“Wonderful Experience, definitely will go back there”

Holiday Inn Express HONG KONG KOWLOON EAST
Ranked #83 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Male
“Wonderful Experience, definitely will go back there”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We arrived in the afternoon in the hotel. It is quiet far from the International Airport yet it is worth the travel. The staff in the reception are really friendly and efficient. They really make sure that they address all my concerns very well. (I forgot the name of that staff but she is really professional and she even know me even if I left the place for 2 days for my trip to China). Our rooom is spacious enough for us and the bed is also comfy.Everything is already in this hotel; accessability from the hotel to the MTR really amazed me just 4-5 minutes from the hotel area. Shopping Mall also is connected in hotel. I will really reccommend this to my friends and relatives who wishes to travel in Hongkong.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and then again 2 nights. The hotel staff were very helpful in storing luggage and provided overall very good service in this new hotel located on top of Tseung Kwun O MTR station. It's not the Mandarin Oriental and not right in the touristy areas and if you are fine with this (we were!!) then this hotel is great in terms of modern rooms, great service, views and convenience of a shopping mall and MTR. The shopping mall complex is huge and there are lots of eateries.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olli M
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is above the Tseung Kwan O, MTR metro station. It is built on reclaimed land and thus everything around it is new.
The single, QB, room I had was big enough to spread out and not fall over ones luggage.
I was on the 23rd floor and was still dwarfed by the 50 story residences outside my window. I had a reasonable view of the harbour.
The rooms have a safe but no refrigerator, a strange omission.
Breakfast was included in my package and was just enough to tide me over til morning tea.
The shopping centre at ground level has a variety of restaurants to eat at.
Being on top of a railway station means transport to most parts of HK is rapid and in air conditioned comfort.
When traveling from the airport use the train, it means 2 changes but is is seamless, the HK metro works extremely was and everything will well marked in English and Chinese.
The staff were very good.

Room Tip: Use the train from the airport. Ignore the advice of the locals who might tell you it is on a bus ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mal E
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in this 3 star hotel for 5 days during our trip to China. We got what we expected. After being greeted by a warm staff and a beautiful, classy décor, we found ourselves admiring our spacious room, decked with all the modern amenities. The bathroom was clean and hygienic. The whole room had a very fresh feel to it. The view from our room just added to the charm of the room. One can get commute near Holiday Inn in the form of a sub-station. There are 2 very interesting malls very close to it for avid shoppers. Their in-house restaurant, Inagiku offers delicious food, very fresh. The staff is really good, very polite and quick service. They are also well versed in English so we had no problem communicating. The breakfast at Inagiku is served at no cost and a plentiful one too. Try the Asian cuisine. It was a memorable stay thanks to the services of the hotel and the friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Toyama, Japan
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed here with my husband during our week long vacation to Hong Kong. The place, which is a 3 star hotel, is worthy of more. What is really worth noting is their hospitality, the way they take customers very seriously. Our flight had got delayed because of which we had arrived quite late at the hotel but our check-in went as smoothly as if we had landed in the middle of the day. The lady at the front desk, Blair, was really polite and understanding. She understood our tired state and finished the formalities quickly. Meanwhile the staff had already transferred our luggage in our room. One look at the room and we were floored by its beauty and charm. If we had thought that the lobby outside was impressive, the room was really something. The décor was bright and vibrant, making everything come alive. The bathroom was a bit small but really neat, well stocked with toiletries. The only thing was the shower, which was leaking a bit. The sea view from our room was really amazing and refreshing. The breakfast is in their restaurant, Inagiku where they offer breakfast which is free and, that too with a lot of choices, is it in terms of juice or the cuisine where you have a choice between Western and Asian cuisine. We tried both during our stay and the food served was delicious. The only downside is the English of the staff in the restaurant. The hotel is right next to the sub-station so even though it is a bit far from the heart of Hong Kong, one can easily access it via the sub-stations. The area around the hotel has a lot to explore with two malls right next to it. One is the “Popcorn Mall” which was a shopper’s delight. This was a very delightful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tatianarusanova
delhi
Reviewed 18 September 2013

my trip was a buisness trip and the location of the hotel was very convient to my office. the room was nice and clean. the staff was helpful and friendly. the subway station is below the hotel which is very convient to go to other parts of the city. the view from the rooms is great. the room service was quick and good too. would definetly go again.....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed in the new Holiday Inn Express in the Tseung Kwan O area of Hong Kong last week. It is a new property and very new and clean. It is connected to the "Popcorn" mall on the MTR. Our check-in was made very pleasant by "Blair" a very competent front desk attendant. She even delivered new slippers and toiletry kits to our rooms after checking in. The "Crowne Plaza" Hotel (same owner) is also in the same mall.
My room was very clean and very comfortable. I was surprised that there are no shampoo, conditioner type amenities in this hotel. I guess I am just so used to not having to travel with those things that this caught me by surprise.
The only complaint was that the shower seemed to leak under the shower door in my room, but I mentioned that to "Grace" at the front desk and I am sure it's already repaired.
I recommend this hotel.
This hotel is several kilometers from the "Central" part of HK, but easily accessible by MTR.

Room Tip: I had an ocean facing room on the 25th floor. Very quiet and nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business