This hotel should one or two star hotel, dependign on your level of expectation.I did not like this hotel.
A few good points:
- the location is neat time square bilding, so you can access to range of cheap to high priced restauaurants in the mall, and to many cenral activities. But you need to walk 10 min thorugh crowded streets and narrow, busy traffic lights to get there.
- The hotel staff was friendly and responsive to complaints.
- Wi-Fi is free. But it disconnects after 10 -15 min, and you need to reconnect.
- I did not expect much about this hotel because of ite relatively low price, but I assumed that it would be clean. But it was not clean. In particular, bathroom was not clean and it had green, black molds on the sink. And dirty handles of bathroom cabinet... On the room floor, there were hairs and dusts in the corner.
-The room furnitures were cheap, old, scratched, and unpleasant to look at.
- The hotel must be old, and the rooms were not well maintained over the years.
-The room is very small, and bed mattress was really basic.
-There is air conditioning on the ceiling. When it was on, I could see there were lots of dusts on the air vents. I turned it off not to enhale the dusts.Fortunately, it was rainy and cloudy, I did not need it.
- There is one very small restaurant. But seeing the condition of room, I lost my appetite to eat there.
I think there are better hotels in HK at the same price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The VELA Hong Kong Causeway Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vela Hong Kong Causeway Bay Hotel Hong Kong