“Strangely it seemed a bit tatty?”
Review of Delaney's - Wan Chai - CLOSED

Delaney's - Wan Chai
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Strangely it seemed a bit tatty?”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Short visit to HK and rendezvous'd with a friend at this bar. The welcome was quite exuberant but overall the decor seemed a bit tired. Seemed quite expensive also so we didn't stay too long. Nice to have a themed pub here though. I should think it is quite lively later in the evenings

• Visited July 2013

Hong Kong
“Very disappointing...”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Used to eat often at their TST pub when I was working in that area around 8 years ago. Their food has been excellent, and of course they serve the best guinness in HK. We went to eat there one Sunday afternoon about 2 years ago, the food was still great.

Here in Wan Chai, although the guinness is still the best, I certainly can't say the same about the food! About 4 or 5 years ago, the food was still good, and I loved especially their champ, made the Irish way I used to know.

But these 2, 3 years, I've noticed their food tastes worse and worse each time I dine there! We certainly are NOT picky when it comes to food - we eat in the streets when we travel in India! So you can definitely tell that their cook didn't even try to put in an affort! First, champ is no longer there - replaced by some substandard mashed potatoes. Second, the chunks of potatoes that came with the fish weren't even cooked! And in my latest visit, for old times' sakes, we went to have a set lunch. Oh my god, the whole dish didn't even taste a thing! Not the side vegetables, not the sauce, not nothing! My partner couldn't finish his dish, and he was starving!

Unless they change their cook, we'll never eat there again! And I know nobody will go eat there again, especially at that price!

• Visited November 2013
Cabris, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“Great sports bar and great food”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Staff excellent, beer great, good sports bar, best in wan Chai. Best fish and chips as well! Saturday nights are great as you can watch live premiere league football! I'll be there tonight!

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Guinness = Good Food & Service = Awful”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Best pint of Guinness you will find in Hong Kong, but it will cost you.

Don’t bother eating here, you are almost guaranteed to be disappointed. That is if the hapless staff even remember your order.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sakubona
New Zealand
“Irish? Really?”
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

Nothing Irish about this place other than the beer. Very limited menu, comfort food was edible but appeared as if it had been placed under a press. We required a seating change as the bench seats were well below an acceptable height for the table. I felt like a hobbit compared to where my wife was sitting. Service, well they weren't unpleasant and the food and beverages were bought to the table. Staff appeared a bit put out when I asked for a table change. Our decision was spontaneous amongst a couple of other choices, although I had a nagging suspicion I'd read some pretty average reviews on it. The reviews are correct and the rating in the lower 5% of 2000+ restaurants is valid. If I owned this place, I'd be doing something pretty damn quick about it.

2 Thank Solda