“Apple Hotel in Causeway Bay”
Review of Apple Hotel

Apple Hotel
Ranked #517 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Good things first- location is fantastic.. 5 mins walk to Times Square for shopping and the MTR. Walking distance to Sogo and other shops. Eateries around the area and safe to walk back at night around 11pm for single female (but do take precaution as with any major city). Hotel room is clean n toilets too.. plus free wifi in room!

Downside some rooms are tiny. Bring your own hand soap (I had to buy my own liquid soap and donated to hotel on my last day). Can hear next door rooms showering and tap running sounds. Dingy staircase to hotel.

Will definitely stay there next year if I am going alone cos room is too small for 2 persons.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor rooms otherwise you have a long wait for the lift which serves so many floors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I agree with other posters that this is a reasonable place for solo travellers on a budget who do not want to share a dorm. The rooms are minute. If you are a couple it would be "cozy" to say the least. Friendly staff, very clean bathroom, free wifi & convenient location, if you want to be in Causeway Bay, make this a good option.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1 as it is right by the door where other guests enter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed this week. Hotel is inside an older building and shares floor space with many rent by the hour room only hotels. The staff all Philippines where very helpful and obliging and easy check in and out process at hole in the wall office. The rooms as you could expect are small, I would say very very small but the bed was comfortable. I am a very frequent asian solo traveller and 5 star never fits my budget. This would be cramped for 2 people but i did notice I was the only westerner staying here. Many couples and twin travellers. The rooms i have to say was VERY clean. My room no 3 was larger with a window to the street and a work desk, fridge, aircon, fan etc. Location was good, but then again I booked the location to be close to my meeting venue. I would probably stay again if the area was the determining factor. One word of warning the was major jack hammering going on in the building check this is still the case when you book. It was really loud.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Greg E
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Hotel was in a good location 5 minutes from Time Square. Also 5 minutes from metro station and 7/11 shop across the road. Hotel reception does not do it justice. The rooms are compact with small bathroom and little space. As space is a premium in Hong Kong, this hotel in a prime location is good value. I found the rooms were very clean and although staff do not speak much English they would always try and help you.
I look forward to staying there in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are much the same and all on the same floor. It is room only, there are no facilities, no...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol L
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Don't expect frills with this place. Room very small. We had a "double" bed, expect to sleep very close to your bedmate as bed more like 3/4 size. Toilets continued to run if hot water tank on. Had a cockroach in our room one night. Can't check in after 10pm and there is no hotel staff there after 10pm at all. Location was great with the MTR right around the corner. Place was slightly difficult to find at first as no signage on the street level. Other then that the linens were clean and room cleaned every day. Ps don't forget the $500hk deposit on the first night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ottawa-travellers201
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was the tiniest room I have ever stayed in, but that was ok with me. I was one person. For two people or for someone tall, this would have been a problem. I slept diagonal on the bed, so it was fine.
The rooms were clean, good location and staff were fine. My room smelled like pickles much of the time and my tiolet didn't work for two days. I told them each day and they fixed it. The third day, it was fine. There was also major construction going on in the building, 8:45am drilling starts. It's really loud, no way to escape it.
On the plus side, free wifi which worked really well!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank J L
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Found this place on Agoda and stayed two nights.

Here's what I like -

1) The two staff - Deliah and Jasmine are very friendly (I hope I spelled their names right!), and played a huge part in making our stay feel great!

2) Clean room - the rooms are small but we've come to expect this of Hong Kong guesthouses. There's space to store our luggage under the bed. No real complains here.

3) Great location - Times Square is just a street or two away. It's near lots of shopping areas (Sogo, etc) and Causeway Bay MTR station.

4) Affordable - it cost about the same as a guesthouse we stayed at Tsim Sha Tsui previously.

5) Bed was very comfortable.

Things to note:

1) This is basically a no frills place with an eye for design and cleanliness. The reception is just a desk at the entrance.

2) On the same floor are other 'rent by the hour' guesthouses - we weren't bothered by them and nobody bothered us either.

3) The aircon in our room isn't exactly quiet, but we had no problems falling asleep.

4) The shower/toilet in our room is separated by a curtain - this may be a problem if you want to have a solid door. We didn't have a problem with this, and I'm guessing couples may actually appreciate this.

5) We were not aware of a HK$500 deposit - this was not a problem but we wished it could have been highlighted to us when we booked the room.

Will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends