“Fantastic Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Foot Tour

Big Foot Tour
Ranked #1 of 50 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello, we bring to you your real Hong Kong walking tours. Through our Hong Kong Private Tour, Hong Kong Food Tour and Real Hong Kong Tour, we make it fun and easy for you to immerse in an authentic Hong Kong environment! Do you want to travel like a local? Book your Hong Kong tours with us now!
“Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have traveled to Hong Kong several times, and booked my 2nd tour with Ski in August 2014. I was traveling with my daughter this time (it was her first time in Hong Kong) and we visited the Wong Tai Sin Sik Sik Yuen Temple, Nan Lian Garden & Chilin Nunnery, Mido Cafe and the Temple Street markets. This was a perfect walking tour that would not have been as interesting doing on our own, because Ski provided quite a bit of information about the history of these sights that you simply cannot obtain from a travel book! With respect to our meal at the Mido Cafe - which was fantastic and inexpensive - we would not have known to order the delicious dishes that we did! Ski is a terrific tour guide and I would highly recommend her for anyone and any activity in Hong Kong. She is so pleasant, very flexible in terms of accommodating needs, and extremely knowledgeable about the sights, history and culture of Hong Kong. I look forward to booking another tour with Ski on my next visit to Hong Kong.

Visited August 2014
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you, Annette K. Hong Kong has so much to offer, and regardless of the number of times you have been in Hong Kong, there's always something fun and exciting to share! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to welcome you back to Hong Kong once again, and this time round, it was lovely meeting your daughter! I like her sense of independence and I definitely learn a lot from her about the assortment of selfie sticks available in the market! =D More importantly, I treasure the moments when we were catching up over another fantastic local meal. I hope both of you had a great night out together after the tour that night. Can't wait for your next trip to Hong Kong. Stay in touch!

Bellaire, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Outstanding Experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I spent two nights in Hong Kong on the last leg of our summer trip to Asia. Although I had been to Hong Kong twice before, my wife and three children had never been. Based on the amazing reviews on TripAdvisor, I contacted Ski and arranged a half day walking tour that highlighted the culture of this amazing city. From my 10 year-old to my two teenagers to us adults, we were all extremely pleased with our experience with BigFoot. Ski was intelligent, engaging, and responded to our interests. She took us to some establishments we would never have found on our own to try local delicacies. We got a great overview of daily life in the city too. We also learned a lot about the history and architecture of the city. We are a very well traveled group and have a lot of experience with private walking tours, and we were impressed indeed. I know that Ski can cater to a variety of Interests and emphasize various aspects of the city, depending on her clients' interests. You will not go wrong seeing this amazing city with BigFoot.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you, TXmonde. I enjoyed our walk thoroughly with you and your family. I must say I was very impressed with your daughters, especially their insightful perspectives as well as strong interests in historical events at such young age! It was also lovely chatting about their ambitions - I can't get my mind off how one of your daughters was taking notes during the walk, jotting down sources of inspiration for her own Science Fiction stories. How amazing is that? I can't wait to read her books one day! Once again, thank you so much for choosing Big Foot Tour to show you around Hong Kong. I look forward to catching up with all of you someday. Till then!
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“A must do activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was by far not our first trip to H.K, so we wanted something with a more local feeling.
We could not have chosen better for this is a small business that offers a very personal touch to exactly what you are after or mention to them you may be interested in. we left the option as to 'what to do' totally in their hands.
You will eat and drink but this is not a foodie tour just a good honest local feel to central area of HK. If you need a toilet stop just mention for they know the area so well.
So not disappointed booking for we ended up revisiting several locations shown to us, using what was shown as a bearings for where else to go that we wanted. After this tour felt very safe walking or taking 'ding 'ding and tram from Admiralty to Western district and from the Peak to the ferry.
It is a walking tour but not a hard one and will be at your own pace. Remember that HK is not flat though.
It was such fun and the information and background history was passed in a way that made everything so vibrant and it came alive - HK is certainly alive and to be shown it with passion was more than we expected.
Do not normally do tours but this really impressed

Visited August 2014
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you, World_is_your_oyster. This is definitely happy times, as I enjoyed showing both of you around Hong Kong personally, be it discussing about the current issues of Hong Kong, discovering local cultures, or simply bonding over food that had won the hearts of many locals. Thank you for letting me be being part of this nostalgic journey of yours! My favourite moment was when you shared with me how our Hong Kong milk tea brought back memories for both of you, as we sipped the local drink in a tiny yet cosy eatery. I love and share your philosophy of "travelling like a local", and I am definitely very happy to learn that my tours are able to fit what you were looking for. Once again, thank you so much for your kind words and for giving me this precious opportunity to share with you my passion for Hong Kong. Let's stay in touch! - Ski
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Three years later I find myself on my 2nd visit to HK and again I booked a Big Foot tour. My 2nd tour experience with Ski. Travelling with my daughter it was her first time in Hong Kong. So the tour had to cater for us both. Our four hour walking tour was informative and gave a wonderful insight into city life and HongKong culture. Excellent tour, one I would highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you, Jenny N, for leaving such a lovely message for me on TripAdvisor. It means a lot. How time flies - 3 years passed by in the blink of an eye! It was wonderful meeting up with you again. I can't express how grateful and happy I am to know that you have kept Big Foot Tour in your mind throughout these years. Thank you so much!

I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with you, sharing how much Hong Kong has changed as well as the little events that had happened in our lives. It was also brilliant getting to know your daughter and I particularly loved how sporting she was when trying out local food! I know both of you have big travelling plans for the rest of the year - Turkey & Israel for yourself and Europe for your daughter. Hopefully some day down the road, we'll have the chance to meet up again and we can share our travel stories! In the meanwhile, please take care and send my warmest regards to your husband too!
Albury, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic, it put us in a great mood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our tour guide for the day was Joe. Hong Kong was the last stop of our month long holiday. My family and I were jet lagged and pretty grumpy before the tour. Joe managed to put us in a great mood very quickly.

We walked around Hong Kong, learning some basic history and eating some delicious local cuisine. I would recommend this to anyone that is travelling to Hong Kong, it was a terrific experience.

Visited July 2014
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you, Leigh S. It makes our day knowing that our walk puts all of you in a great mood! (We know how nasty jet-lags can be!) At Big Foot Tour, we love keeping the walk light-hearted, making it fun and easy for our guests to immerse in a real Hong Kong environment. Joe had a great time too and here's a personal note from him:

Hi Leigh S, it was a pleasure meeting all of you. I loved hearing about your trip to visit your family from Greece. Your dad's passion for food definitely kept the day going, with the highlight being octopus with mustard! My trip to Yangshuo in China was amazing. You must see it! If you visit Hong Kong again, let me know so that we can explore Kowloon together! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a review. Take it easy. Joe