“good rooms, good location but will never recommend”

Day and Night Hotel
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel last September. The rooms are new but very small. The toilet is very small, so when you take shower the whole place will be wet. When i requested for additional pillow and blanket, I had to call 4-5 times before it gets delivered. Yes, tea, hot water and microwave are available but you will never use them as it is very dirty. You can even see their staff sleeping on the walk way. The location is good as it's close to the train stations however i don't feel safe. Too many Pakistani and Bangladeshi scalpers on the ground floor. It looks like a public market with all the stalls selling Indian food, phone cards etc. You have to que for a long time as the lift are very small. We are actually taking which ever lift is available and use the back stairs but it is very dirty and so smelly. If you are looking for a cheap hotel or if you are on a budget trip, do not stay in this hotel if you do not want to get disappointed. We even got stranded for 2 days because of the typhoon but we didn't go back to this hotel and booked another hotel which is much better and also located in Nathan road.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The rooms are kept clean and tidy by jen, who was very nice. John, the Manager was very acomodating as well. I love that it has free tea, hot water, and microwave. The hotel is at Chungking Mansions, which is at the heart of Nathan Road, its actually walking distance to almost everywhere. If you're going to Hongkong and youre on a budget, i definitely recommend Day and Night!

Room Tip: choose rooms on the 10th floor, plus my friend and i booked the triple bedroom so that we can have o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank yem2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed in Day & Night Hotel for 3 nights. I would have said that it was a pretty good experience if I hadn't met some of their employee (or boss).

The first day, I arrived early in the morning so I asked for an early check-in. They told me that it was possible, but the room was in another floor because the one I payed for was still occupied. As the boss owns several guesthouses in the same building, he putted me in "Singh Guesthouse". I accepted and I took that room.

After two nights here, I asked to visit the room I was supposed to have at the beginning (the room I actually payed for!) in Day & Night Hotel. I found that this room was much bigger, much newer, and much better equipped that the one I had. Naturally, I asked to change to that room as it was available... Surprise! The employee (maybe he is one of the bosses) asked me to ad 50HK$ per night to have this one! I tried to negotiate to get what I had paid for, but he didn't accept any of my arguments. Moreover he has been quite disagreeable (not far from rude!) with me and all the other customers who tried to obtain anything from him such as a receipt... which he refuses to give for “god knows” which reason.

To conclude, the rooms are small but seems to be pretty nice, even if I didn't even sleep in one of them! The price is quite cheap for Hong Kong standard (as long as they don't ask you to pay more than you already did). Unfortunately, I remain a bit disapointed because of this lack of service and professionalism. I finished my Hong Kong journey in another hostel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris4487
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked the hotel through internet from 4-9 August 2013. Due to emergency situation I have to delay our arrival and my wife and son went earlier than me. The flight was so late they showed around 23.00hrs midnight.

When she showed the payment receipt on her cell phone, the man on the front desk borrowed her phone cell, browsing curiously for quite a long time looking for something as if he was suspicious of the booking confirmation showed to him.

So there were my wife and son. An alien woman with a teenage son, perplexed in the middle of the night in a foreign city. And the man on the front desk showing no mercy told her that she was late and no room for her...

Later I found out the hotel policy written at the bottom of the booking receipt:
"This booking is Non-Refundable and cannot be amended or modified. Failure to arrive at your hotel will be treated as a No-Show and no refund will be given (Hotel policy)"

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank irwanpr
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Ultra-small rooms - bed and narrow passage - store your suitcase under the bed and pack it on the bed - no other way to do this. But in the same time: room has all you need - a/c, fan, tv, sconce, hairdryer, private shower. Also this property has good wifi in all rooms, microwave oven, hot water dispenser on the reception.
Very good location near the shopping malls and 2min walk from subway station. Bus stop for bus N21 (from/to HKIA) is right in front of hotel.
What's to say more? Yeah, There is long queues to elevators in the building. They require key-deposit on check-in (about HKD20), but no one will return you this money if you will check-out in the night :)
Anyway, good value for the money for those who need to stay in HK for one or two nights.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Hotel is pretty decent in this price range. supportive staff but rooms as per booking was not honoured on arrival causing inconvenience.
very close to malls and central and so is the primary choice for all travellers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I had read several reviews about this place before staying so had a pretty good idea of what to expect. Most of what you read is true...the place is very difficult to find as it's on the 9th floor above a market. The market is full of leering men that would be a bit creepy if I was travelling solo. The door to the hotel didn't even have a sign when we got there so you think you're ringing someone's apartment. The rooms are really clean and surprisingly have pretty much everything you need...except space! My boyfriend kept knocking things of the nightstand as there's no room between them. The bathroom is TINY! If you are of any size at all, you would have a very hard time maneuvering in there. The staff aren't overly cold but make it seem like they're going out of their way to do anything extra. The major plus of this place is its location in the city. It's an easy walk to pretty much everything we wanted to see. I would stay here again if on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple