“the most helpful people in hk”
Review of Canada Hotel

Canada Hotel
Ranked #57 of 269 Hong Kong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

we we're kicked out from our hostel in mongkong the owner sold our room to others even were alreaddy paid online. i came to them but theyre fully booked but managed to helped us to get other room in mongkong. thank you so much.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hani T

Reviewed 28 January 2014

There is no hotel. The official guest house called Canada Hotel is in Block-A where they have a counter called reception. They push most of the guests to another Block (E Block, 11th Floor) where they have an illegal guest house without any staff or reception. Safety of the guests is in God's hands here. I was told that due to overbooking, they needed me to stay in Block-E. After seeing the so called Double Room, I could not believe, I had paid 430 HKD per night for sleeping in a place like that. The total size of the cabin was 6x5.5 feet that included a 6x3.5 feet bed. The linen was green so the guest would not be able to make out if it was clean or not. There was not even enough space to keep the one bag I was carrying. I just had to push the bad under the bed. Getting ready in this hole takes double the normal time because the there is no place to even stand properly after a shower. The bathroom itself is just 2x2 feet. What a scam. The next morning I saw some other cabins in this Illegal guest house and found that some of those were larger than the one they gave me. The housekeeping staff told me that I was travelling alone so they had given me a single room. Then why they charged me for a Double Room? I had booked Double for comfort, not to give charity to these frauds. My complaint to hostelbookers.com did not yield any result, so next time I am not going to use hostelbookers.com either. I learnt that most of the guest houses in Chung King Mansions rent "rooms" at 200 HKD per day. Walk-in guest get better rooms because they can see the room before paying. Guests who pre-book with online sites get cheated. The Lift leading up to 11th Floor was always full so going up and down was also a hassle. Will never stay at Chung King Mansions again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank dilli_desi
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Recently had the misfortune of staying at this so called hotel.I fail to understand as to how hongkong allows such places to even call themselves hotels and mislead tourists on paying online...poor service...filthy rooms..very bad experience

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Muhammad K
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We took the bus A21 from to the hotel, 33 HK$/person, but Nathan road is so jammed so we get out at stop 11 and walk ~800m to Chungking mansion. Normally you would get off at stop 14, next to its entrance.

The hotel reception is on 15th floor Block A. You walk about 5 meters in to the building entrance and look to the left. Take the lift on the right side (lift number 2) to 15th floor. Check in is very quick, we were given a room on 11th floor block E (lift number 9 and 10) deeper in the building. They did not hold any money and we were told just leave the key in our room when we check out.

We ask for a room with window and promptly given one, albeit with view to other blocks in the mansion, not street view :D

The room is very small, about 2mx3m. It only has enough space for a small bed, a small toilet and space to open the door. You'll have to put your luggage under your bed.
The bed is quite small. I'm only 1.7m, 75kg and I almost filled the bed. Lucky my wife is rather small. If you are any bigger than us, ask for a room with bigger bed. The room is clean, the mattress is comfortable. The room is cleaned everyday.

In block A, you will need to queue for the lift most of the time. At peak time, there are 50 people and luggage waiting. The lifts are small and can only take about 7 each trip. However, in the deeper block, the queue, if any, is much smaller. We never had to wait more than 3 minutes to get in to the lift. A trick when going up is if you go to the odd floor but the even floor lift is free, you can go 1 floor up/down then use the fire stair to walk to your level.

The rooms at 11th floor, block E have very strong WIFI signal and it's blazing fast.

The best thing about the hotel is its location. Less than 500m walk to Star Avenue, Star Ferry, Kowloon park, myriad of shopping center, McDonald, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, bars and many dim-sum restaurants; TST MTR exit right next to the door, A21 bus stop to airport 100m up the road.

Overall, we are satisfy with our stay at the Canada Hotel and very likely will stay here again in our next visit.

Room Tip: ask for a room with windows even though you can only see other blocks
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LinhPham
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is not the kind of place you want to book if you are looking for the same the quality as a Premier Inn say. But if you just need somewhere to shower, sleep and dump your bags then it is fine. If you can ask for a room with a window otherwise it will feel super claustrophobic as the room are tiny. Stay there for one night. Above review is about this hotel /guesthouse is a upgrade hotel. It is true, at least you get your toilet and shower. Without sharing with other guest, which is great for location and price. Manager was nice and friendly. Good for Indian persons if you need Indian food without wasting your time because this hotel is in Chung King Mansions the place where all Indian peoples visit when the travel Hong Kong.......

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stay there for two nights. Its was a great hotel.

Manager was nice and think with his guest. Which I can't say about another hotel/guesthouse in the same building (going to write my review too there).

Clean hotel, nice staff, free Wi-Fi, price is very good for location.

Advise to other people to stay at this hotel when you want to in central and clean and cheap stay.

Only one remark: at entrance of the building. It is a bit shady at night. A lot of foreigners leaving there too. Not really suitable for small children.

1  Thank Outlaw88
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This is not the kind of place you want to book if you are looking for the same the quality as a Premier Inn say. But if you just need somewhere to shower, sleep and dump your bags then it is fine. If you can ask for a room with a window otherwise it will feel super claustrophobic as the room are tiny. But other than that it was okay!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple