“Perfect!”

Ranked #52 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Burgas, Bulgaria
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Nice location. Nice staff. Nice furniture and bathroom. Nice air conditioned. Very good breakfast. Very good wifi. Two LCD TV in bussines suite.
We had an amazing view too on 18th floor!
Perfect choice for city trip or bussines.
Sometimes we need to wait for elevators more then 3 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We were expecting an ordinary hotel room but on arrival we were given a suite with a cosy separate living room and a kitchenette (with a sink and fridge/freezer, but no cooking facilities other than a kettle). So while we were prepared for a very small space, we actually got a whole extra room which we found unnecessary at first. Our little living room, however, soon proved to be an extremely useful, welcome feature as it allowed us to bring takeaways for dinner and eat them in private in front of the TV -vastly nicer than eating in a noisy messy hectic restaurant, which would clearly have been the only option otherwise. Breakfast buffet is good, with plenty of tropical fruit and, on the first day, it even included gravadlax. The coffee inside the jug next to the (very weak) black tea tasted unmistakeably instant and, being something of a coffee buff, I hated it. Proper coffee (out of an espresso machiche) IS available on request, but they are discreet about it to say the least. I only noticed this after spotting another guest who was more alert than we were and had spotted the mini espresso machine behind the breakfast counter. As usual in the Far East, they love paper cups and will not supply china (!) cups if they can possibly avoid it. Like the espresso itself, they seem to be available on request, though. The view through our window on the 20th floor was one of vertiginously high skyscrapers strewn from top to bottom with what looked like dry rivers of muck, which while far from conventionally beautiful, looked quite surreal and dramatic. Generally we were quite pleased about this hotel and felt we had made a good choice. My only complaint is, when we returned to our room at 4pm our room had obviously not been cleaned. On phoning reception, they promised to have it cleaned in two hours (i.e. at 6pm) and, just one hour later at 5pm, a cleaner came and did our room. I think they probably wouldn't have cleaned it if we hadn't asked. Reception is bizarrely located on the 4th floor, which does feel a bit poor but is not really a big deal. They explicitly state tap water is drinkable AFTER boiling, but they supply an adequate amount of bottled water, which we used to make ice cubes, and boiled some tap water in our kettle as backup. Very practical bathroom, with an opening window and telephone/sunflower type shower. Good selection of TV channels in a flat screen TV and lots of peace and quiet in the dizzy heights.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite (aka "executive room") and try to get it as high as possible.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I enjoyed my eight-night stay at Hotel LBP. The staff is extremely kind and helpful and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. Free breakfast is an added bonus! It is about a 10-minute walk from the nearest subway, but it's easy to get around so that was never a problem. The hotel is not in the heart of nightlife - that's also a 10 minute walk - but the neighborhood is clean and safe. I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Great location in Central Hong Kong as it is close to everything with a little enjoyable walking, via taxi or trolley trams. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable (how much time to you spend in a room anyway?). The buffet continental breakfast is a great start in the morning and the room is sunny and bright. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When we are headed this way again, we will stay here.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I went to visit friends in Hong Kong for a few days. I've only been to Hong Kong once before and I stayed on Kimberley Road; I decided to stay somewhere near Central this time because I've never been there before. I was very happy with that decision, because it led me to this little gem of a hotel. A very safe neighborhood with plenty of old fashioned shops (mostly dried fish and foods) with more modern places also located nearby such as cafes and galleries.

I booked a Luxury King room, which was pleasantly larger than I expected. The space was very cleverly designed with the use of mirrors and glass while the neutral and gray color scheme gave the room a very chic and luxurious feeling. The bathroom was very roomy, there was even a separate sliding door for the shower area. There was also daily complementary water and toiletries. Breakfast was included, and for the 3 nights and 4 days that I was there they served pretty much the same thing:

Sausages
Assorted fresh fruits
Tuna
Processed sliced cheese
Various condiments
Milk, coffee, tea, and assorted fruit juices.

I appreciate the western breakfast since when you're in Hong Kong you eat at the local shops. And even though it was the same food being served daily, majority of the items were very tasty (I especially loved the assorted fresh berries, sausages and hash browns.)

I was also given free use of the Executive Lounge and Mini Theatre. The Executive Lounge is a private room on the 6th floor, very much like a hotel room only there was no bed. Massage jets in the shower and a massage chair were in the room along with an awesome entertainment system. Everything in the lounge as well was complimentary; The free wifi throughout the entire hotel was very fast, stable, and easy to connect to.

The staff were very lovely. Amy and Cora (the breakfast ladies) Kitty and Pepsi (the front desk girls) and Lani from housekeeping, all made me feel very at home and were incredibly helpful.
Even the staff at the building lobby were very helpful.

To say that I enjoyed my stay at this hotel is a massive understatement. My next trip to Hong Kong, even if I do end up staying in a different area, I might just have to book a night here to simply enjoy the room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pam2akai
Mumbai
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from Sheung Wan MRT station as well as midlands elevator. There are quite a few 7/11 close by as well as McDonalds, traditional Chinese restaurants & coffee shops. Check in was a breeze & were upgraded to a suite. The suite had a separate sitting area with a kitchenette with a kettle, 2 flat screens, the bathroom & room were tiny but clean (very important!) & the bed was comfortable though a bit firm. Like the earlier reviews mentioned the dining area is tiny so finding a place to sit down for breakfast may be a problem but we didn’t face any issues. There’s coffee/tea available through the day & we also picked up tickets for Ocean park at a fair discount to the listed price. We also got the tickets for the tram to the peak which saved us the hassle of standing in a pretty long que at the tram station. And the staff was all very friendly. But remember the reception is on the 4th floor of the building & the security on the ground floor will pass you through as the access is secured.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I've stayed in this hotel in Jan 2013. Booked a twin bed room and it surprised me with the room size and amenities.

The location is quite good. It's located in Sheung Wan, which is about 10 mins walk from the Western Market & Shun Tak Centre, which means you'll get easy access to Macau or airport (as the airport shuttle bus stops nearby Shun Tak Centre). The tram stop at Suntherland St is just 3 mins walk, Sheung Wan MTR is about 10 mins walk away. There are a lot of char chan teng, famous restaurants (eg two famous teochew braised duck restaurants are just around the corner) or dim sum rest araurants around the area. Also, the Queens St Food Market is just 2 mins walk. Also, the area is filled with a lots of shops selling dried seafood, birdnest, herbal and etc.

For those who always travel to HK will know that the hotel rooms in HK are relatively small and compact, but surprisingly Hotel LBP's rooms are quite spacious. The bathroom has a shower room and toilet. The bed and pillows are super comfy, furthermore you can request for different types of pillows to suit your need. It's clean & comfortable and it feels like it's in your own room.

The service is good, the staffs are friendly and informative. They also provide some tour package, discounted tickets for activities/parks/tour.

My room package comes with free breakfast, and the breakfast serves at the reception level. The breakfast is simple, it comes with bread, cereals, salad, fruits, tea, eggs, coffee and juices.

Overall, the hotel price is value-worth and i'm happy with my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family