“We expected better food.”

Ah Hung's Delicacies
Ranked #1,958 of 8,734 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Airport
Neighbourhood: Airport
Manila, Philippines
“We expected better food.”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We wanted to try this place because it's supposed to be one of CNN's best airport restaurants, and it's related to the Michelin star restaurant in Hongkong. The food was alright. I'm not that adventurous when it comes to food so I only had a few choices - most of the choices were really exotic. But I'm not complaining about that, I expected it. My main issue is with the food. We ordered two dishes - we weren't very hungry and the food was expensive. The chicken with garlic was good, so I stuck to that. The noodle dish we ordered was a bit dry. I expected really awesome food but alas, they were only 'good enough' and 'okay'.

The service wasn't great either. We waited really long for our food - we thought that they forgot about the order.

Not recommended - best to splurge on good food somewhere else. UNLESS you're the type who wants to try exotic stuff - who knows, that might be good. I'm giving this 3 stars instead of 2 stars because the chicken with garlic was good.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
“Never be back again!”
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

We gave up the airline lounge to pick this restaurant before boarding the flight, but very disappointed experience. We ordered signature dish- goose meat in marinated sauce which is too salty and meat not tender but costs hkd140 for 10 pieces of meats. We did sit down for 20 min but no water provided until we asked, the water is 100 degree hot. Congee supposed to be CHIU chow style but rice is soft. NEVER be back again!!!

Whakatane, New Zealand
“You have to be brave”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My wife and I were the only non asian faces in this airport restaurant which is a branch of the Michelin Star restaurant in Hong Kong. Why do you have to be brave - well for us ducks tongues in chinese liquor and Marinated Layered Pig's Intestine in Aspic are a bit out there as our some of the other items on the menu.

One adventure at a time was enough for us so we tried the Duck Tongues. Probably a bit of an acquired taste but an interesting flavour/texture combination nevrtheless. The marinated goose was fabulous and was a highlight.

It is a cafe style eaterie with service to match - nothing too flash but nothing really to complain about. English was very much a second language for the wait staff and I suspect they don't strike Kiwi foodies every day.

All in all this fits the "dining experience" category

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank litigate
NYCha
“Best airport restaurant at HKG”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

It is a cafeteria style restaurant at HKG, and considered one of the best. It offers authentic Cantonese style food, and every item is worth to try, the price is very reasonable. I highly recommend it.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank NYCha
Hong Kong, China
“Maybe the Best Taste in Hong Kong”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This is a Chiu Chow style restaurant, most meat dishes are serve cold, their slice goose is moist, tender and delicious, maybe the best in Hong Kong, simple menu, chicken, pork, all are tasty, serve with rice or noodle, they have a whole goose to go, well pack in a box for traveler on the go, they main branch is at North Point, Hong Kong, Michelin one star two year in a row, for a lunch or light snack, a good choice at Hong Kong International airport.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank hkvisitor1997

Been to Ah Hung's Delicacies? Share your experiences!