Little Adventures in Hong Kong Food and Walking Tours - Day Tour
and up
Expert-Led Hong Kong Food and Culture Walk: Sunday Morning in Wan Chai
Ranked #7 of 51 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Go beyond tours. Come with us on a private, personal walking and food experience that gets you inside Hong Kong. Walks by professionals, not tour guides. Just three guests, maximum. There's no other company like us in Hong Kong, and we're proud to be recognized by the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Time Out, the Luxe Guide and the Chicago Tribune. If your time in Hong Kong is short, why waste a minute on a cookie-cutter group tour? Get personal, and learn about Hong Kong and what makes it tick from award winning professionals, food and travel journalists. We work with you to design a Hong Kong experience that's perfect for you. If you like culture and history, then it's back streets, hidden temples, old Chinese neighborhoods--even a haunted house! If you love Chinese food, then get ready to indulge, because that's our specialty. Hong Kong has tens of thousands of restaurants and noodle shops, but we've located all the best and we're sharing our secrets with you! (We speak and read Cantonese, so no worries about Chinese-only menus.). Whatever your profession or interest, we can craft a program that will give you the useful information and local intelligence you need to feel at home in Asia's most cosmopolitan city. Our director and your host, Daisann McLane, has unparalleled experience in finding and getting to the heart of the world's great places. She's an award winning travel journalist with National Geographic Traveler, and before that spent six years roaming the world as the New York Times' "Frugal Traveler" columnist. She fell in love with Hong Kong: she wants you to fall in love with this great city, too.
Sydney, Australia
“See the real Hong Kong”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our walk with Daniel was simply wonderful. It was an exciting adventure that gave us an insight into a Hong Kong that you need to leave the main streets to see and experience. Daniel's gentle manner was a blissful antidote to the noise and bustle, and when combined with his insightful guiding, it was a magical experience. And all that even in the rain!!!

• Indonesian first
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Reconnecting with Hong Kong”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have been remiss in writing up my thoughts on my past experiences with the folks at Little Adventures in Hong Kong. Since my initial trip with them back in March 2012, I've returned twice to Hong Kong and on both trips tapped their services. My second trip was in December 2012, where I did a half day tour followed by a dinner at an excellent Cantonese restaurant. What I came away with, and the reason I would come back again to LAHK on my third trip was the depth of knowledge and expertise in navigating the HK food scene excited by the team.

Despite HK being quite the international city, when it comes to trying to experience the best authentic Cantonese cuisine, there is still very much a language barrier. As a non-Canto speaking American tourist with limited time, not having to worry about this is an immense relief, combined with knowing I am being introduced to places that have been curated by the knowledgeable staff to my specific taste - it's really these two things that brought me back for my second, as well as third trip to HK. For example, we went to Ser Wong, and I'm sure I could have managed to order the snake soup on my own, but it was knowing the back story of that dish in that restaurant as well as the other dishes we ordered there that I probably wouldn't have known to order on my own that made the experience memorable. That evening, we went to a high end traditional Cantonese restaurant (I'm reluctant to identify the restaurant - my little secret, maybe for a little bit) and the LAHK team picked the best dishes (some of which had to be preordered) as well as some excellent seasonal dishes. Again, you might be able to figure some of these things out, but I did't have to because the heavy lifting had been done for me. The meal was excellent, by the way. My last trip to HK was this past April, where I only had a day in HK and I had another excellent, curated Cantonese meal.

I know there were less expensive tour options in HK, but for my time and money, I find LAHK a great value. I really have come to trust the LAHK team with my trips to HK, especially given my time tends to be limited. I appreciate the staff's knowledge and familiarity with the ever evolving HK dining scene, their knowledge and passion when it comes to Cantonese cuisine, and their overall excellent attention to detail and customer service.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Eddy K
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful walking tour!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

On short trips like ours, one often doesn’t have the luxury of wandering around and discovering things independently without the risk of missing a lot. Having a customized tour like this one is a luxury too, but we enjoyed it immensely. Daisann proved an enthusiastic, informed, and energetic guide who introduced us to Hong Kong's idiosyncrasies, gave us a good foundational background for independent exploring, and gave us insight into ordinary life in Hong Kong. The tour was tailored to our interests and we got informative responses to every question. We could not have asked for a better tour, and recommend it highly.

1 Thank Enrique H
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great time on the Sundays in Wan Chai walk. I was a solo traveller who had never been to Hong Kong before but didn't want to do anything too "touristy". This tour was perfect in that it felt like a couple of friends showing us around their favourite spots.

Visited June 2014
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An adventure for those who truly want to EXPERIENCE Hong Kong and not just "see the city””
Reviewed 2 June 2014

For visitors who truly want to EXPERIENCE Hong Kong rather than just "see the city” then booking an adventure with Little Adventures in Hong Kong is a MUST!

As a corporate event planner based in Southern California, I was asked to set up a social activity and group dinner for colleagues and clients attending a conference in Hong Kong in May 2014. This is a well-traveled group of more than 20 people who didn't want the standard run-of-the-mill tour that you end up napping through; they wanted an experience; something they would actually remember past dinner. I’ve always set my standards high and was not going to disappoint them, but HOW can you succeed in such a quest from thousands of miles away? Well, it was easier than I ever thought possible.

After extensive research, and much frustration, I found Little Adventures in Hong Kong through Trip Advisor and my goal became a reality. I worked directly with Daisann to customize a memorable walking tour weaving through the historic Wan Chai district, followed by a private, guided dinner at a Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant. Our resident foodie and guests were delighted with the walking tour and the added experience of extending our “tour” into a guided culinary adventure to round out the day.

By having Little Adventures in Hong Kong plan the menu and provide a guide as part of our dinner experience, our guests were given an opportunity to experience dishes they may not have chosen on their own, sample a wide variety of revived Cantonese dishes and gain a stronger understanding of the ingredients used as well as the history and culinary principles in Cantonese cuisine.

Planning events sight-unseen from thousands of miles can be a nerve-racking experience, but working with Daisann put my mind at ease. With her attention to detail, prompt communications and extensive knowledge of the “real” Hong Kong, the entire experience was wonderful. Even with a 15+ hour time difference she took the time to speak with me when it was convenient for both of us (and occasionally woke up VERY early on her end to fit a planning call into my busy schedule)! By the end of our planning, I felt I was sending my group off with a close friend rather than a tour guide.

If you book an adventure with Little Adventures in Hong Kong, I am confident your experience will be unforgettable and one that deserves more than just one page in your scrap book!

1 Thank hslavey

Travellers who viewed Little Adventures in Hong Kong Food and Walking Tours - Day Tour also viewed

Been to Little Adventures in Hong Kong Food and Walking Tours - Day Tour? Share your experiences!