“Great professional staff & concierge”

Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East
Ranked #46 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great professional staff & concierge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Although this Crowne Plaza is not in the heart of the city center, it's a very good location. Step outside the hotel & walk around the corner & you're in the beautiful Popcorn shopping center complete with MTR station. They serve a great buffet breakfast and the restaurant staff is just super.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ronald G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Initially booked this facility as it offered a good rate. Once checked in and experienced the service of front desk and concierge personel plus the size and quality of the room, I fall in love with this hotel so I rebooked this same hotel on my return trip.
It may be a bit out of the way for many travelers but with the subway system right next door, practically everything is a 30 minutes' ride away. I will definitely return to this hotel on my next trip to Hongkong. And I take this opportunity to thank all staff there for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AbdoulA_13
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel last week...
Joined their priority club and received complementary drinks, internet access and free vouchers for foot massage. The staff is extremely helpful and have good spread of breakfast buffet..

The view from the hotel is extremely good.. we were on the 37th Floor and it was awesome....

Another convenience is the MTR... It is based on top of the Tseung Kwan O MTR Station so traveling was so convenient...

I would love to stay again at this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank vinod2604
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel for six nights. On booking we dealt with Carol who was so helpful in arranging a spectacular room on The Club floor and offered airport transfers etc. The room was an amazing corner room with a panoramic view of the town. It had everything you would expect from an executive room, but larger than most. For about 500HKD you can upgrade to the club floor. This is about the best deal in Hong Kong... Not only do you get a fabulous room, but also complementary Wifi, FULL breakfast buffet, Newspapers, Pressing and access to the fabulous roof top Club Lounge. Here we were greeted by Hazel who is the club manager and went out of her way to look after us so well throughout our stay. She helped us arrange our days out, advised us on transport and generally catered to our every need. Nothing was too much trouble for her, she was the consummate hostess and really did help make our holiday. As a club room guest you can also enjoy afternoon tea, complementary cocktails in the evening and amazing antipasti. All the staff here are wonderful, which I'm guessing stems from the manager who is always around and obviously runs a brilliant team. Don't worry about it being a little way out of town, the MTR (which is so good and cheap in Hong Kong) is about thirty seconds walk from the lobby. All in all we couldn't have wished for more and will definitely be making a trip back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room and ask if a corner is available.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rikkijay
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Even though I'm quite loyal to IHG, every time I see 1400 HKD price tag for "budget" HI Express Soho/ HI Causeway Bay, my loyalty vanishes. Seems, that finally I've found a good alternative to those overpriced central options - yes, you would have to spend more time on commuting, but hotel really worth those extra efforts - new building, fresh interiors, huge rooms (especially, compared to those of HI Express), mall (with numerous dining options) and MTR just in one minute by foot (from hotel lobby) - and, all of those advantages for a decent price of ~1000 HKD - which I find more, than acceptable for a given property level. As for the negatives - a lot of construction works nearby the hotel (some noise can be heard)+ as per my understanding, there's no sea view rooms in this hotel. First issue is fully solved by a high-floor room, second is not an issue at all ( just "nice to have") Would definitely stay here, during my visits to HK.

Room Tip: You'd better go for a high floor - no noise from construction works can be heard on floors, high...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexeich
Staine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

From the moment we entered the hotel reception we never looked back. As we had a club room we were escorted straight to the 47th floor and was offered a welcoming drink. The views from the outside lounge area was stunning and this was to be our spot to relax for the next five evenings.

As a platinum member we were given an upgraded room which was fantastic with both a huge bedroom area as was the bathroom which had both a large shower area and a bath..

The breakfast which was served in the chefs table was fantastic and eggs were cooked to perfection.

As we were staying in a club room we were served afternoon tea each day and this was stunning this was followed by evening cocktails and a light dinner

On the last night we eat in the aches table buffet and this was worth every penny. Steak and lamb chops were worth the money on their own.

Wincee was just outstanding in the club team and in our view would win employee of the month every month .. What a star. Thanks Wincee for making our stay outstanding . The best service I have ever had and as a Platinum ambassador I have met a lot of staff..once again WIncee your a star

Will definitely be returning to this location . The service is worth the visit

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stevie62
Kobe, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed for one night at the Crowne Plaza Kowloon East at the price of 900 HKD. Upon check in, I was promptly informed that I was able to get a free breakfast and a welcome drink due to the fact that I was a Platinum member of Priority Club. So far so good.

The room has all the mod-cons one might expect in a 5 star Crowne Plaza. I had no complaints with the Internet service which was also complimentary. If I had to be extremely picky, I'd have to say that the mattress wasn't the most comfortable I've slept on.

The one thing I noticed was the hotel seemed completely deserted. I knew that this was a new establishment to the area but wow! I must have seen 4 people at breakfast between the hours of 7AM to 8AM on a weekday. Some of the hot items looked extremely stale under the hot-lamp but I asked the chef to make new batches as I didn't want to eat tasteless food. The coffee served at breakfast was outstanding. When I asked an attendant what kind of coffee they were using, she was clueless and walked away.

My main problem is the location of the hotel but I guess most people will have accepted the fact that the selling point of the Crowne Plaza Kowloon East is the price and not for its location. It took me a good half hour on the MTR from Tsueng Kwan O to Sheung Wan.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business