I am very lucky, being born in 1968
Then we went to Stanley on the bus, which was such a contrast from Central Hong Kong, quieter with beaches. We had a nice cream and walked along the boardwalk, it was almost like being in England! I met a couple of great kids on the bus, who amused me and saw some beautiful houses. I know I would never have come down to Stanley on my own. There is much more to it than just the market!
I would definitely recommend Jamie. You will see and learn so much from him. He also emailed me suggestions for the free day I had, which helped me to decide where to go! You wouldn't get service like this from a bus company tour!

Hi Lisaplaces

I consider myself very lucky that I get to show people around this incredible city even more so when I can every now and then meet people from Yorkshire / my home town! gives me a chance to lapse back into Yorkshire speak!

I very much appreciate the great review and it was lovely spending the time with you and showing you the sights!

Thanks Lisa