“Small yet cosy”

Best Western Hotel Causeway Bay
Ranked #471 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Hotel's location is awesome. 5 to 6 mins walk to Causeway Bay Station. Surrounded with quite a lot of eateries (茶餐廳). Downside is that the hotel might not be easily spotted if you have not been around this part of Causeway Bay. Simple way to identity: once come out from Exit A of Causeway Bay, walk directly across to the other end of Times Square. You should be passing by Levi's and Rolex shop which will be on your right. Go under the flyover and you'll see More & More Cafeteria (多多餐廳). Turn left and walk all the way down to the end. You will pass by DCH Foods and some shops selling Chinese praying stuff (joss sticks, statues of Buddha & etc). There you will see a sign that will direct you to Best Western hotel. Stayed at guest room #2102. There is a cafe located at Level 6 but I didn't get to try coz good food is everywhere in Hong Kong. Also I saw on their hotel info TV channel that they have a Jacuzzi at the top floor but then again I didn't try as 1) didn't bring any swimming costume, 2) it was raining on Day 3 & 4 of my trip. Toilet amenities - Basic supplies. But maybe 1 thing to suggest to the hotel: to install toilet roll holder in the guest room toilet. Toilet paper was left at the shelf under the basin and I have to reach to get it. It was not a far reach but then again I don't think anyone would like the idea of having toilet paper left on the shelf. Room size is just nice for a single traveler. If family size wise, I guess they do have bigger rooms accommodated to that. Housekeeping attendant is friendly and she did a great job for the room. Laundry service - Available in hotel but I didn't use. Just outside the hotel there's a couple laundry shops and its all within the same block of the hotel or near. Guess I'm a happy girl with no complaints. Definitely recommended to couples and singles.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JermaeTan

Reviewed 27 March 2012

So first time in Hong Kong and I was super excited to check into my hotel and start my adventure. My travel agent booked me in a non smoking room with king/queen size bed. I arrive at the hotel and everything was going ok until I reminded them my room was to be non-smoking. They advised me they had none left. I reminded them that the confirmation states a non smoking room. After some typing on their system, she went to speak to possibly a manager. I was then told they upgraded my room to the suite at the top of the hotel. SWEET!!! or so I thought. When I got up there it was super cold. The top of the building is very windy and cold. Hong Kong is typically like this due to the location. The suite shouldn't be called a suite. It is smaller than a cruise ship cabin. The room consists of the bed and a super small bathroom that is shower and sink consolidated. I proceeded to turn on the air conditioning to heat up the room a little bit only to find out the heat function is not working. I called them to advise and they told me there is no heater element. I then started to go and connect to the free wifi I was told about in the lobby. No signal in my room, not even one bar. I called them again and they stated the suites have no wifi or wired connection. WHat?? these are supposed to be suites with no heater and no wifi......poorly planned. Lets talk about the outside of my room. This had great potential but failed. They have an outdoor private patio area with two funky looking chairs but no table to rest drinks on. There was a two person Jacuzzi but the water pressure is so low that to fill it would take a day and a half. The patio door have no valid key. You had to use the sharp end of the hotel room key and hope it pops the lock open. The hotel also has an odd entrance setup. They have this great open space at floor level but do not use it for anything, but instead you have to go to level 3 to check in.

One more thing...DO NOT get the breakfast. The fake eggs made me sick and another guest happen to get sick also. There are so many restaurants within walking distance that would be 1000 times better.

Suite name: Bali Suite

Room Tip: Suites are not full Suites more like sardine cans
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MRuiz_12
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Towering hotel in good location, set near the "wet market" or fish market. Steps from Causeway Bay MTR station and Times Square. Rooms are small, bathroom tiny. Sometimes even the cab drivers have trouble finding the front door.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This hotel had a great location. You could hop on the trolley right outside the doors of the hotel. The room was spacious, although a little awkwardly narrow. Our room had a seperate sitting area from the bedroom. The beds were very firm- typical for Chinese hotels but still not my comfort preference. Very clean room and hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank pearl796
Reviewed 1 February 2012

It was chilly in Hong Kong and the hotel has no heat. The tiny room was clean but I couldn't enjoy it at all because I was shivering the whole time. If I had taken my suitcase to the room there would have been no place to open it because the room is quite small.

Room Tip: Don't stay here when the weather is cool, there is no heat in the rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank TravelExploreTaste
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Our family goes to hong kong every year to bond and relax. I have three grown up boys now and they usually buy their stuff in Hong Kong, It is our first time to stay in Causeway Bay and it is not advisable for us. First, the hotels are small and very expensive. Would u believe exchange rate is only 7 to 7.10 per dollar when u can change to 7.7 normally. My boys favorite place in Causeway Bay were Times Square and the World Trade Center since they love japanese jeans (EVISU) stuffs and shirts at UNIQLO. We discovered these brands in Osaka and since then, they loved it. SPARTA jeans is a Hong Kong brand but very japanese and cool.For shoes it is still to buy original at Mongkok and electronics at Sam Shui po for a bargain. For resetting of jewelries its still Larrys at Nathan Road or Anita Chan.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2012

As i was reviewing hotels in Hong Kong for my conference at HKTDC, landed on Best Western Premier Causeway Bay. i should have known when it listed 'lobby' as a facility. First, the entrance to the hotel is not visible from any direction. no building signs, no neon or otherwise. only when you stand in front, you can read the small sign on the wall. Upon checking into this 4 star hotel, there was no concierge, attendant, etc. go up to 3rd floor for the lobby. i was assigned a room on 14th floor, as i enter the room i notice no closet, bureau or any other to set my luggage on. Matter of fact, there was nothing to place my clothing on or into. small bathroom, it has a shower in it. all in all, it looked about 100 sq ft incl the bathroom. There was a letter welcoming me from a Corporate sales person. So, i called her and asked for another room since i was paying more than $250 US per night. I was told that it was a 'boutique' hotel as though that explained the size of the room and lack of closet and bureau. i was told to come down to the lobby to get another key; normally a bellman would bring the key and take my luggage to the other room. i was given a room on top floor, 37th; same size room except there was a fold up 1 foot wide shelf next to the bed and 2ft by 1.5 ft wall opening that i barely squeezed in 1 jacket, three shirts and 2 pants into. there are plenty of hotels on Hong Kong island that are much nicer for $250 a night. Star rating should be down at 2 or 3 at best.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a room smaller than 10 ft by 10 ft, this is the place. if you need anything...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business