“Very hard to find”

Day and Night Hotel
Australia
“Very hard to find”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Booked room on 27/11 couldn't find this place with helped from local still very hard to find. No sign or number what so ever. Main entrance like bloody down town market with lots people and dirty, got to 10 floor (reception) took lots effort with lift so small and waiting time. Paid the room ( non refundable) we left because it wasn't good environment for me and no fire exist, no putting my life at risk.

Room Tip: Pay extra go for different hotel specially traveling with kids
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SharonDarwin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

If you are on a budget, this place is it. Clean and cozy. The staff and owner are nice...way too nice than the Chinese owners from other hostels (not being a racist here but I can really tell from my experience). The owners (not sure if they're from India or from the middle east) are hospitable and I think they are just misunderstood and stereotyped. Enjoyed my stay (5days/4nights). The place is very secured. The rooms are small but not complaining because you not gonna spend the entire day in the room anyway.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank sphilipp
uk
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I made the mistake of booking into this hotel for two nights, as Hong Kong was booked out due to a number of trade shows. The hotel was expensive because of the show, and I assumed it would comparable to a three star.. I travel for work a lot and normally stay in minimum 3 stars and generally four stars hotels, so possibly my view of this hotel could be colored by wrong expectations, but in my opinion this type of hotel, which at best could be described as a hostel should not be given any star rating at all, and it is really misleading to give it a star rating, I checked into my room, cupboard might be a more appropriate term, and on opening the toilet seat noticed insects flying around and swimming inside the toilet. I assumed it could be from an air vent above the toilet, flushed the toilet, cleaned the toilet myself and shut the toilet seat. That night, and the next morning it repeated itself. The bugs must have been living somehow in the toilet and water. It was reflection of the general situation in the hotel. I checked out the next morning even though I had paid in advance for two nights. I explained why to the manager and owner who sit at the front desk every day. They sent an employee to check who told them, yes it is true, there are bugs and insects living inside the toilet. I told them I am leaving, but due to the general situation look, and atmosphere of the front desk staff did not think it advisable to ask for a refund, No offer was made to refund for either the night spent or night not yet spent in the place..

Room Tip: do not go near the place
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mmz123

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Male
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel last September. The rooms are new but very small. The toilet is very small, so when you take shower the whole place will be wet. When i requested for additional pillow and blanket, I had to call 4-5 times before it gets delivered. Yes, tea, hot water and microwave are available but you will never use them as it is very dirty. You can even see their staff sleeping on the walk way. The location is good as it's close to the train stations however i don't feel safe. Too many Pakistani and Bangladeshi scalpers on the ground floor. It looks like a public market with all the stalls selling Indian food, phone cards etc. You have to que for a long time as the lift are very small. We are actually taking which ever lift is available and use the back stairs but it is very dirty and so smelly. If you are looking for a cheap hotel or if you are on a budget trip, do not stay in this hotel if you do not want to get disappointed. We even got stranded for 2 days because of the typhoon but we didn't go back to this hotel and booked another hotel which is much better and also located in Nathan road.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The rooms are kept clean and tidy by jen, who was very nice. John, the Manager was very acomodating as well. I love that it has free tea, hot water, and microwave. The hotel is at Chungking Mansions, which is at the heart of Nathan Road, its actually walking distance to almost everywhere. If you're going to Hongkong and youre on a budget, i definitely recommend Day and Night!

Room Tip: choose rooms on the 10th floor, plus my friend and i booked the triple bedroom so that we can have o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank yem2013
Kunming, China
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed in Day & Night Hotel for 3 nights. I would have said that it was a pretty good experience if I hadn't met some of their employee (or boss).

The first day, I arrived early in the morning so I asked for an early check-in. They told me that it was possible, but the room was in another floor because the one I payed for was still occupied. As the boss owns several guesthouses in the same building, he putted me in "Singh Guesthouse". I accepted and I took that room.

After two nights here, I asked to visit the room I was supposed to have at the beginning (the room I actually payed for!) in Day & Night Hotel. I found that this room was much bigger, much newer, and much better equipped that the one I had. Naturally, I asked to change to that room as it was available... Surprise! The employee (maybe he is one of the bosses) asked me to ad 50HK$ per night to have this one! I tried to negotiate to get what I had paid for, but he didn't accept any of my arguments. Moreover he has been quite disagreeable (not far from rude!) with me and all the other customers who tried to obtain anything from him such as a receipt... which he refuses to give for “god knows” which reason.

To conclude, the rooms are small but seems to be pretty nice, even if I didn't even sleep in one of them! The price is quite cheap for Hong Kong standard (as long as they don't ask you to pay more than you already did). Unfortunately, I remain a bit disapointed because of this lack of service and professionalism. I finished my Hong Kong journey in another hostel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Chris4487
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked the hotel through internet from 4-9 August 2013. Due to emergency situation I have to delay our arrival and my wife and son went earlier than me. The flight was so late they showed around 23.00hrs midnight.

When she showed the payment receipt on her cell phone, the man on the front desk borrowed her phone cell, browsing curiously for quite a long time looking for something as if he was suspicious of the booking confirmation showed to him.

So there were my wife and son. An alien woman with a teenage son, perplexed in the middle of the night in a foreign city. And the man on the front desk showing no mercy told her that she was late and no room for her...

Later I found out the hotel policy written at the bottom of the booking receipt:
"This booking is Non-Refundable and cannot be amended or modified. Failure to arrive at your hotel will be treated as a No-Show and no refund will be given (Hotel policy)"

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family