“Comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #85 of 717 Hotels in Hong Kong
Vancouver, Canada
“Comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed at this location bewteen March 26- April 05. Loved the direct access to the Popcorn mall and Tseung Kwan O MTR station. I've been staying at various hotels in Hong Kong, and probably I feel this Holiday Inn is one of the more satisfying stays I've had. The rooms feel really fresh and spacious... very comfortable stay. This location does not provide any in room amenities such as: shower and bath gel and refridgerator. Although it wasn't a big issue to me, but these little details may be significant to others. But I would prefer to have a fridge in my room. Holiday Inn by standard in the United States offers buffet breakfast, at this location in Hong Kong it offered set meals. We were given vouchers to redeem for breakfast each morning, although never happened to wake up early enough each morning. One thing it probably irritated me was that, one morning a foreigner guest was having breakfast in the restaurant, alongside with her meal she asked for a dish of fruits that was served. Therefore I thought it was okay for me to ask for a plate of fruits as my partner would've appreciated it. The server advised me that my voucher was only valid for one set, and fruits wouldn't be part of it. I understood that totally, but I was dissapointed to see inconsistency within their service. I value very customer service very much as myself, I work in the travel service industry as well. Overall, the stay was nice and comfortable and at a Hong Kong standard.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daaaviddd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ichikawa, Japan
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This hotel is located in now developing suburb of Kowloon. It is situated above a shopping mall. And number of malls are connected by air conditioned bridge. You can buy all of the goods in the city except high end branded items.
Staffs are trained very well. They are able to satisfy your needs and more.
Since hotel is new, rooms are very clean and efficiently made. But my room had no fridge.
As HI Express, you get a free breakfast but at this hotel you have to choose from 4 prefixed breakfast menus. I was not impressed with this system. I would prefer more choice.

I recommend this hotel to anybody that has business on Kowloon side.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I am always a Holiday Inn lover because of it's quality, consistency and overall standards on service delivery.

The location the hotel is situated is one of the best & easy access to many specially the MRT

The Sea view just great & can spend whole day with spectacular view. The staff is very attentive.

Nice place.

Room Tip: High up facing the sea
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Natasha V
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at HI Express over Jan 2013 on a short vacation with my husband. The hotel stay surpassed my expectations. I had a room on the 19th floor with a beautiful view of the sea, bright sunshine every morning. The room was very new, very clean and the colours were cheery and pleasant. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves and it was an awesome holiday!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goh Y
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Perfect hotel!!! Very clean room, accommodating staff and not hard to communicate...It's near to Tseung Kwan O station that will connect to any MTR station. Although it's far from Hong Kong City proper but you can take the MTR which is very close to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Macau, Ilhas, Macau
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I booked this hotel for my short trip to Hong Kong. I am staying there as a GOLD member using my Rewards night. The hotel is quite far from the town center but very convenience as the "MTR Tseung Kwan O station" is just right at the hotel basement.

Check in staff is excellent, he greeted me by name after acknowledged that i am their member. The room is well prepared even i am check in early than a normal check in time mentioned. The problem is i did made a reservation for a Twin bedroom through the website because i can't find the king bed. I just realized that the hotel have no king bed but queen size bed instead. I ask for a change to queen bed and it take just a few minute to get the new room. Excellent staff.

The room i got is a partial sea view room, love it!! Room not small as i expected clean, colorful and comfortable. There are two type of pillow placed on the bed, firm and soft. It's another detail that i like, i just have a great sleep.

As a member i get complimentary breakfast. However, i was too lazy to wake up for breakfast just my friend who enjoying it.

Overall, apart of the distance from town center, the rest is just excellent. Brand new, good for escape from crowded city but you may not love it if you have only short time in Hong Kong. Good for tourist which not in a rush!!

I love its green and colorful in the room. Will back to this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mister_AaR0n
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I am actually going to stay here for the second time this weekend. It sounds as if this place is far away from Hong Kong, but its not too bad. Its new and very clean. The service was what really amazed me though, the people were so polite and kind. I would recommend for anyone to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends