Butterfly on Victoria
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Equinox Mercury(Hong Kong)
  • Pool
iclub Fortress Hill Hotel(Hong Kong)
1,514 results
All reviewstin haucauseway bayair purifierpacific coffeemtr stationhandy phonepocket wifiexecutive roomconvenient locationboutique hotelrooms are smalllocal callsminute walkbus stopfree smartphoneexcellent locationenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Booked 2 rooms for our family trip, but on the last few days before the trip we had to make changes on our itinerary, e-mailed them about my situation and they gladly helped fix my booking.
The Hotel is clean and very accessible to very good but affordable noodle houses and very accessible to the MTR (5 min walk with my 5 year old daughter).
The staff is courteous and willing to help, we asked what to ride going to a certain place only accessible by bus and they gladly pointed out where, what time and what stop to go off. Those extra personal touches are very appreciated.
Rooms are clean, bathroom is sanitized and a staff you can trust, we forgot to keep our laptop and gadgets inside the safe but when we came back everything was there all accounted for and neatly placed on the side table.
Will definitely stay at Butterfly on Victoria again on our next trip. The room size is just right, not too small and not too big (you don't need a big room unless your gonna go ballroom dancing in it), the location is peaceful and very accessible to everything you need.

Room Tip: Pick a corner room, it's more spacious
1  Thank R_Verano
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for staying at Butterfly on Victoria. We hope you had a splendid trip and that you had fun traveling around the city. We are pleased that our guest services team has impressed you much, this is definitely encouraging! Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you again during your next visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I picked this hotel because of its location and price, the room we had was small as expected, but OK because we spent most of our time outside anyway. My biggest complaint was the lack of enforcement to ensure a smoke-free environment. We were given a non smoking room on a non smoking floor, imagine the surprise we got when the elevator door opened to five people smoking in the hallway outside our room (a definite fire hazard, to say the least). We went into our smoke-filled room and called the front desk. Someone did come and told the offenders not to smoke, but they all went inside one room and continued to smoke anyway. I called the front desk again and I was told there's nothing more they could do. (Ever heard of a penalty/surcharge for cleaning and deodorizing ?) We asked to change rooms and was told the hotel was full. Needless to say, we had our worst night trying to sleep in our smoky room. I will not stay in this hotel again unless they can enforce one simple rule - No smoking means no smoking !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph C

Thank you for your comments and we are very sorry to such an unpleasant experience you had. At Butterfly on Victoria, our guest services team strives to provide the best accommodations for all of our guests which in your case, we have fallen short on our mission. Please accept our sincere apology for that.

Comfort is basic yet the most important aspect we offer our guests. After reviewing the situation, we admit there are room of improvement for us on handling and resolving the issue.We truly hope you would consider to stay with us again for a much improved experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I searched through a lot of hotels around Hong Kong before we finally decided to stay in Butterfly on Victoria. We had to consider the distance of the hotel from the MTR station, surrounding restaurants and shops and also how the neighborhood looked like since we will be travelling with a 5 year old. Thanks to Google maps and it's street views, we were able to scout the location of this hotel before we actually reserved our room. And Butterfly on Victoria had all of the requirements we needed for our stay in HK.

True enough it was easy to find, upon arriving in Hong Kong, it only took us about 30 mins. to reach the hotel via MTR. From Exit A of Tin Hau, it took us around 8 to 10 mins. walk to reach the hotel lobby (and it will actually take you a lot faster if you don't have a child with you.)

This hotel offers the most transportation options as well, you can take the bus, the tram or taxi, all of these have stations near the hotel.

For Dining, they have a lot! From noodle and dimsum houses, small food kiosks, a bakery, McDonalds and 7/11, all of these were just lined around the block.

The neighborhood was pretty safe, we didn't feel awkward walking around at night. Lots of food shops were still open even if it was late already.

Noise level, you can sometimes hear the vehicles that pass by but it was tolerable since we were at the 12th floor.

The hotel interior was really nice. Modern and very clean, the air smells good too. Good job for the maintenance staff of the hotel.

The room was spacious, I was expecting it to be small but I think the space is just right if you're just staying for a few days. My daughter loved the little butterflies on the bed, nice touch to welcome the guests.

The only problem we had in our room (1207) was the door of our shower area, a little water would spill out every time we shower because the lower rubber seal of the shower door is missing. (You guys need to replace that or else you'll get complaints from your future guests.)

But that didn't ruin our stay, we slept well and truly enjoyed staying in this hotel. We would always come home to find our room clean with fresh new towels and toiletries.

The hotel staff were very friendly and very helpful. They even allowed us to have an early check-in. We will definitely come back when we visit Hong Kong again.

1  Thank applejack598
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thanks so much for your detailed and positive review! We are very pleased to hear your great words about our hotel and guest services team, on the other hand we will also pay attention on the shortcomings you've mentioned regarding your guest room's shower area.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The location of the hotel is very good. It is in decent condition, and kept clean. The service was very good. I saw all the reviews here about the small hotel rooms, but they still didn't prepare me for the microscopic size of my room. I'm glad I got the larger deluxe room, I still felt cramped, and would have liked to see their superior rooms because I'm curious how you can physically make a room smaller than mine. I guess that is Hong Kong - high prices, space is limited.

Room Tip: Get a superior room at your own peril
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for choosing Butterfly on Victoria. As you have mentioned, space is quite compacted in a city like Hong Kong. Hence, we do put in a lot of effort to maximize our room layouts for the comforts of our guests. We hope you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

LOCATION: It was my family's first time to HK (2 adults, 6 year old and 2 year old). The hotel is literally a 2-minute walk from Tin Hau station (blue line) which is I believe 3 or 4 stops from Central from where you can go lots of places already. No breakfast available from the hotel itself but right beside the hotel lobby is a Cantonese restaurant (Dragon something) and there are also lots of other small Chinese/Korean/Thai restaurants literally 10 steps away across the street for a quick meal. A McDonalds is also literally on the next corner (1 minute walk) for those who need a familiar snack. This was a godsend for us since our kids will readily eat McDonald's food if they don't like to try the local stuff. There is also a Mannings and a Watsons (like a 7-11) that are 3 minutes away across the street for any emergency toiletries/medicines, etc. The lobby also has a nice scent to it and 2 macs are available for use by guests.

ROOM: Bedroom was ok; we had 2 single beds pushed up against each other to make an almost king-sized bed. Aircon was cold; LCD TV was ok size 42". Wi-Fi was fast (result onspeedtest.net 6mbps download/3mpbs upload) even if the Wi-Fi icon on our phones/ipad could only pick up 1 bar. I didn't bother to find where the strongest signal was as the speed was fast enough even for 1 bar. Bathroom was nice and minimalist/modern, clean most importantly. Water pressure was very strong, hot and cold available so no problems there. Towels were good and thick and replaced by room service daily. A selection of quick tea/coffee is available on the dresser near the tv with a kettle. Ref is typical hotel-sized ref, but not that cold. I checked and I don’t think the ref temperature could be adjusted, I couldn’t see a dial/button anywhere in it. Room was a fair size, not big, but comfy enough for our family size of 2+2. I forgot to request a room with a nicer view upon check-in, the view we had was of 2 apartment/condos were we could see the Chinese families inside their little apartments. Not good, but not bad either.

STAFF: Staff was courteous and helpful, and could speak English ok. No problems at all there.

OVERALL: I would recommend this hotel and are likely coming back to it in October since the place is now familiar to us and we know what to expect. Nice one Butterfly!

1  Thank shauntot

Thank you for your positive review and we hope you and your family enjoyed staying with us at Butterfly on Victoria.

We are glad that our room facilities and services were up to your expectation as we strive to make every guest’s stay a memorable one. Do make your reservations with us directly when you book for your stay in October and let us know about your room preference, we will surely assign the room with views that most enjoyable for you.

Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to serving you again in October!