“EXCELLENT”

and up
Cotai Water Jet Round-Trip Ferry Tickets Between Hong Kong and Macau
Ranked #71 of 824 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Our maritime jet fleet – renowned for its fast, efficient, and hassle free service – offers passengers up to 86 sailings per day between the Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Terminal, the Hong Kong-China Ferry Terminal, the Hong Kong Airport Skypier, and the Macau-Taipa Ferry Terminal and Macau Outer Harbour Ferry Terminals.
Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to Macau from Hong Kong on the CotaiJet. The concierge in our hotel got the tickets for me, charging me €6 commission, and saved me all the hassle. We were advised to arrive about 30 minutes early which seemed a long time to me. However as soon as we arrived we realised why as the Macau Ferry Terminal in Hong Kong was very busy; a mini airport really with thousands of people all milling around. Be aware that there is a requirement to go through passport control in Hong Kong before departure as well as on arrival in Macau.
It was no problem to find our pier and the First Class tickets we had bought made the trip very pleasant. The difference in cost is minimal but First Class seating is especially comfortable with lots of legroom - enough room to sit very comfortably with two carry-on size suitcases between our legs. Additionally it is on the upper deck with much better views. Seats were allocated at check in, therefore NO stress on worrying about seating, and we got a pair of seats by the window. A snack is included in the ticket price - a pack of biscuits and a hot or cold drink.
The journey is a little over an hour and another advantage of First Class was priority disembarking, meaning we had a head start on the other passengers of the very full boat to passport control in the Taipa Ferry Terminal. Our boat docked on what seemed to be the pier farthest from the exit and it was a good 5 minute walk to passport control.
The return trip was similar but the boat was much less full. The weather was cloudy with a fresh to strong wind and a medium swell, none of which seemed to adversely affect the boat and the crossing was very smooth. The cabin crew were friendly and courteous. All in all our return trip was extremely pleasant and totally stress free.
Based on our experience I can only rate this service as excellent and I have no hesitation in recommending CotaiJet.

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Efficient is the only thing you should expect”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I frequently take CotaiJet from Taipa Ferry Terminal (Macau) to HKIA SkyPier. If you spend your last day in Macau and you have to take your flight from HKIA you can take the ferry service from Taipa Ferry Terminal and Macau Ferry Terminal. Taipa Ferry Terminal is closer if you are staying in Conrad, Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Four Seasons, Venetian, Grand Hyatt, Crown, Hard Rock, Galaxy, and Banyan Tree. You can buy the ferry ticket from the above hotels (ask the concierge) but you have to provide your passport and e-ticket/reservation number. Once you buy you can go to Taipa Ferry Terminal (all hotels provide free shuttle bus to taipa ferry terminal). Please be advised that you need to be at the ferry terminal one hour before your departure time for check in process (for example your schedule ferry is 11.55 that means you have to be at the ferry terminal by 10.55). Please be advised that you have to catch a ferry that is at least 4 hours before your schedule departure time (airlines). Not all airlines provide services that allows the passengers to be checked-in through Macau and Taipa Ferry Terminal (you need to check with your airlines beforehand). Once your luggage has been checked-in you will go through Macau Immigration. The ride will take 50 minutes. Economy ticket cost HKD 248/person.

Once you arrive at the HKIA SkyPier you will need to collect your boarding pass from your airline counter. They will issue a tax refund receipt for your ferry ticket. Each ticket entitle to HKD 120 refund. The refund counter is located after the airport security check. After you collect your refund hop into a sky train from the SkyPier into the main terminal (Terminal 1). Please remember you are not allowed to get off at Terminal 2.

Visited March 2014
7 Thank MikieMikey
SG
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“CotaiJet”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Bought our tickets from SCC - Cotai Travel Agency that provide no service at all & all staffs are living in their own world & doesn't seems alive or paying attention. Staff was Unable to provide advice & walk away leaving us to figure out a solution ourselves!!
Ferry Ride from Taipa ferry terminal direct to HKIA Skypier was smooth & apparently free-seating. Ferry left 5-10 minutes before schedule time thus arriving earlier as well.
In comparison to turbojet & cotai jet, both are generally same except turbojet staffs are more impatient.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank SGJoSG
Carlsbad, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Onboard service is as promised. Aggressive and Misleading Sales Tactics Despicable”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I took the Cotai last week from HK to Macau. I bought a ticket at the Kowloon terminal. I was aggressively sold a roundtrip that I later learned was useless when I went to return to HK. (and I didn't care if I returned to HK or Kowloon).

It turns out that Cotai sailings TO HK are from a different terminal in Macau then where they arrive. The Cotai rep at the outer terminal refused to explain anything to me, and in any case the sailings were limited, so I just bought a return on another service.

I would not give business to Cotai again.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank jeepwrangler50
Manila, Manila, Philippines
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great service going to Macau”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our ticket was upgraded to first class when we were going to Macau. They served complementary drinks and snacks on board (HongKong's famous cookies). If you have the tendency to have motion sickness while traveling on water, ferry services may not work out for you. The trip was a little turbulent because of the strong winds that day. You need not have to worry about losing seats, because CotaiJet preassigns seat numbers when you purchase the tickets. When you're traveling from HongKong to Macau, and back, it might be better to get an open ended ticket, so you don't have to worry about the return ticket.

Visited September 2013