“Best private tour we have had!”
Review of Big Foot Tour

and up
Private Half-Day Real Hong Kong Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 51 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Best local guides. English-speaking. Fully licensed. Discover Hong Kong by joining us on our top-rated Hong Kong walking tours, food tours and private tours today! Details at our main website.
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best private tour we have had!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I had been to Hong Kong on business before so was not expecting much from the tour. I was travelling with the family and they had not been there before. Joe took us on a well paced tour of this amazing city. I was surprised at how informative this tour was and also very enjoyable.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you, GlobeTrotters, for your kind review. Hong Kong always has so much to offer, even for our frequent visitors! We love customizing the itinerary around your tour interests, factoring in what you had already seen in Hong Kong in your previous visits. We also keep our itinerary flexible throughout the tour, as we are more than happy to incorporate changes along the way, in order to make sure that the tour consistently fits what you are looking for. Thank you very much as we are definitely very grateful for this chance to show you and your family around. Here's a note from your guide, Joe:

Hi GlobeTrotter9978, it was fantastic meeting you and your family, particularly made interesting with your perspectives on the relationship that Hong Kong shares with China as well as your previous travel experiences in China. We also had a fun time at the foot reflexology together, didn't we? =D Let's keep in touch as I look forward to catching up with you, especially if you get the opportunity to explore some of the rural areas of China. Till then, take care! Joe.

Chicago, Illinois
“Best thing I did in Hong Kong”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Joe was ill and unable to conduct our tour, so we were lucky to have Ski, the founder of Big Foot Tours. The tour was the very best thing I did the entire week I was in Hong Kong. Ski is so knowledgeable about the city, and took us to places off the beaten path. She is the only person who talked about the architecture, the history of the area, the folklore, politics, and traditions, the food, and how the Hong Kong people live. The tour was fascinating, and Ski was delightful. Without that tour, I would have been left with the impression of Hong Kong as a big, bustling city with no soul, but Ski showed us the soul of the city and people. I highly recommend this trip, but suggest you have good walking shoes!

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you, Sgroenwald. I had such a great time myself and I learnt so much from all of you! I love all of our conversations, be it our discussion on the cultural and political differences between Hong Kong and United States, or little things in life like how much you love to dance. (Embarrassingly, I have 2 left feet and I definitely stick out like a ostrich if I try to dance, haha!) Well, I can't say enough of how grateful I am for this chance to get to know all of you and thank you so much for generously sharing with me your sound business advices. I hope all of you had a great dinner that night. The cosy noodle place is one of my favourite in Hong Kong which serves up - in my opinion - the best shrimp dumplings in town! Please, stay in touch!
Paris, France
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great tour of Hong Kong! ”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We took a 4-hour tour with Joe, he showed us some typical places away from the touristy stuff, and explained us HK's history, the local culture and showed us a great place to have dim sums.
Jo speaks a perfect English so there is no problem to understand him, he his passionate about HK and shares his passion with you! A great way to discover HK :)

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you, AnneParisR. Nothing beats the joy that we get when our guests tell us that they had a great day with us, discovering the nooks and crannies of Hong Kong, beyond the facade of fancy shopping malls and skyscrapers. It's definitely our pleasure to welcome all of you to Hong Kong and thank you so much for trusting us with your trip to Hong Kong! Here's a note from Joe:

HI AnneParisR, it was really great meeting all of you. I had such an interesting time learning about Paris from you. It was also cool speaking to your daughter about her ambition to live abroad. I hope your trip to Bali was great. If you visit Hong Kong again, let's meet up and have cups of milk tea together again! Joe.
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Great trip”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Fantastic trip with Joe. Picked this tour based on previous reviews and they were all correct. Thoroughly recommend you do this tour. Thanks Joe for the advice about taking the bus up to the Peak - the queue at the base was horrendous. Evan and Tricia France

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you, Evan and Tricia. To us, every guest of Big Foot Tour is a special friend of ours! We love sharing our insider tips to get the best out of this city, from the locals' favourite eateries to the most efficient way of getting around Hong Kong and its popular tourist attractions. We are so happy to know that you had a fantastic trip with Joe and here's a note from him:

Hi Evan and Tricia, thank you for your review! I am so happy to read that both of you enjoyed the tour. Having congee together was my favourite part of the day. =) It was brilliant hearing about your trip to England to see your daughter. I would love to go back for a visit too! I also enjoyed sharing my travelling plans around China. Hopefully, one day, we can all meet up again and catch up on our travel adventures! Take care, Joe.
Los Angeles, California
“Had a great tour with Joe!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a private walking tour with Joe and it was amazing! I can't even begin to explain how much we were able to do on this 4 hour tour. We learned so much about the history, culture, politics, food, and got to see a lot of the city. Joe was able to answer all of our questions, and encouraged us to try some foods that we would not have tried on our own. It definitely felt like walking around Hong Kong with a friend that knows all the great places to take visitors. Throughout the tour he got to know us a little more and picked up on things we liked and would incorporate that into the tour - he also took us to an amazing dim sum place that we never would have found on our own.

When the tour came to an end, Joe had some maps for us and drew out some routes and recommendations for other places to see in the city and it totally set us up for some adventures for the remainder of our stay, we made it to almost all of his recommendations and had a blast! He also mapped out everywhere we had been on our tour in case we wanted to go back to anything. Looking back I don't know how we would have been able to do so much during our short stay without Joe's help.

Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes, and don't hesitate to mention when you want to stop somewhere for water, take a photo, grab some food, etc.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you, Kteatime. At Big Foot Tour, we are all big fans of Hong Kong and we appreciate every opportunity to share with our guests our passion for this exciting city. History, culture, politics, food, the local's way of life, etc, the list goes on and on! This wouldn't be possible if you hadn't book a tour with us. So thank you for this lovely day and also for sharing with us your beautiful photos. Here's a note from Joe:

Hi Kteatime, thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a review. I am so pleased that you managed to check out a few of the places that I had suggested. They are lovely, aren't they? It was great speaking to both of you about your travels. I hope your trip around Cambodia, Thailand, Korea and Singapore went well! If you ever find yourself back in Hong Kong, please let me know and we can have more tasty local food together! Take it easy. Joe.