“Brilliant gem just away from the bustle”

Hotel Madera Hong Kong
Ranked #33 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Checked in today and have been exceptionally impressed.

I received a room upgrade from the King Suite to the penthouse suite with two levels. Terrific view looking back over Kowloon towards the Harbour. The little touches like energy saving lighting (with 'mood' setting), B&O & Sony appliances everywhere and an actually useful kitchenette which is hidden away behind bi-fold doors are all around terrific.

Can't talk up the room more! Overall the hotel is pretty chill, check-in took no more than 3 or 4 minutes. The panorama lounge bar is a bit too swanky or me but it's got a great view. The cafe is much more my style, but lacks some holiday beverages (namely anything with alcohol in it...).

Just disappointed I didn't book for longer!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Seqo

Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

We went to Hongkong for my birthday celebration and stayed here because the YMCA was full. I'm glad we did, because this hotel is a jem, especially for an expensive area. It's right near the Jordan MRT and, just after a turn in the corner, you'll be right on Nathan Road. Take the airport bus A21 to get here at the cheapest rate -- 33 hkd only per person. The staff was very accomodating and very polite. The breakfast isn't much but enough just to fire up your system in the morning. Love the pipe-in music in the bathroom too! It makes for a relaxing shower, especially when your feet ache after a long day out in HK. You won't go wrong with this place!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank gjchan
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I love the style and colour of the room, very modern and comfortable. Room size is reasonable and has everything, security safe, pillow menu, wifi, kettle for coffee and instant noodles, bathroom is well equiped and has mood music. I really liked the buttons for the lights which tells you what each button is for so you don't spend heaps of time trying to work things out. I requested for a late check in (at 1am in the morning) which wasn't an issue and, in fact, the front desk worked out who I was as I entred which made me feel really VIP. Complimentry 1st round on the mini bar! Jordan MTR station within mins walk, heaps of bus options on Nathan Road virtually at your doorstep. In summary, will return and will recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank qldbilly
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I am deeply impressed with the Madera Hotel after staying there for 3 nites. Being a frequent visitor to HK, I reckon the stay at Madera is listed as one of my best experiences with HK hotels.

Every staff I encountered in the hotel is friendly and helpful. I am deeply impressed with the advice they offered me whenever i have any queries. From the extremely helpful bellboy(forgot his name, the guy without the glasses) to the friendly counter staff and manager, well done.

I also enjoy the complimentry breakfast and mini bar. Very nice gesture fom the hotel. The gallery is also an unforgetable experience.

My only complaint is the carpet in my room, it virtually shed hair everyday thus causing alot of lumps of hair on the carpet. Other than that, this is a hotel with good location & excellent service.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Dominic_Ho
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights on business. Brand new hotel in Jordan - very close to MTR, so very easy to get around.

Rooms are small (as are an awful lot of hotel rooms in HK), but comfortable. I was very kindly upgraded to a larger room after 3 nights.

To be honest, I would have given this hotel a 4 star rating - but one thing changed this - the Staff are superb! I was greeted by name all the time (including remembering my room number) - they helped me out with everything from ordering food to my room, to restaurant recommendations (which were spot on) to transport.
One gentleman in particular (and I forgot his name I am sorry to say) was always there for me and amazed me with his level of service.

Price was extremely competitive for this time of year in HK.

Would come back, mainly for the service.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank iaru
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Stayed further up Nathan Road this trip to Hong Kong, because Tsim Sha Tsui hotels were either fully booked or charging usurious rates for the Canton Fair. One station further up the MRT red line--Jordan--and there is this gem of a hotel, The Madera. Small rooms, typical of HK, but uber-stylishly fitted out. Tres chic. And great value for HK, IMO. A lovely library-like-cafe on the third floor for coffee and pastries. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The two down-sides were (1) you can't open the windows and have to rely on the air-con (but this is typical in high-rise HK hotels) and (2) the room had a stronger than desirable scent of air-freshener. I suspect that the previous guest had smoked or eaten durian in the room. Neither were irritating enough to prevent me staying again - I'll definitely choose the Madera over more expensive Tsim Sha Tsui options next time again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BenS836
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Perfectly located: 3 min walking to Jordan MTR station, around the corner from Nathan street (Kowloon Tsim Sha Tsui disctrict) with easy access distance to shops, malls, restaurants. About 30 min walking from the river promenade, museums and star ferry terminal.
Best service: hotel's team is friendly and eager to help/assist in any matter, print boarding pass etc.
A modern hotel, perfectly designed and executed to accomodate the modern traveler's needs - ample space to work & charge your cell phone, laptop etc.; first free refill of the minibar, wonderful layout of room and attention to small details - such as scales...
would definately revisit!!!!