“Perfect location”

Hotel Madera Hong Kong
Ranked #28 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 August 2014

As we were just spending a couple of days in the city, we were looking for a hotel in a central location, this one was just right in the middle of everything, walking distance to the markets and 10 minutes walk to the harbour to croos to the other site of the city for restaurants and discover the city. The service and room were also great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Viatgerdelondon

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed for 5 nights at this hotel in TST/Jordan Kowloon and it was fabulous. I was upgraded to a premium room on the 26th floor (thank you Madera staff) and it was well appointed, stylish, roomy and clean.

The rooftop bar was great for views of the city and a latte in the chic lounge on the 3rd floor was a great way to start each day.

Will be my 1st choice on my next trip to HK.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (for the view) and you might be lucky with a similar upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jon D
Alvin Y, Hotel Manager at Hotel Madera Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Jon D

I was delighted to read your kind words about our hotel, the room layout and our team. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and you took the time to write a review and share your experience. Your willingness to offer feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are also grateful that you choose us as "1st choice" on your next trip to Hong Kong. We hope to welcome you again soon and do feel free to contact me directly for any future visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

All new and good. Just room air con very noisy. Seem not enough cool and something wrong.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank viccming
Alvin Y, Hotel Manager at Hotel Madera Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear viccming

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apology for the disturbance during your stay which ruined your experience but much appreciated your constructive comments which is essential for our improvement.

The above-mentioned defect is well-noted and has been addressed with my Engineering Team for immediate remedial work. Again, my sincere apologies for your disappointment and hope you would stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at the Madera for 5 nights at the beginning of July. We reserved a King Size room and were not disappointed. It was clean, spacious and bright with a generous sized bathroom. We had breakfast included with our package and it was a pleasure to visit Cafe 1997 each morning. They provide a good variety of breakfasts, from continental to energy breakfast (fruit, sandwich) and excellent coffee. Emily and Chelsea were so friendly and welcoming, always had a minute to talk and ask us our plans for the day.
We also used the Horizonte Lounge upstairs. Lovely cocktails and a fabulous panoramic view of the city.
There is a also a very interesting museum downstairs which takes you back to Hong Kong in times gone by.
Overall, an excellent hotel, perfect location - steps away from Nathan Road and Jordon station.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I and two teenage girls spent four nights in two rooms ( one Grand Deluxe King and one Grand Deluxe Twin) on the 20th floor of this boutique hotel situated in the Jordan area of Kowloon. The rooms both had views over the city and were very quiet, spacious by Hong Kong standards, nicely designed and well equipped, including two televisions, reliable WIFI and a stocked complimentary mini bar. The bathrooms were large and well appointed. The front desk staff spoke excellent English and were extremely helpful. The location was excellent, being a few minutes walk from two MRT stations and on a major bus route. For a hotel in an expensive city like Hong Kong we found it to be excellent value and would not hesitate to stay at the Madera next time we are in Hong Kong. The only reason that it did not get a five star rating from me is that I have a personal preference for boutique hotels with a little traditional warmth and charm and the Madera is very sleek and modern.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Siwa08
Alvin Y, Hotel Manager at Hotel Madera Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Siwa08

I was delighted to read your kind words about our hotel, its location, rooms, facilities and our team. We are so happy you and your family enjoyed the stay and you took the time to write a review and share your experience. Your willingness to offer feedback is greatly appreciated.

Should you be returning to Hong Kong with friends, family or any reason we hope you think of us at Hotel Madera Hong Kong.

We hope to welcome you again soon, do feel free to contact me directly for any future visit.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

3 minute from Jordan station. Beautuful and clean rooms. A pretty cafe with excellent coffee on 3rd floor. 2 Starbucks in 3 minute walking distance. Shuttle bus to and from the express train for airport is 2 blocks away at the front of Eaton Hotel. I never had to use taxi from this hotel. A nice supermarket nearby and tons of local eats and bakery cafes. Night markets in next blocks. 20 minute walk to Star Ferry and Harbor Shopping. Everything is so easy and convenient from this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank 96,720
Alvin Y, Hotel Manager at Hotel Madera Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear 96720

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in Hotel Madera Hong Kong with the Trip Advisor community, it was a privilege being your host in Hong Kong.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I can start by saying that this is my first review on tripadvisor and it's because I was so impressed with this hotel that I felt compelled to share my experience. The hotel is in a perfect location close to everything you would want to do in Hong Kong. It's a short walk to a long strip of a market of vendors selling all sorts of stuff. It's also a short cab ride away from most of the ferry terminals and about 25 mins away from the airport. The hotel was super clean and the staff was extremely friendly. Our room was ready right away and the check in process was less than 5 mins. Upon entering our room on the 26th floor, we were sort of surprised that the rooms were rather small but not uncomfortably small. My brother and I are both over 6 foot tall and we were worried we would be uncomfortable on the 2 twin beds but that wasn't the case. We both had excellent night sleeps. The view from room 2603 was spectacular and overlooked most of the city and perfect view of the sunset. On the 29th floor is their rooftop bar, which had amazing views of practically 360 degrees of the entire city and was a nice starting point to have a few drinks before we went out for a night on the town. This is where we watched the light show that the city puts on with the participating hotels in the area. AWESOME! A nice extra amenity is that this hotel provides each room with a Smartphone that you could carry around with you around the city to use as a translator and GPS which came in EXTREMELY handy and it also had free calls to the US among other countries. I would stay here again and again and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Lower floors have views of run down buildings.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alex K
Alvin Y, Hotel Manager at Hotel Madera Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Alex K

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Madera Hong Kong.

It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Premier Suite. The decor, furnishing, bedding and all of the guest room amenities were carefully selected to exacting standards.

I am also very happy to hear that your experience with our associates was memorable. Our associates are very intuitive and work hard to ensure your every need is not only met, but exceeded.

It is wonderful to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the property for another five star experience.