“OK only if you stay for 1-2 nights”

Best Western Hotel Causeway Bay
Ranked #485 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My first stay there. Taxi driver was a problem finding the hotel but after 10 mins driving around the area we made it to the place. First impression - something is wrong, hotel concierge looks like a open warehouse, seating sofa covered in plastic foil, hmmm. Likely I did not have to spend too much time in the concierge.
Rooms I guess typical for HK. Small. People with claustrophobia look for more pricey hotel or other city. But this is exactly what I expected, small price in Causeway bay = small room.
I didnt not expect to see no wardrobe to hang my suit and shirt and definitely didnt expect the only hanger in the room to be placed on the door next to the sink. Better be careful with water if you hung your clothes there ;)
Seems like hotel staff applied some creativity trying to locate best place for hanger for no wardrobe rooms.
Still, for this price, its quite good choice if you are staying for night or two. Longer than that, you might want to find something more comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jakub D

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Thought we would be getting something nice when we booked and found the confirmation stated "upgrade to Superior Room" -- wow -- there was literally NOwhere to put and open a suitcase - just a very narrow space around the bed -- NO wardrobe, just an opening in the wall with two hangers in it and not much room for anything else -- no chair, no desk or working space, just a fold up 30cm x 60cm shelf attached to the wall beside the bed. No reading lights at the bed, the overhead chandelier (!) was about 5 candlepower. Just as well the TV was LCD flat screen on the wall - if it was "old" technology it would have been a huge obstacle. Bathroom tiny - a 2'6" (75cm) square floor space to stand in, with toilet immediately at the left, shower straight ahead and hand basin on the right. Tiniest room I ever had after 30+ visits to Hong Kong. Weird and unconventional entrance and lobby arrangement, and badly signed. Only things going for it were location close to Causeway Bay/Times Square (though tucked away in a grubby back street) and reasonable cleanliness.
My wife and I will definitely NOT be staying here again.

Room Tip: At their size, I could not describe any room as "good". Other guests confirmed that ALL ro...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank OzJamesBeijing
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Because there is nowhere to put it. The rooms are so small I wouldn't bring a wife either. To be fair they are clean, but the beds are not good. Good locaction tho. The jacuzzi is cold water, be careful but in a great position for a sunny day up on 39th floor with a glass screen.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NealeB
Reviewed 7 April 2012

the rooms are so small....tooo bad to be real...never check in with family in this hotel or you will be squeezed....rally small bathrooms...no almirahs or wardrobes in room even the wash basin out side the washroom...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SAMEER1981
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Hotel's location is awesome. 5 to 6 mins walk to Causeway Bay Station. Surrounded with quite a lot of eateries (茶餐廳). Downside is that the hotel might not be easily spotted if you have not been around this part of Causeway Bay. Simple way to identity: once come out from Exit A of Causeway Bay, walk directly across to the other end of Times Square. You should be passing by Levi's and Rolex shop which will be on your right. Go under the flyover and you'll see More & More Cafeteria (多多餐廳). Turn left and walk all the way down to the end. You will pass by DCH Foods and some shops selling Chinese praying stuff (joss sticks, statues of Buddha & etc). There you will see a sign that will direct you to Best Western hotel. Stayed at guest room #2102. There is a cafe located at Level 6 but I didn't get to try coz good food is everywhere in Hong Kong. Also I saw on their hotel info TV channel that they have a Jacuzzi at the top floor but then again I didn't try as 1) didn't bring any swimming costume, 2) it was raining on Day 3 & 4 of my trip. Toilet amenities - Basic supplies. But maybe 1 thing to suggest to the hotel: to install toilet roll holder in the guest room toilet. Toilet paper was left at the shelf under the basin and I have to reach to get it. It was not a far reach but then again I don't think anyone would like the idea of having toilet paper left on the shelf. Room size is just nice for a single traveler. If family size wise, I guess they do have bigger rooms accommodated to that. Housekeeping attendant is friendly and she did a great job for the room. Laundry service - Available in hotel but I didn't use. Just outside the hotel there's a couple laundry shops and its all within the same block of the hotel or near. Guess I'm a happy girl with no complaints. Definitely recommended to couples and singles.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JermaeTan
Reviewed 27 March 2012

So first time in Hong Kong and I was super excited to check into my hotel and start my adventure. My travel agent booked me in a non smoking room with king/queen size bed. I arrive at the hotel and everything was going ok until I reminded them my room was to be non-smoking. They advised me they had none left. I reminded them that the confirmation states a non smoking room. After some typing on their system, she went to speak to possibly a manager. I was then told they upgraded my room to the suite at the top of the hotel. SWEET!!! or so I thought. When I got up there it was super cold. The top of the building is very windy and cold. Hong Kong is typically like this due to the location. The suite shouldn't be called a suite. It is smaller than a cruise ship cabin. The room consists of the bed and a super small bathroom that is shower and sink consolidated. I proceeded to turn on the air conditioning to heat up the room a little bit only to find out the heat function is not working. I called them to advise and they told me there is no heater element. I then started to go and connect to the free wifi I was told about in the lobby. No signal in my room, not even one bar. I called them again and they stated the suites have no wifi or wired connection. WHat?? these are supposed to be suites with no heater and no wifi......poorly planned. Lets talk about the outside of my room. This had great potential but failed. They have an outdoor private patio area with two funky looking chairs but no table to rest drinks on. There was a two person Jacuzzi but the water pressure is so low that to fill it would take a day and a half. The patio door have no valid key. You had to use the sharp end of the hotel room key and hope it pops the lock open. The hotel also has an odd entrance setup. They have this great open space at floor level but do not use it for anything, but instead you have to go to level 3 to check in.

One more thing...DO NOT get the breakfast. The fake eggs made me sick and another guest happen to get sick also. There are so many restaurants within walking distance that would be 1000 times better.

Suite name: Bali Suite

Room Tip: Suites are not full Suites more like sardine cans
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MRuiz_12
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Towering hotel in good location, set near the "wet market" or fish market. Steps from Causeway Bay MTR station and Times Square. Rooms are small, bathroom tiny. Sometimes even the cab drivers have trouble finding the front door.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple