“Outstanding Experience ”
Review of Big Foot Tour

Big Foot Tour
Ranked #5 of 67 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit Big Foot Tour website · Inside scoops of untold stories, local eats and hidden gems · Engaging and passionate local tour guides · Fluent English · No forced shopping · No scripted presentation · Discover Hong Kong through our top-rated Hong Kong Walking Tours, Food Tours and Private Tours today! As featured in Lonely Planet, ABC and The Sunday Province.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I spent two nights in Hong Kong on the last leg of our summer trip to Asia. Although I had been to Hong Kong twice before, my wife and three children had never been. Based on the amazing reviews on TripAdvisor, I contacted Ski and arranged a half day walking tour that highlighted the culture of this amazing city. From my 10 year-old to my two teenagers to us adults, we were all extremely pleased with our experience with BigFoot. Ski was intelligent, engaging, and responded to our interests. She took us to some establishments we would never have found on our own to try local delicacies. We got a great overview of daily life in the city too. We also learned a lot about the history and architecture of the city. We are a very well traveled group and have a lot of experience with private walking tours, and we were impressed indeed. I know that Ski can cater to a variety of Interests and emphasize various aspects of the city, depending on her clients' interests. You will not go wrong seeing this amazing city with BigFoot.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you, TXmonde. I enjoyed our walk thoroughly with you and your family. I must say I was very impressed with your daughters, especially their insightful perspectives as well as strong interests in historical events at such young age! It was also lovely chatting about their ambitions - I can't get my mind off how one of your daughters was taking notes during the walk, jotting down sources of inspiration for her own Science Fiction stories. How amazing is that? I can't wait to read her books one day! Once again, thank you so much for choosing Big Foot Tour to show you around Hong Kong. I look forward to catching up with all of you someday. Till then!

All reviews
"longest escalator"
"daily life"
"amazing city"

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was by far not our first trip to H.K, so we wanted something with a more local feeling.
We could not have chosen better for this is a small business that offers a very personal touch to exactly what you are after or mention to them you may be interested in. we left the option as to 'what to do' totally in their hands.
You will eat and drink but this is not a foodie tour just a good honest local feel to central area of HK. If you need a toilet stop just mention for they know the area so well.
So not disappointed booking for we ended up revisiting several locations shown to us, using what was shown as a bearings for where else to go that we wanted. After this tour felt very safe walking or taking 'ding 'ding and tram from Admiralty to Western district and from the Peak to the ferry.
It is a walking tour but not a hard one and will be at your own pace. Remember that HK is not flat though.
It was such fun and the information and background history was passed in a way that made everything so vibrant and it came alive - HK is certainly alive and to be shown it with passion was more than we expected.
Do not normally do tours but this really impressed

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you, World_is_your_oyster. This is definitely happy times, as I enjoyed showing both of you around Hong Kong personally, be it discussing about the current issues of Hong Kong, discovering local cultures, or simply bonding over food that had won the hearts of many locals. Thank you for letting me be being part of this nostalgic journey of yours! My favourite moment was when you shared with me how our Hong Kong milk tea brought back memories for both of you, as we sipped the local drink in a tiny yet cosy eatery. I love and share your philosophy of "travelling like a local", and I am definitely very happy to learn that my tours are able to fit what you were looking for. Once again, thank you so much for your kind words and for giving me this precious opportunity to share with you my passion for Hong Kong. Let's stay in touch! - Ski

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Three years later I find myself on my 2nd visit to HK and again I booked a Big Foot tour. My 2nd tour experience with Ski. Travelling with my daughter it was her first time in Hong Kong. So the tour had to cater for us both. Our four hour walking tour was informative and gave a wonderful insight into city life and HongKong culture. Excellent tour, one I would highly recommend.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you, Jenny N, for leaving such a lovely message for me on TripAdvisor. It means a lot. How time flies - 3 years passed by in the blink of an eye! It was wonderful meeting up with you again. I can't express how grateful and happy I am to know that you have kept Big Foot Tour in your mind throughout these years. Thank you so much!

I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with you, sharing how much Hong Kong has changed as well as the little events that had happened in our lives. It was also brilliant getting to know your daughter and I particularly loved how sporting she was when trying out local food! I know both of you have big travelling plans for the rest of the year - Turkey & Israel for yourself and Europe for your daughter. Hopefully some day down the road, we'll have the chance to meet up again and we can share our travel stories! In the meanwhile, please take care and send my warmest regards to your husband too!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our tour guide for the day was Joe. Hong Kong was the last stop of our month long holiday. My family and I were jet lagged and pretty grumpy before the tour. Joe managed to put us in a great mood very quickly.

We walked around Hong Kong, learning some basic history and eating some delicious local cuisine. I would recommend this to anyone that is travelling to Hong Kong, it was a terrific experience.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you, Leigh S. It makes our day knowing that our walk puts all of you in a great mood! (We know how nasty jet-lags can be!) At Big Foot Tour, we love keeping the walk light-hearted, making it fun and easy for our guests to immerse in a real Hong Kong environment. Joe had a great time too and here's a personal note from him:

Hi Leigh S, it was a pleasure meeting all of you. I loved hearing about your trip to visit your family from Greece. Your dad's passion for food definitely kept the day going, with the highlight being octopus with mustard! My trip to Yangshuo in China was amazing. You must see it! If you visit Hong Kong again, let me know so that we can explore Kowloon together! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a review. Take it easy. Joe

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked this tour based on trip advisor reviews and we were delighted with our tour. We decided to take the tour on our first day in Hong Kong and it was a good decision. Our guide Joe was excellent and kept us all interested and kept the whole family engaged. We were taken to places that we would never have visited and learnt things about the culture that we would never have known. It really set us up for a great holiday.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you, Philcoh. We think the best way to get to know this dynamic city in-depth is to take a walk and experience for yourself what Hong Kong truly has to offer. By sharing interesting stories and exploring back-streets together, we provide a "behind-the-scenes" look at Hong Kong, sussing out local hidden gems as well as the little things that make a difference to the daily lives of the locals. We are very happy to host you in Hong Kong and are delighted to know that our walk was the highlight of your holiday! Here's a note from your guide, Joe:

Hi Philcoh, thank you for taking the time to leave me a review. I had an awesome time during the walk too! The BBQ pork that we had together was quite a treat, wasn't it? =p I also hope you had enjoyed exploring Kowloon subsequently on your own.The next time I visit UK, we have to catch up and you must tell me all about your trip to Shenzhen. I'm curious if you share the same observations as I had (as mentioned during our conversations). Can't wait for that day to come! Joe.

Been to Big Foot Tour? Share your experiences!