Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My usual Hotel, The Caritas Bianchi, was full so I tried the Golden Palace Hotel after reading the reviews on Booking.com.

I was dropped off by Taxi outside the building. After locating the small entrance I took the elevator to what looked like an apartment building. The reception was all dark and seemed closed but eventually someone popped up to help. I should have known something was wrong when she wanted cash rather than allow me to use my credit card. However, I did pay after getting a receipt. Thats when the fun started.

Instead of taking me to a room in the building I was lead, with my bags, to another building 3 blocks away where on the third floor there was a flea bitten "Guest House". I refused to stay and after much haggling got my cash back. I went to the Caritas Bianchi, which had a room after all.

Booking.com were apologetic and did not charge anything for their services.

Avoid this establishment at all costs.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Alexmac24
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Don't be deceived by the pictures. You don't get what you see. A mandarin speaking woman led us to a building along 731 Nathan Road on the 16th floor and to a 6 ft x 6 ft room. In all there are at least more than 5 other small rooms. Dirty, spooky and smelly. We were given a filthy single bed even though we booked for 2 pax. The very old TV don't work. The sheets are old and smelly. It's the worst experience I have ever encountered. Remember, it is not a hotel, only a rented room.
Remember, don't be deceived by them.

Room tip: Remember, it is not a hotel. Only a rented room in an old building.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

At first I was a little apprehensive about the small and outdated room. The toilet leaked and there werent any windows.

After staying for 5 nights I really appreciated the convenient location, the air conditioning, security, free wifi and best of all the service.

Although the lady running the place didn't speak much English, she was VERY helpful! She offered to take me to the post office and show me where the main attractions were. She even helped me hail a taxi.

If you can handle slightly outdated facilities and a lack of a window you will grow to love this quaint little guesthouse.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank Laura K
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The room is very clean, and the lady is so friendly, the place is quite safe during the night, you could find so many restaurants nearby. We had a trip to Hong Kong with my girlfriend on November last year and we took the MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui just around 10 minutes. By the way, they do help you to storage your luggage and it's free.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank takky43951
Reviewed 12 February 2012

nice location at the heart of mongkok, it's my first trip to hong kong, very easy to find, the room is clean with very low price.

Room tip: large ensuite with windows, great for couples
Date of stay: February 2012