I stayed at this hotel from 15-18 Oct 2013.
My feedback on this hotel is as below:
1) Signboards directing guests from Tseung Kwan O mtr station to the hotel can be misleading. Need an additional signboard in front of Kiehl's store to guide guests to turn left instead of going straight and getting lost (like I did).
2) On my first day at the hotel, I received a letter from the Business Development Manager (Trinette Lee) stating "we appreciate your valuable comments to improve further". I have not heard back from Ms Lee or anyone else with regards to my feedback on point #1 above. No acknowledgement that they received my feedback at all. Not impressive.
3) In my haste to check out on my last day, I left a 125ml jar of moisturizer in the bathroom. I went back 2 days later to check with their Lost & Found but to my disappointment, they told me that housekeeping did not record anything found in the room on the day I checked out. I find it hard to believe they would miss out a 125ml jar. It is clear that it was either discarded or taken for personal use. Very, very disappointed indeed.
4) The week after I checked out, I received an automated email requesting feedback on my stay with them. No matter how I tried, it was impossible for me to submit my review. The "Write a review" button wouldn't work (but strangely, the "Join our Rewards Club" button works). I then went to their hotel website to attempt submitting my review. I was asked for my details and even after submitting my details, I was told that they don't match the hotel records and requested me to call them for the feedback. Needless to say, I couldn't be bothered.
There is one thing that I really liked about this hotel though. The pillows are really fluffly and comfortable. But would I go back to this hotel just for the pillows considering their less-than-desirable service mentioned above?
Not if I can help it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the contemporary Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East. The spectacular Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East is an international hotel located atop Tseung Kwan O MTR Station and PopCorn Shopping Mall, providing an easy starting point to travel freely around the city. The hotel is just 20 minutes to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). If in a leisurely mood, visit Sai Kung town for a fresh seafood lunch overlooking the beautiful South China Sea. All 359 guest rooms offers excellent city views, dining choices range from the all day dining buffet restaurant to Cantonese dining and a roof-top Italian restaurant. Hi-tech connectivity makes it easy to stay in touch with business associates, friends and family. Fitness center and a soothing spa featuring seven private treatment rooms will make you feel rejuvenated and restored. Enjoy a 25-meter outdoor swimming pool (closed during winter). Enjoy seamless service in one of Hong Kong’s largest, well equipped Grand Ballroom; it can accommodate 1000 guests with an energy that inspires success and is the ideal place for weddings. Be it for work, shopping or holiday, make Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East your first choice in Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East