Hotel Madera Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
Shangri-La.com
US$195
US$183
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$158
US$182
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$225
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$78
Hotel Direct
1,033 results
All reviewsrooftop barjordan mtrjacuzzi bathtubnathan roadgrand deluxegames roomdeluxe double roomjordan areamini barhandy smart phoneshort blocksthe penthousethe temple street night marketnice boutique hotelnathan rdinternational callsmobile phone
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely Hotel in great location. Spotlessly clean and very trendy. Cracking rooftop panoramic bar and full of quirks. Walking distance to Jordan MRT and very close to the ferry port . We had a great weekend and recommend this hotel. Nathan road is brilliant busy and great for shopping etc. Avenue of stars is around 20 mins walk. For location and all the modern touches the Madera hotel scores 4/5. A pool would make this 5/5.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The style and the freshness of this hotel make it superb,I am satisfy about my choice: Rooms are large, with modern and contemporary style, The location was good. Everything you want and need from a hotel is provided here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Madera Hotel and overall we really liked it. Excellent location if you like the hustle and bustle of Nathan Road, a short stroll to the famous HK nights markets plus it's only a quick hop round the corner for Jordan's MTR station. There is free Wi-fi available, free (1st round) drinks from the mini-bar, the hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.
There just have one small change I would make with the bathrooms in the smaller rooms. We stayed for two nights, then a quick trip to Macau and back again to the Madera for a further 6 days. We were bumped up to a suite by the desk clerk for the first two nights, hoping we would upgrade ourselves on our return, but who spends that much time in their hotel room when you're on holiday, how different could two rooms be? Little did we know, eh? We dropped from floor 28 to floor 15 and the size of the room dropped also. In my opinion, the smaller 'double' would be perfect for single occupancy. It was clean and stylish much like it's bigger cousin 13 floors up but here is why I think it would be better as a single room. Bedroom and bathroom is divided by a ‘part’ frosted window! Wow factor? Yes, practical…I’m not convinced. There's about six inches of wall then a foot of 'plain' glass then frosted all the way to the top. The toilet faces that window and with the lighting coming from the bathroom, even the frosted glass did nothing to hide what was going on inside the bathroom. Luckily my boyfriend and I are fairly comfortable with each other but there are things I'd like to keep private. New couples or people of more conservative faiths, beware. What I'm really saying is, ladies.... if you're staying in the smaller rooms, pick the right time in the month - if you know what I mean.... Otherwise upgrade!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ViviLau
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel was a bit out of the way but this was compensated for by the nice finishes in the hotel.
There is a lot of attention to texture which made the room pleasant - bathroom was lined in rough marble, there is a lot of glass and wood - even the wall paper had textural variation.

A highlight was discovering the long, deep bathtub was a jacuzzi and that it plays jazz. I called it the 'jazzuzzi' and spent many hours there.The hotel provides Evelyn & Crabtree products which seemed exciting but they weren't very organic or luxe feeling. The main ingredient in all of them seemed to be 'laurel sulfate'.

The beddings are nice enough. The mattress was a bit hard for my liking but the sheet were OK and the pillows were soft.

There is no room service provided but the hotel manual helpfully points out that you can eat at 'Macdonald, KFC or Pizza Hut'.

I asked to placed 'as high as possible' as it 29 storey building. They very gracefully placed me on the sixth floor (there are no rooms on floors 1,2,3, or 4) so I am grateful I wasn't put on floor 5! The hotel wasn't even that full so I'm not sure why my request wasn't accommodated. To be honest there was a bit of noise from the street as it is near but not on Nathan Road. If I was higher up I don't think it would have been as apparent.

The hotel staff were pretty friendly by Hong Kong standards.

The rooms aren't large at all but a decent size for Hong Kong. They are really well thought out. The lighting system is so complicated. It was like trying to enter the Matrix turning off all the lights, using the computerised control system. I can't imagine why you would need such a myriad of lighting combinations unless you were dating the world's most beautiful man and you wanted to study him forensically under as many different lighting concepts as possible on your 200 day honeymoon.

There is a cool rooftop bar on the 29th Floor with spectacular 360 views. The hotel cafe is set up like a cute English Library. The staff were sweet and the coffee was good but the actual breakfast on offer was not worth eating. I tried the 'full breakfast' - two hard boiled eggs served with a pink sausage. I couldn't finish it. The 'continental breakfast' was a croissant, an english muffin and an escargot pastry. Kind of expensive for lots of white flour.

I was a bit annoyed that the clock in my room was an hour out of time and it took two days for the hotel to fix it as I missed my first meeting on my first full day in HKK as a direct result of this.

Finally I have to say I would stay here again. It was good value for money and the room was very comfortable. It's easy to get around as it is right next to Nathan Road.

Room Tip: Stay as high as you can, it can be noisy around here
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher-Hus... B
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Just got back from from our stay there and the 4 of us agree that, for a boutique hotel, it was awesome! Just about 2 blocks away from Jordan MTR, this hotel is ideally located just off Nathan Road for forays into Mong Kok or straight down to the Ave of Stars or all the way to Causeway Bay. The shuttle express from Kowloon Train Station; K1, will drop you off at Eaton Hotel, just 100m away from Madera.
Service and staff were very helpful, polite and extremely service oriented. While it's limited in terms of a hotel restaurant or bar, the optional breakfast at the Cafe is a nice relaxing change from the hustle of the local city masses. The muffins were excellent!
IMHO, one of the better boutique hotels I've been in and I won't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: The twin sharing rooms have 2 basins, so a plus for friends hitting the wash basin at the same time.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends